Some options include: Deleting and re-downloading the title Sometimes the download may have been incomplete or corrupted. The setup always goes smoothly but it soon loses connectivity. Fewer bars mean a weaker signal. To make sure your Alexa device is always playing the radio, youll need to enable the Radio skill in the Skills section of the Alexa app. Alexa having trouble playing Pandora When connect to radio by Alexa keeps dropping out Welcome to the Digital Spy forums. I even tried the hard reset to no avail. If the light is white, you are connected, and if its orange, theres no Wi-Fi connection. So what gives, and how can you fix it? WebWhy do BBC Sounds streams stop or cut out when listening on my Alexa device? No matter which app store you use, make sure to keep the Alexa app up to date. Have you established that everythings okay with your network access? So its not my wifi. Why is the volume so low when listening via my Amazon HD8 device? This can result in anything from distorted music, to your favorite song cutting out midway through. On the bottom of the Echo, theres a power LED that serves as a Wi-Fi indicator. This will reset the Echo and may fix any software issues. Also, try to keep the Echo at least 8 inches from the wall, as this can dampen the signal and cause difficulty when trying to use voice-activated features. Audio stops playing on Galaxy mobile devices These Skills link your Amazon/Alexa account with the streaming service of your choice, such as Pandora, Prime Music, Spotify, Tidal, and others. WebThese are three likely reasons this is happening: 1.) Do the same with your modem and router, and turn off the Wi-Fi on all connected devices. Yes, Alexa can play music for sleeping. There are a range of sleep sounds available on the Alexa app and on Amazon Music, and many of them are designed to help you relax and fall asleep. Does anyone know what a flashing blue light means? With a knack for troubleshooting device issues, shes been the go-to for family and friends for all kinds of tech-related issues - dating back to VCRs! I am quite new to this device, but have been happily using it without any real issues until last week. Go to the Search bar, and hit the Alexa Skills category. Your email address will not be published. Terms of Use | Another issue that may affect playback has to do with Bluetooth. This is the most likely explanation for why Alexa might suddenly stop playing music. At the end of the day, we all want to be able to listen to our music uninterrupted. Tap on the i next to the Wi-Fi network youre connected to. Bluetooth has an average range of 30 feet. France May Day protests: Hundreds arrested and more than 100 police officers injured as riots break out, Gwyneth Paltrow wont seek to recover legal fees after being awarded $1 in ski collision lawsuit, reporting issues for the second straight week, 'I was spiked and raped but saw no justice. Help fixing problems with BBC Sounds on your smart speaker Make sure the distance is less than 30 feet, with as few obstructions in the way as possible. Once connected, youll be able to control which station and song you listen to, as well as the volume. If youve tried all of these troubleshooting steps and youre still experiencing issues, contact Amazon support. Then turn on the Wi-Fi on the other devices. So, if you want Alexa to play music for a longer period of time, ask her to play music at a low volume. Some of the most popular sleep sounds include ocean waves, rainfall, and bird songs. The first step is to check your internet connection. Please check your device settings to ensure Wi-Fi stays enabled. How long will Alexa play music before turning off? The first is through the Alexa app. After that, its the same drill as with the first-generation devices: the light ring will turn off and on again, then itll turn orange, and the device is ready for setup via the Alexa app. You get there by pressing Play at the bottom of the Alexa app home screen. Try asking Alexa play (radio station) on Tunein. Why does my Alexa keep cutting out? (Lets fix it!) - Smart Home Check the strength of your Wi-Fi or mobile data. We apologize for the This means that, in the meantime, you will need to download BBC Sounds the BBCs radio and podcast app to be able to access its stations. If you cant find the issueaffecting you thenget in touch. One day it will find and play a station the next it can't find it! This can be a great option if youre not too far from your Echo. Read more It might be that your internet connection is too slow and doesnt have enough bandwidth for streaming audio, or that the connection is flaky and experiencing excessive packets loss. All you need to do is tell Alexa to call for help (Alexa does not support 911 calling, so this is only for help with your Echo device). Spotify, and to a lesser extent, Amazon Music are two of the main culprits. Theyll be able to help you determine the root of the problem and may be able to provide a solution. You can also ask Alexa to play music from a specific artist or album. A poor Wi-Fi signal makes it hard for your Echo to