You need to look on a different page, the page which is the list of your devices, and see which DTH is associated with the physical button you hold in your hand and which DTH is associated with the virtual device that you created. See the License Then I found the SmartThings button. Once you get a handle on using voice control, you may wonder if the remote is even worth it. So there you are. The virtual device uses the virtual DTH.. So far so good, and again, very popular. I remove them from the Alexa app and add them back through discovery however the majority of the time Alexa still cant connect. Without the skills enabled, some devices just don . If your smart device has an Alexa skill, make sure to enable it first. If you think there may be network issues with the devices communicating, then it can also be worth power cycling your Wi-Fi router. Alexa may also seem unresponsive if the new smart device isnt set up, turned off, incompatible, or connected to a different WiFi. JD: From your description, I dont understand which one Alexa has discovered. I hope you get feeling better soon! If the device Alexa is trying to connect to is a distance from your router, then it would have low Wi-Fi signal. Some users also stated that they were able to get the problem sorted out by just removing the SmartThings Skill from the Alexa application and then adding it again. Posted on Published: December 2, 2021- Last updated: November 26, 2022, 12 Reasons Why Alexa Doesnt Turn On + 12 Fixes (2023), 12 Reasons Why Alexa Doesnt Respond To Commands + 12 Fixes. So if what you want is to be able to click the SmartThings button once and change the volume to setting 5 you can do that. Newbie here. * I was curious if it would pair with my Echo Show 8 that I am now using. Hence, before jumping to any conclusions, check that the button is turned on. But this is just an extra pair. How to change or update WiFi network on Alexa app. ESPECIALLY SINCE THAT BUTTON WILL HAVE TO WORK WITH THE SwitchBot Hub TO TURN ON THE COFFEE MACHINE. While youre at it, check if theres accumulated dirt on the speaker power port. The problem with performing a factory reset is that the devices memory will be erased. To resolve the issue, update your Alexa device firmware. * Available technology, functions and features may vary by country, service provider, network environment or product, and are subject to change without notice. SO MY WIFE CAN RAISE OR LOWER VOLUME WITHOUT TALKING TO ALEXA WHILE ON THE PHONE. Alexa Isn't Controlling Smart Home Devices; Connect Smart Home Devices to Alexa; Connect Zigbee Smart Home Devices to Alexa Using Your Echo with a Smart Home Hub; Create Smart Home Groups for Alexa; Use Your Echo Device as a Bridge for Ring Smart Lighting; Remove Smart Home Devices from Alexa; Set Plugs or Switches as Lights in the Alexa App , I tried one last time w/ the SmartThings button. When you turn the virtual switch off, the virtual contact sensor will look like it closed. I bet its still under warranty (which is longer than you might think) so contact the company that made it. To update them, go to the Google Play or App Store, search for the installed apps to see if an update is available. At this point, the best bet is to resort back to some of the older tried and true techniques. You might think that Alexa is not talking back to you. 9. I recommend you check the user manual of the device to find out how to perform a factory reset. To help you out, heres a quick guide on Alexas LED indicator: Learn more: Why is my Alexa not talking back? Thats a different device. In thinking about my problem, maybe its related to having two Device Handlers? meross Smart Table Lamp, Bedside Lamp, Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Siri, Amazon Alexa and SmartThings, Tunable White and Multi-Color, Touch Control, Voice and App Control LB3 Smart Lamp, LED Bedside Touch Lamps Compatible with Alexa and Google Home, App Go_sund Control, RGB Color Changing Dimmable & Warm White Night Light for Bedroom, USB . One of my echo devices always tells me that the device is not responding whe I ask it to be turned on/off. Otherwise, the issue will be out of your hands, and you will not be able to get any response from the device. Now go to the App Store or Google Play, find and install the latest version of the app. Not one damned thing. I can control all of my Hue that are linked to the echo and not through smartthings. 