To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Featured Review: Niche User says I know it's there but it doesn't affect me. Data estimated from arrests & clearances from a sample from the Uniform Crime 18,000 local law enforcement agencies in the U.S. Join a global community of remote workers living around the world, Tip: Hold CTRL and drag mouse to pan around the map, Where to Stay in San Cristbal de las Casas. Featured Review: Niche User says I've lived here for a little over 9 years, and I have always felt safe in my area.. 9 Niche users give it an average review of 3.1 stars. The Indian Heights Neighborhood. The violent crime rate in Wichita Falls is 386.9 per 100,000 people. Within walking distance to the restaurants and bars on Douglas and to the College Hill Park. This is one of the most dangerous regions in the United States. The people are overall very friendly and Ive made lifelong friends, just from living in the neighborhood. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. This is compared to communities of all sizes, from the smallest to the largest. The wind blows 5-60mph. In Wichita Falls, your chance of becoming a victim of a property crime is one in 32, which is a rate of 32 per one thousand population. Get As a result, it is no surprise that Wichita Falls has been ranked as one of the best cities for families in Texas. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. How Does Wichita Falls Crime Compare To The Rest Of The Country? Overall, my experience growing up here and living in the neighborhood has been great and I would not change a thing about it. Read 10 reviews. The Crime Indices range from 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime). And remember, don't blame the messenger. The violent crime rate in Wichita Falls is 386.9 per 100,000 people. . State, Murder In Brownsville, meanwhile, thoughthe overall numbers for everything are very low, robbery crimes make up a surprisingly high number of cases, at 58.1 per 100,000, good for almost 25% of the violent crime in the city. Manage Settings Nick Johnson earned his masters in Business Administration from the Drucker School At Claremont Graduate University. That's -0.23% lower than the national rate of 387.8 per 100,000 people. In Wichita Falls, your chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime is 1 in 177. It is a safe place to raise children and not many parents are concerned about crime. Education. She oversees the magazines travel and style sections. See cost of living, internet speed, weather and other metrics about United States as a place to work remotely for digital nomads. To figure out how bad a place is to live in, we only needed to know what kinds of things people like and then decide what places have the least amount of those things. Law enforcement employees (officers & civilians), Violent crimes in Wichita Falls are 46% higher than the national average, In Wichita Falls you have a 1 in 28 chance of becoming a victim of crime, Year over year crime in Wichita Falls has increased by 7%. 4. Property crimes that are tracked for this analysis are burglary, larceny over fifty dollars, motor vehicle theft, and arson. HomeSnacks is reader-supported. When comparing the safety of Wichita Falls to every other city in Texas, as well as the entirety of the United States, is Wichita Falls safe? The people are overall very friendly and Ive made lifelong friends, just from living in the neighborhood. 1:10. Chasing Chains, LLC. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Featured Review: Senior says My experience has been quite crazy in my 12 years, now that it is coming to an end. This region is policed by WICHITA FALLS POLICE DEPT. Once you're done, you can look at the bottom of the story for a complete chart of every neighborhood we looked at from worst to best. Featured Review: Niche User says The area I live in is very quiet and in a great place next to the Arkansas river. State. People are great. Rate, Forced Featured Review: Parent says The staff (admin, teachers, office, food service and maintenance staff) truly care about students and know each student personally. Methodology: Niche User: I know it's there but it doesn't affect me Read 8 reviews. You also have a 1 in 33 chance of being the victim of a property crime such as vehicle theft, personal property theft, and burglary. The houses are mostly all historical and are extremely diverse and interesting to look at. Rankings for Wichita Falls in Texas Population over time in Wichita Falls Race / Ethnicity in Wichita Falls White 59.7% (62,480) African American 12.2% (12,754) American Indian 0.5% (522) Asian 2.4% (2,520) Hawaiian 0.1% (78) Other 0.3% (273) Two Or More 3.0% (3,142) Hispanic 21.9% (22,888) Gender in Wichita Falls Female 47.4% (49,613) Male I am going to live there again. I like the fact that they try to get you involved in any little way they can wether that is sports, clubs, art, music, etc. Select your ideal criteria and let Scout do the rest. Featured Review: Niche User says I enjoy living here! The FBIs Uniform Crime Reports compile crime statistics on hundreds of metro areas. Search Homes For Sale In Wichita Falls, TX. Hold on to your pants. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Crime Reports (UCR). Courtney Bond is an executive editor of Texas Monthlys Food & Drink and BBQ sections. City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Not safe at all. : This data reflects the 2020 calendar year and was released from the. Riverside has a great elementary school. Current Resident: I grew up in this neighborhood. Our nationally-comparable school ratings are covered under US Patent No. I have one student currently attending SFA and one who has graduated. State Inmates & Offenders Under Correctional Supervision, Trump correctly cites rising crime rates in cities, Ellwood City crime stats mirror national trend, New York City Major Crimes Fall to Lowest Recorded Level. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. We threw the following criteria into this analysis in order to get the best, most complete results possible. Featured Review: Current Resident says Riverside neighborhood is an excellent place to live. The Wichita Falls total amount of daily crime is 1.35 times more than the Texas average and 1.55 times more than than that of the nation. We use data, analytics, and a sense of humor to determine the dirt on places across the country. As we mentioned earlier, the neighborhoods in Wichita aren't all bad. . To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Fairly safe. National. We use data, analytics, and a sense of humor to determine quality of life for places across the nation. This is possible by associating the 9.4 million reported crimes in the U.S, including over 2 million geocoded point locations. The people are overall very friendly and Ive made lifelong friends, just from living in the neighborhood. Neighborhoods in Wichita Falls with the most expensive home sales. 232 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. The numbers in El Paso, Laredo, and McAllen are all slanted heavily toward aggravated assault. The Worst Neighborhoods In Wichita For 2022 Power New Salem Matlock Heights McAdams North Central The Elm Murdock Central 2000 Oakview Hilltop So what's the worst neighborhood to live in Wichita for 2022? There is only a little crime in this area. Leave them blank to get signed up. This region is policed by WICHITA FALLS POLICE DEPT. Driving Directions to Wichita Falls,Texas, http://www.insideprison.com/state-inmate-search-in-state.asp?st_abb=TX, http://www.insideprison.com/inmate_search_Texas.asp, Crime Rates by Raw data sources: Not very safe. "If Google Maps and Urban Dictionary had a love child". Below are its crime rates and policing statistics according to the FBI's Uniform I never walk alone at night. A crippling four-year drought has taken this community to a place they've never been before. Nows Your Chance. Population 15,162. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Or skip to the end to see the list of all 70 neighborhoods ranked from worst to best. Crown Heights takes the cake as the best place to live in Wichita. Today it's 31C with good air quality (44 g/m3). 0:04. The property crime rate in Wichita Falls is 3,078.2 per 100,000 people. Importantly, when you compare Wichita Falls to other communities of similar population, then Wichita Falls crime rate (violent and property crimes combined) is quite a bit higher than average. This means that your chances of becoming a victim of any type of crime in Wichita Falls is 1 in 13 if you reside there for a year. For more reading on life in Wichita Falls, check out: Each category of crime indexed to the worst per capita in Texas. That compares to a 1 in 224.0 chance statewide. Good. The neighborhood has a suburban feel to it but is only five minutes from many restaurants and stores. Stacker compiled a list of zip codes with the most expensive homes in Wichita Falls, TX metro area using data from Zillow. Discover your neighborhood's best match, anywhere. Wichita Falls has an overall crime rate of 7,503 per 100,000 residents. Stacker compiled a list of cities with the most expensive homes in Wichita Falls metro using data from Zillow. Violent Crimes 4,021 crimes / 100k people. Crime Map for Wichita Falls, TX. Updated annually. Beaumont/Port Arthuris a different MSA from Houston, but the nearby cities share a high murder rate. In the future, this area will continue to improve and house wonderful families with a low crime rate. Read 4 reviews. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. All rights reserved. Explore the best neighborhoods to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. June 6, 1936 - A double F2 twister struck in. Night or day, it's a very safe place. Types of violent crimes may include assault, robbery, rape, or murder. Wichita County's rate of drug-related deaths is ranked the worst in Texas according to a 2019 study. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Higher means more crime, U.S. average is 254.8. Wichita Falls is a region located in TX, and has a population of 106,753. On a per capita basis, there are approximately 171 sex offender(s) per 100,000 Sherman-Denison, places at #22, with almost 77% of its cases being assault. Meanwhile, in Dallas/Fort Worth, the numbers are pretty low: The Metroplex places #17 on the list, with robbery rates high and the murder rate, at 4.4, in the middle of the pack. They want everyone to succeed and work hard to offer support. Other 04/28/2023 1:49 PM EMMERT RD E AND FM 171. The staff are great, I still keep in contact with my 5th grade teacher still to this day. (Rape statistics nationally are believed to be widely underreported, which makes this number somewhat lessthanreliable in regards to the actual incidences of the crimeits unclear, for example, if more rapesoccurin Amarillo or if the criminal justice system in the area is set up to report them more easily.). Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. When you click through real estate links on our site, we earn an affiliate commission. We aim to deliver bite-sized pieces of infotainment about where you live. Diversity in Andover is very low and the majority of residents are white. This is our time ranking the worst neighborhoods to live in Wichita. Published: Sep. 2, 2021 at 4:07 PM PDT. Of the 24 Texas metro areas ranked by the FBI, Brownsville comes in dead last, with 240 incidents of violent crime per 100,000 people. The two cities have the highest murder rates in Texas, in fact, with Beaumont facing an 8.6 per 100,000 figure. It's hot as hell most of the year and everything is brown and scorched and then it's freezing and everything is dead from cold. One day it can be 80 degrees and the next 40 degrees. WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) A murder defendant charged in the 2020 fatal shooting of Edward Collins will remain behind bars after a judge denied his request for another bond reduction. You can also walk to Old Town or you can take the Q line which is a free bus service that the city of Wichita offers. The Country Club Neighborhood. So the question arises, which Wichita neighborhoods are the worst, and which are the best? Crime rates on the map are weighted by the type and severity of the crime. Is Wichita Falls, TX Safe? Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. Please, 2023 Best Neighborhoods for Young Professionals. Forever Lost Wichita Falls (Lost or Altered Historic Sites) 1300 7th Street, Wichita Falls, TX 76307-7531. Read on to see how we determined the places around Wichita that need a pick-me-up. We ranked the neighborhoods from worst to best in the chart below. Current Resident: Riverside neighborhood is an excellent place to live. Within Texas, more than 95% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Wichita Falls. According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in Wichita Falls is 3,465.1 per 100,000 people. The weather here in Wichita is different everyday. There is more crime than I'd like in this area. When you turn 21 you can always go take some concealed carry classes and get yourself a carry license, if you're interested. I am going to live there again. June 6, 1936 - An F2 tornado moved across the northeastern edge of Wichita Falls, destroying one home and unroofing factories and warehouses. The Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints: 2021 Edition. This results in 2.6 police officers per 1,000 residents which is 13.6% less than the Texas average and 20.1% less than the National average. Local News. What the Bleep Is Going On With Texas Property Taxes? Its murder rate, as mentioned above, is 5.9 per 100,000. Read on below to learn more about these terrible places around Wichita to live. 2.64/5 1reviews Realistically, you can't expect all the neighborhoods to be amazing, although Crown Heights ranks way above the rest. Featured Review: Current Resident says Great Neighborhood ! Some parts 2023 Advameg, Inc. Crime rate in Wichita Falls, Texas (TX): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers, crime map. The D- grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average US city. Wichita Falls, similarly, places at #15, with robbery and aggravated assault making up almost 91% of the cases. Rent is affordable. Looking for places to avoid outside of the city? This place has a crime that is a shocker. Other US patent applications are currently pending. My parents still live there. If Raw crime incidents are sourced from all 18,000+ local law enforcement agencies municipal, county, transit, park, port, university, tribal and more, assigned to localities, then built into NeighborhoodScouts proprietary predictive models to provide a comprehensive crime risk profile for every neighborhood and address-vicinity in the U.S. More about NeighborhoodScouts crime data methodology, By sending this Report you agree to NeighborhoodScout's, Popular Communities Near Wichita Falls TX. Houston is the only one of the five most populous cities in the state to place high on the list, at #3. Riverside neighborhood is an excellent place to live. 10 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. The food in the USD 259 district definitely needs to improve because most students arent used to eating anything like they serve and it doesnt taste so satisfying to them. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Your overall risk of becoming a crime victim in Wichita Falls is 1 in 28. The most dangerous areas in Wichita Falls are in red, with moderately safe areas in yellow. Wichita Falls, similarly, places at #15, with robbery and aggravated assault making up almost 91% of the cases. Wichita Falls 73 Sponsored By. Breadcrumb. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.