connect to the internet where its retrieving your music. Wi-Fi connectivity issues can cause media and music to buffer or not play. If I ask it to resume, it starts from the first song again. Perhaps a device update or Alexa app update will remedy these in the near future. You can set for example a default music library or a The station is as above "Echoes of Bluemars". If you tried the solutions above and came to the conclusion that your Echo needs replacing, check to see if your device is still covered under Amazons warranty. Before the Echo device takes all the blame, you should check other devices (phones, tablets, smart TVs, computers) to see if they have a good connection. The tap Pair a New Device. I have my WiFi router scheduled to switch off at midnight and turn back on in the morning. Amazon Echo Alarm Is Unreliable (Its Too Quiet Or Doesnt Go Off! Delete the audiobook from your device and then re-download. Why am I unable to access BBC Sounds on Alexa even after linking my account? Another slightly less popular way to play music via your Echo is an aux cable. This has recently started happening on my Echo. a relatively easy fix. Great suggestionshowever my Echo dot does not have the LED light indicator for WIFI strength that you referred to?? Streaming music to your Amazon Echo typically goes on without a hitch. If your Amazon Alexa is cutting out, make sure it is properly plugged and the power cord is secure. If you want to see if the Skill is the problem by disabling, then enabling them again, you have two options. @BBC6Music A textbook example by @BBCSounds of introducing friction instead of removing it. | Enter your username or e-mail address. The most common cause of Alexas music pauses in the midst of songs is a faulty internet connection. If nothing else helps, factory reset and starting from scratch will most likely do the trick. Why Does Alexa Keep Cutting Out? Solved! - The Gadget Buyer You can ask her to play a song, a station, or a playlist. Head to Amazon's website for full teied all the usual reconnected numerous times but every day it loses its connection and the only solution is switch off and. You can choose which service Alexa uses to play your music for streaming stations and general requests. This can be caused by loud noises or by other devices that are using the same frequency as the Echo. So I have to manually restart the routine in order to play the radio again. If youre not sure which radio stations are available in your country, you can check the list of available stations on Amazons website. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Restart Your Alexa. Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. Alexas abilities range from turning on the lights to ordering pizza, but one of her most commonly used functions is playing music. Once youve connected the Skill, you can go to the Entertainment section of the Alexa app. 5GHz guarantees a stronger and more stable connection (if the Echo is close enough to the router, of course). ), & Other Smart Home Updates, Ring Device Health Says That Voltage Is Too High (Danger!), 11 Reasons Why Smart Thermostats Are Pointless, How To Tell If Someone Is Watching The Wyze Cam Live Feed. Alexa skipping when playing music. How do Whether its Rock, Rap, Latin, or Classical music has the power to move us. Go to the Amazon Music app, tap, and hold the app icon. This does not effect our editorial in any way. You speak into the void, and nothing happens. Smart speaker Please note that all comments go into a moderation queue (to prevent blog spam). I tried that and several other ways of saying it. radio December 29, 2022. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password. Please try again in a few minutes. Fortunately, the chances of the issue being too serious to deal with on your own is low. Alexa Force close everything, then reopen the Alexa app. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. A connection via Bluetooth or an aux cable evades the issue of interrupted music with Spotify and Amazon Music. This is one of the most common reasons that your Echo has to keep buffering your music, or it stops altogether. Always losing connection, getting that red ring saying its having a problem whereas my 1st gen Echo has been flawless. Here are a few tips on how to keep Alexa playing music all night. Checking on your Wi-Fi strength varies depending on which Echo you have. The Amazon Echo has a lot of great uses. If youre not sure which sleep sounds to choose, the Alexa app has a sleep sounds library that includes a variety of sounds and tracks. Read about our approach to external linking. When it comes to Amazon Music, however, you dont need to connect it via a Skill, since its an Amazon product. Why Does Alexa Stop Playing Music - Smart Home Perfected Customers are sharing videos online showing their Alexas being unable to understand requests to play BBC stations. On the next screen, youll see the network youre currently connected to, as well as other available networks. Why on earth spend large sums on a device which relies on voice inputs when