Here are the steps. omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. If there are any other routes available, they will be shown in gray. As usual with Apples virtual assistant, you can use many different types of phrasing and itll still understand you. Even in places that lack the guided tour, you can sometimes see 3D imagery of your destination. It would be okay if Siri said: "Speed Camera ahead, speed limit is 55 mph" in about 500 feet. barkerja 4 yr. ago. This kind of high-resolution photography is rolling out across more locations all the time, so if it hasnt hit your part of the world yet, keep checking back. Keep in mind this is a live feature, and itll automatically update until youve reached your destination. provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations Dave grew up in New Jersey before entering the Air Force to operate satellites, teach space operations, and do space launch planning. Select Accident, Hazard or Speed Check, and a report will generate instantly at that location. 1 1.Anyone actually seen a "speed trap" reported in Apple Maps for ; 2 2.How to report an accident, hazard, or speed check in Apple Maps for ; 3 3.How to Flag Police Speed Checks in Apple Maps! The white color is considered the most safe option for cars because of this. On iOS, tap the i icon (top right), then Satellite, then 3D; on macOS, click Satellite, then the 3D button. Thats why Apple Maps now has a setting to automatically turn on Do Not Disturb when it detects youre on the road. Sometimes you want to stop at a restaurant or a gas station while youre on the way to your destination. This feature was originally launched for drivers, but now you can share your ETA when you load up walking and cycling directions too. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. He has over two years of experience writing and editing technology-related articles. Heres how to fix them. 2. Jan 15, 2023. One of the best features that Apple Maps has and Google Maps doesnt (yet) is the ability to take a 3D flyover of major cities. The incident reports that you see might vary based on your location. This means a computer-generated animation will show you the most notable landmarks in a particular place. Add the information for the issue, then tap Send. Help? These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, By default, Apple Maps shows you the quickest route from A to B when youre driving somewhere, but you dont always have to take it. Slow Traffic Ahead! I hear an audio alert of an upcoming speed check, but see nothing on the map (using CarPlay). Cookie Notice Slow down to a safe speed when approaching a red light and drive in the left lane only if you have to. Your iPhone must be updated to iOS 14.5 or later (whether youre using the CarPlay interface or not). In iOS 12, the transportation icons for both vehicular and pedestrian use have been relocated to a rounded rectangle. Best Apple CarPlay apps: what are the best in-car iPhone choices? New York, You don't need to do anything to enable this feature; if it's supported in your locale, you will automatically see the cameras marked on the map. In driving navigation mode, tap the route card at the bottom, then go to Report and choose Accident, Hazard, or Speed Check. You cant clear speed checks. Apple Maps Apple Inc. Information & communications technology Technology. We have at least seen the location of cameras in the Haarlem region. Heres how it works. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. From Settings in iOS, tap Maps, and then Navigation & Guidance. Apple Maps only shows that there is a speed camera. It is necessary to restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Maps users in London, Los Angeles, New York City, and San Francisco can experience a three-dimensional city view with rich detail, enhanced navigation, immersive walking directions, and more. Google TV just got over 800 channels for free in the US, I can't believe I'm this jealous of Japan's new Final Fantasy 16 PS5 bundle, Siri is being left behind and Apple knows it, The best tech tutorials and in-depth reviews, Try a single issue or save on a subscription, Issues delivered straight to your door or device. The Orange Line is a rapid transit line operated by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro). Just like iPhone, depending on the conditions, you will see orange or red dots/lines on the road. Next to the arrival time and miles, you'll see an upward-facing arrow; tap it. Tap it, and you'll be presented with the Report an Incident menu and three large options that are easy to choose without diverting your eyes from the road. FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. This option is near the bottom of the page. The black line on Apple Maps indicates the route that you are currently taking. You can now help out your fellow drivers by reporting what you see on the road, whether its an accident, a hazard, or a police speed check. On the other side of things, if you drive past an area where someone marked an accident, you'll get a notification from Apple. While navigating with Apple Maps, you will see a yellow icon with a camera in the location of a speed camera. In the Apple Maps app, tap and rotate with two fingers, for example, to change the orientation of the map. Apple will anonymously crowdsource this information, and if several people report the same, its system will alert other drivers who are using Apple Maps. After clicking the Map button, choose Driving (or choose Satellite, then select Traffic). Source: Apple Newsroom When not following turn-by-turn directions in Apple Maps: Hit the ' i ' icon at the map's upper-right corner and tap Report an Issue. Tap one of the Accident, Hazard, or Speed Check icons below to report. It does not store any personal data. Dutch site iCulture reported the feature appearing in the Netherlands and Belgium. This works on either your iPhone or on the CarPlay interface. With iOS 14.5 and later, you can report incidents like accidents, hazards, speed checks, or roadwork