a real Internet radio does it so much better and more reliably with old fashioned displays and menus? Contact Us | Privacy Policy | TOS | All Rights Reserved. In the Alexa app, you can connect to your favorite music streaming service via Skills. Make sure that your Echo is connected to the internet and that your internet connection is working properly. Echo 2nd Generation randomly stops playing radio playing radio One of the many things that Alexa can do is play music. If youre still experiencing problems, you can unpair and re-pair your Bluetooth devices. Often, power cycling your cable modem or router is enough to resolve connectivity problems, but sometimes its necessary to contact your ISP. Under investigation, Listeners hearing Red Button broadcast after launching BBC Sounds TV app, BBC Sounds Youd simply connect an aux cable to the aux port on your Echo, as well as the aux port on your mobile device. The most recent device If the music has just started playing and is at a low volume, Alexa will play music for longer. After connecting Alexa to new internet, I keep getting that my pandora can't be palyed. When the light ring turns orange, your device will enter the setup mode. Please tell us about it in the comments below! The Met haven't learned from the Stephen Port case', 10m Tory donation surge raises prospects of early general election, Irans secret war on British soil: Poison plots, kidnap attempts and kill threats, Holidaymakers face summer airport chaos if staff vetting doesn't accelerate, travel bosses warn, i morning briefing: Why an invitation to swear allegiance to the King caused a right royal row, Raft of legal challenges to voter ID laws set to launch after local elections, Disabled children locked out of 210m in savings as senior Tories demand trust fund rule change, Rishi Sunak to use coronation for diplomatic 'speed dating' blitz with world leaders, The bewitching country with giant animals and waterfalls that's now easier to reach, Police forces and councils are buying hacking software used to unlock mobile phones, 'I own a private island and it's not paradise - it's a useless, rotting burden', If he asks your father for his permission to marry you, walk away, 10 reasons to visit the eurozone's newest and most festive member this summer, Two easy new coronation recipes to try, created by a former Highgrove chef of the King, Frank Lampard says Chelsea should copy Arsenals successful model and ditch current approach, Do not sell or share my personal information. Youre entire article speaks to obtaining a connection, yet the issue in the headline is about it continually losing a connection. One possibility is that the Echo is experiencing connectivity issues. Most common Amazon Echo Dot problems, and how to fix them Once youve done that, you can then ask Alexa to play your favourite radio station by saying something like, "Alexa, play BBC Radio 1.". You can ask her to play music from a specific genre, artist, or album. Yes, you can leave Alexa on all the time. Just make sure that you add the music to a custom playlist first so that it will keep playing all night long. Like any other customer service, they will probably test your patience by politely asking you to repeat all the steps youve already taken. There are several possible explanations for why Alexa might stop playing music. If the Echo cant connect to the internet, it wont be able to play music. Why Does My Alexa Keep Stopping When Playing Music? (6 If at all feasible, move your device closer to the router, or think about purchasing a Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Wi-Fi routers using the 2.4 GHz band may have an indoor range of up to 150 feet and an If the Alexa app needs to be updated, youll see it under Apps that need to be updated. In the App Store, you can also go to your account icon in the top, right-hand corner of the screen. 6 Common Music Streaming Problems and How To Fix Them, Echo Show Song Lyrics Not Showing Or Being Really Buggy, Newsletter (14th Dec 22): Eufy Caught Lying (Apparently? Some users describe this issue as being specific to certain music streaming services. Keeping them close together on an elevated spot in your house would be perfect. Here on Smart Home Point, she shares her knowledge with the world in hopes itll help you create and maintain your smart home. The Amazon Alexa team said: Our apologies for the inconvenience. In order to find and turn this setting off, please follow the steps below: Go to phone settings Go to Device Care Select Battery Find and select iHeartRadio In the worst case, you might need to buy a new Echo or ask Amazon for a replacement, if it is still under warranty. If youre using your mobile device via Bluetooth to connect to your Echo, this may be a cause. Do the same with your modem and router, and turn off the Wi-Fi on all connected devices. Even dishwashers, air conditioning vents, or stereos can cause minor problems. There are a few possible reasons your Echo could be losing connection, and the most common issue is with the Wi-Fi. However, if youre not using your Echo device, we recommend turning it off to conserve energy. Then you can open the Alexa app on your phone and start the setup process over again. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Unfortunately, when you open up the Alexa app on your phone, youll Wait for about 30 seconds, then turn the Reading this thread reinforces my sceptical view of gadgets which offer technology for the sake of it. First, if you have your device set to turn off after a certain period of inactivity, Alexa will turn off the music. All Rights Reserved. With the classic Echo Dot, you can simply say, Alexa, next song.. If you want to see an indicator of Wi-Fi strength, youd have to go into your Echos settings and go through the steps as if youre changing your Wi-Fi. Why is there no audio when I try to play a programme? Help fixing problems with BBC Sounds on your Alexa device She owns several smart home gadgets like strip lights, smart bulbs, cameras, and more! Hold it in until the light rings turn on and off again. The show is better but the echos never reconnect. How do you get Alexa to play continuously? However, in general, most Alexa devices are capable of playing sleep sounds overnight. Why Does Alexa Keep Cutting Out? Trying another device if possible Simply say, Alexa, pair for it to become visible to the device youre trying to connect from. Is the Wi-Fi connection is bad, or theres no connection at all? This option offers greater freedom when playing your music because now you have app-specific actions available to you like replaying a song or going back to the previous song. Unfortunately, there doesnt seem to be a solution to using Spotify that doesnt involve interruptions at least not yet. 2023 Hearst UK is the trading name of the National Magazine Company Ltd, 30 Panton Street, Leicester Square, London, SW1Y 4AJ. You may have your device set to shut off Wi-Fi once your screen goes to sleep. Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power But, how long will Alexa play music before turning off? Smart Home Point 2019-2023. Thats annoying. Skills may also need updating or may need to be uninstalled, then reinstalled. One possibility is that the Echo is experiencing connectivity issues. Turn on the Echo device so it can be the first to reconnect to Wi-Fi. This is one of the most common reasons that your Echo has to keep buffering your music, or it stops altogether. There are other radio skills that can be used, the MyTuner skill is good for foreign stations. Unrestricted: The app will be permitted to run in the background without any restrictions. Your email address will not be published. If you own an Amazon Echo, youll frequently discover new features and even some Easter Eggs. If the Echo cant connect to the internet, it wont be able to play music. If you want to see if this is the issue, try using another music streaming service such as Pandora or Apple Music, just to see if the music has the same interruption. Connected TV Why is the sound distorted on episode nine of The Whisperer in Darkness? https://voicebrew.com/alexa-radio/#:~:text=To enable the myTuner Radio,tap/click the Enable button. Alexa completely failing to understand a single BBB radio station pic.twitter.com/0SI6GV83dF. For example, the Echo Dot does not have a built-in speaker, so you may not be able to hear the sleep sounds if youre using the Dot in a bedroom. However, 2.4 GHz performs better for devices separated from the router by walls or other obstacles. That way, youll reduce interference from other devices while increasing the connection and range at the same time. A poor Wi-Fi signal makes it hard for your Echo to connect to the internet where its retrieving your music. Sorry, we're still checking this file's contents to make sure it's safe to download. Keep in mind that router signals spread horizontally and downward from the source, so the higher you move the Echo and the router, the better. On the next screen, tap on Disable Skill. If the Bluetooth device is displayed as a Switch Wi-Fi networks, if possible. However, there have been numerous reports of Alexa abruptly stopping music playback for no apparent reason. It is available and playable on other Tunein platforms but seems now to have been removed from whatever version Alexa uses. Did your Echo have connectivity problems? This functions much like Bluetooth does, except that youll be using a wired connection versus a wireless one. If you want to listen to a specific sleep sound, you can say, "Alexa, play [sleep sound name]." But, unfortunately, problems streaming your favorite music or podcasts may sometimes occur. Find the small hole at the base of the device, insert the tool, and press in the reset button. Amazon Alexa: Playback stops - Pandora Community However, if you dont have Guard Plus and need help troubleshooting your Echo, visit the Amazon help webpage for more options. Under investigation, International users have reported no sound when streaming, When listening using an Amazon HD8 device, the volume is very low, Smart speaker You can use the Alexa app on your phone or tablet to connect your Echo to the 5GHz. Here are some useful tips for solving your Echos connectivity problems. You can ask her to play music from a certain genre, artist, or album. Youll have to resolve your Echos connection issue before you can use it reliably. We are currently experiencing a technical issue that may prevent you from getting the radio stations playing well from the TuneIn service. You can also ask her to play ambient or nature sounds to help you fall asleep. Flashing on and off not going around. To avoid the extra steps, instead, go into your mobile devices settings, then to Wi-Fi. Why does Voice requests to control Sonos and play music will likely fail. Alexa is a voice controlled assistant that comes with Amazon Echo. Why do BBC Sounds streams stop or cut out when listening on my Alexa device? Amazons help isnt at all helpful on this one! All rights reserved. Best answer by UKMedia 31 December 2018, 10:45. What if the ECHO is the only device that loses the WFI including a Google home that is 15 feet further from the WIFI than the ECHO which is 2 feet from the WIFI. WebMusic or Media Not Playing with Alexa. You would simply go into your Devices Settings, then to Bluetooth. Related Reading: Echo Show Song Lyrics Not Showing Or Being Really Buggy. There are a few possible reasons for why your Alexa might keep stopping when playing music. That can be a good thing since that leaves the 5GHz unburdened. WebRestarting your internet router is also a good step to try, and making sure your router's software is up to date. If your Echo isnt visible, it may not be in pairing mode. For an Echo Dot, its a little trickier, as the Alexa app doesnt readily display the strength of the network youre connected to. This can be incredibly frustrating for Echo owners, as it can interrupt whatever music or podcast they may be listening to. If youre not sure whether your Alexa device can play sleep sounds all night, check the devices user manual or contact the manufacturer. If youre using your Echo via Bluetooth or aux cable to listen to music, the internet or service on your mobile device may be the cause of your interrupted music. Try switching the security protocol to just one of them. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us. Music or Media Not Playing with Alexa - Amazon Customer Service Your only other option would be to use your mobile device with your Echo via Bluetooth. "Alexa, ask mytuner radio to play echoes of bluemars", You may need to turn on the skill first if you haven't already done so. You can then say, Alexa, ask BBC Sounds to play Radio 1, for example, and listen to BBC stations through your smart speaker as normal. Amazon offers Guard Plus for Echo device owners. If youre still experiencing issues, try disabling any connected devices that might be causing interference, such as a baby monitor or a wireless router. WebOpen the Alexa app, then tap Settings > Device Settings. Theres no definitive answer to this question since it depends on how youve configured your Alexa device and which radio stations you listen to. Your comment will be manually reviewed and approved by Tristan in less than a week. You can access all of these sleep sounds by saying, "Alexa, play sleep sounds" or "Alexa, play nature sounds.". These are not stubborn problems, and the following steps will guide you on the same. Thats what i need to know, not how to connect. Its no secret that Alexa is a fantastic personal assistant, but did you know that she can also keep you entertained all night long? Or even more frustrating, what if the device is continuously disconnecting and reconnecting? Yvette is a freelance writer who also happens to be a smart home enthusiast! When you find it, click on the Skill. On that screen, youll see devices available for you to connect to via Bluetooth. Choose from one of the available options. She will start playing the songs in the playlist and will continue to play them until the playlist is finished. This may be able to fix some glitches that happen with music playback. When using these streaming services, users have complained that their music stops every few songs, but eventually resumes. can I troubleshoot playback issues on my There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, such as the specific make and model of Alexa device you are using and the type of sleep sounds you want to listen to. Im Tristan Perry, the guy behind Smart Home Point. Amazon Echo Keeps Losing Connection How To Fix - Alphr More often than not iHeartRadio loses connection because there is an issue with your Internet connection. Next, create a custom playlist that will keep playing all night long. You can request the specific radio station and it should play as normal.. Your WiFi may be affected by interference which would cause First, make sure that you have enabled the "night mode" feature in the Alexa app. 2.1/ Open the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable' followed by 'Enable'; 2.2/ Ensure that you don't have multiple Amazon accounts logged into different Apps on your device, as this can confuse the Amazon Authorisation.