in the Maps app on your iPhone. From this screen, you can set the navigation voice volume or turn it off completely. When Will a Google Street View Car Come to Your Area? In the Apple Watchs Exercise ring, you can check how many minutes youve burned off of brisk activity. Now if we could just get them a little more accurate. How to report accidents, hazards, or speed checks in Apple Maps. Privacy Policy. Over the course of the trip, Waze warned of about 10-12 different police cars coming up within the next 1/2 mile on the side of the road, checking speeds. This doesn't affect our editorial independence. Tap the white "Speed Limits" switch. Tap the location icon again to go back to normal viewing mode. 3. If you see an incident icon on your map but its not there in the real world any longer, you can report that it has cleared. If you want to see the world from your couch, you can do so by following the black line. Apple probably headed this direction to avoid law enforcement concern after receiving backlash with Waze such as criminals using to avoid police during a chase and some civilians using it to avoid DUI which was years ago.. btlheureux 2 yr. ago The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Turn the Tolls and Highways options on or off as needed, depending on the route you want to take. What are the colors on Apple Maps? By default, Apple Maps on your iPhone uses an up-for-north perspective, or rotates the map based on the way your vehicle is turning. To increase the efficiency of the app, it is necessary to clear its cache and data. [Related: 5 uses for Google Maps beyond navigation]. If the "Speed Limit" switch is green when you open the Driving & Navigation menu, speed limits are already enabled in Maps. Because you shouldnt be tapping your phone while driving, you can also make your reports via Siri. If you see red on the map, it means that there is some sort of obstruction or hazard in that area. Hello.When I use Apple maps for navigation in Car Play in my MK 7 VW Golf, if I make a phone call or receive a phone call, there is a very loud and annoying alert tone when I approach an instruction from Apple Maps and I cannot find a way of turning it off.It is not necessary as I can see on the map that I need to turn etc.Please help.Thanks. If you don't want to wait for the Apple Maps feature, Google Maps and Waze already have tools for viewing traffic and speed cameras. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Once it is, touch the route card at the bottom of the screen in navigation mode to find the Share ETA button. In our test, we did not receive any notification of the speed camera and there was no announcement that you are approaching a speed camera. Once it told me there was a speed check with an approximate distance ahead, another time I got a notification box that simply let me acknowledge the alert, and another time I was prompted to respond whether the alert was still valid or should be cleared. To set up this feature, youll need to allow Apple Maps to remember specific places. Whether youre using the app on iOS or macOS, weve rounded up some handy tricks for getting from A to B more easily. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. The tour takes in the same spots in both cases, though obviously everything will be easier to see if you watch it on a laptop or desktop display. Choose Accident, Hazard, or Speed Check. With Google My Maps, you can create a custom map for each visit based on the time and place you visit. Apple Maps doesnt yet show the actual speed limit applying to the stretch of road where cameras are present. The colors red and orange indicate stop-and-go driving. Red-light cameras are signified by traffic light icons, while speed cameras are illustrated as camera-like icons inside yellow squares. Not a single one showed as a warning in that area on Apple Maps. A slowdown or stop-and-go vehicle can be seen in red, as can a slow vehicle in orange. Apple Maps has added crowdsourced incident reporting to iPhones via iOS 14.5. Traffic is stopped when the road is marked with a red light. Tap Report an Incident, then tap Crash, Hazard, Speed Check, or Roadwork. The platform then adds the information provided by drivers to the map so other motorists can get warnings in advance. Slowdowns and stop-and-go traffic are represented by orange and red lines. When using turn-by-turn driving directions: In Apple Maps, Swipe up or tap the tiny arrow to bring up the options sheet. Choose Go and start your journey. call On a road map, orange indicates slowdowns, and red indicates traffic stops. The goal of these speed limits is to allow traffic to move at a reasonable rate while avoiding accidents and congestion. It's as simple as that! It will show you a range of options close to your current trajectory, which lets you make your pick based on location and the amount of added travel time. 42 votes, 17 comments. Macworld is your best source for all things Apple. After all, its much easier to mount a phone than a MacBook Pro on your car dashboard. The colors red and orange indicate stop-and-go driving. Note: Currently, reporting incidents in Apple Maps is limited to users in the USA and China. The app includes indoor maps for many airports and large shopping centers around the world. This location has been the site of an alert, which can be seen by clicking a red arrow. Apple Maps lets you build up lists of places or guides. Color is used to distinguish traffic levels on various routes on the app. Apple has added the feature to the list of iOS 14 updates on the Maps app store page but has no support articles on the Apple website to help users troubleshoot. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 110,092 times. The green color indicates that things are moving smoothly and that there is no traffic. The traffic incidents feature is currently only available in the U.S. and China. If youre following turn-by-turn directions, you can tap the Route card at the bottom of the screen, then Report followed by Accident, Hazard, or Speed Check.