12 steps to troubleshoot your connected devices, Its a total pain when you ask Alexa to turn on or off a device, and she tells you the connected device is not responding!. This technology is amazing when it works but mostly its a huge annoyance. Yes, Ive changed the wake word, and I use that. When you use the regular standard stock DTH for the smartthings button which will get automatically applied when you add the device via the SmartThings mobile app, you can then use that button in ST automations. You may be able to tap it on your phone to turn it on and off, but that just means that there is an app somewhere that recognizes it and will note that its state has changed. Alexa And SmartThings Integration (Voice Control SmartThings!) Its moot now. And thats why you sometimes experience slow internet speed, usually on the 3rd or 4th week of the month. Below are the steps Ive taken to troubleshoot the problem which will hopefully help you to get your connected smart home devices back up and running. Onlyits not the SmartThings button. I Got The 3 49 Smart Plug On Prime Day Here S How It Went The problem is between my ears. Since it works with WiFi, your smart devices should stay on all the time. Is Bluetooth Better Than 2.4 GHz? Someone in your household may have changed the name of or the password to the Wi-Fi network, in which case youll need to reconnect your phone along with all smart home devices. problem sorted out by just removing the SmartThings, 6 Ways To Troubleshoot Eufy Smart Lock Keeps Going Offline, 8 Reasons Why Meross Smart Plug Wont Connect To Wi-Fi. At SmartHomePerfected we pride ourselves on providing trustworthy, unbiased information. Alexa devices cant detect devices that are connected to a different WiFi network. If you live with other people, its quite possible that a family member unplugged the device by accident. Dont waste your money, My Merkury bulb (Geeni App) worked fine for a few months. You can do that by soft resetting your Alexa device. If theres none, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Continuing on, the next roadblock is trying to find a DTH for the ST button hardware. Alexa | SmartThings * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except (SEE DEVICES JPEG ABOVE). Most users mentioned that this issue was related to the SmartThings side while the Alexa application was working just fine. No change. So, only do this as your last resort. Im open to any suggestions you may have. Making it easy to assume that your Alexa device is unresponsive. How to Fix an Unresponsive Alexa Device in Minutes - LinkedIn (SCANNED QR CODE, CHOSE HUB AND KITCHEN AS GROUP) But, today, Alexa stopped responding to that!. Select the device that you're having trouble with. From there youll need to re-add the device from the manufacturer's app. If the problem remains unresolved after changing the WiFi network, it must be because the setup process is not complete yet. If Alexa cant still detect your new smart device, it must be because its connected to a different WiFi network. Are your smart devices already set up and switched on? You should be able to find one on eBay for $15. JD: you say it found the physical button, but as far as I know, thats impossible. Note: Upgrading your internet plan increases your internet bandwidth as well. I'm sure the ring video doorbell in the alert, smartthings can send you can turn on the same connected on ios and you can. And that power adapter and speaker power port are in tip-top condition. You can only create Alexa routines through the Amazon Alexa app. And when you turn the virtual switch on, the virtual contact sensor from the same DTH Will look like it opened. Both of my Sengled smart bulbs became unresponsive at the same time. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Sometimes it can be the manufacturers app that has an issue. I DELETED THE ST BUTTON, THEN RE-ADDED. Make sure to restart the device before re-enabling the skill after disabling it, to flush all cached settings. Alexa works with thousands of smart devices. If you're still . If you find your device in Alexas Skills, then try Disabling and Re-enabling the Skill. A lot of apps rely on cloud services which can go down from time to time. Check to see if you are able to communicate with the device using Alexa. With my ST Button approach, it was gonna be: The process is quite simple and has a high probability of fixing the given error. Reset to factory Next, there is no harm in power cycling the SmartThings unit as youll be able to address the minor connectivity bugs as well as the programming errors that way. I succeeded in having the button show up in Alexa, but it wouldnt function. same issue with Phillips bulb, worked fine for almost 1 year then became unresponsivemight just switch to all smart plugs. Make sure that you enter the correct WiFi password. These devices can be anything in your house, including: Check out: Is Bluetooth Better Than 2.4 GHz? Cleaned & air blasted unit Youll find plenty of other things to use the button for. Then we can figure out what steps you need to take, because I think you have mashed together a couple of different solutions for different use cases. If any of these mentioned parts are damaged, your Alexa device wont work. But it doesnt respond. But Alexa will never see that button. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Amazon Alexa Voice Remote Control for Echo and Echo Dot at the best online prices at eBay! You press the button, Smartlighting automation turns on the zebra switch which then makes the zebra contact sensor open, Alexa recognizes that it opened and runs the routine that plays the dog barking audio. In fact, this thread reminded me that I have one stuck magnetically to the side of our refrigerator. bjpierron/SmartThings-Alexa/blob/master/devicetypes/bjpierron/simulated-alexa-switch.src/simulated-alexa-switch.groovy, bjpierron/SmartThings-Alexa/blob/master/devicetypes/bjpierron/simulated-alexa-button.src/simulated-alexa-button.groovy. Any ideas? Its not considered an actionable device. Click here to manage the Alexa skills and devices. Send a couple hours trying to pair them and reset everything from my router to my apps. I read Alexa needs both a virtual switch and virtual sensor to work with the ST Button. From there, you can go about fixing the device pretty easily. When you create a virtual device, you have to manually assign a device type handler to it because theres no actual discovery process at that point. 16 easy ways to fix unresponsive Alexa devices. 9 Ways To Fix SmartThings Isn't Responding With Alexa . github.com When you do that, your WiFI will disconnect from every device. When added through the alexa app, it's detected and appears, but tapping on the device ("Heat" in the app) it says the "Server is unresponsive". Under Devices, click "Echo and Alexa.". Alexa reports of the button: The device is unresponsive. (but I may be wrong) Alexa routines can only be triggered by time of day, voice command, or some kind of sensors. The porch light had been in use for three or four months, the bedroom light for about a month. When I turn the device health off I then can control the devices that were unavailable, however they are still unavailable through alexa. I thought it would be a nice novelty to be able to control them with my Alexa, but this is way too frustrating. You must first open the Alexa application. For this youll need to check your Wi-Fi router settings and look for features like AP Isolation, Client Isolation, UNPN. Once all of the devices boot back up, try the voice command again to see if Alexa can successfully communicate. Should Smart Devices Be on a Separate Network? You can check whether your smart hub is Alexa-registered by visiting Amazons Smart Home page. . Once youve reached this limit, your ISP will throttle your internet. You dont have to do anything more with any device handlers for it. You dont always have to upgrade your internet plan. Your internet service provider (ISP) sets a monthly data limit to your plan. * Many things cause your WiFi connection to become unstable, including: Fortunately, fixing an unstable internet connection is easy. If it is, remove Alexa from your Linked Services in the SmartThings app's settings before re-adding. So, be sure to ask the assistant to learn your voice. And thats ok. (If Alexa does see the physical button its because you messed up and gave it the wrong DTH instead of creating a separate virtual device. You just cant hear it. I ONLY UNPACKED THE FIRST ST BUTTON. Lets take a look at the best ways to fix an unresponsive Alexa device. I just ordered the remote. Ive checked to see if the manufacturers app is fully up to date and if not, updated it. I set up a ST Virtual Device, so that that Alexa will recognize button events. This is especially true if youre keeping track of the inferences from other units and the clarity of the voice commands. In these cases, recent firmware update to the router activated a tighter security protocol. gosund device is unresponsive - look.perfil.com Alexa will be able to discover it and we can create a routine triggered by it opening or closing. Youve just successfully power cycled your device! 4. Or your Wi-Fi network might be operational, however your ISP (internet service provider e.g. Selecting specific alexa can now talk to enable doorbell can turn on ios or camera. Click Forget All to disable . Never undertake a task you are not competent in performing and if in any doubt, we recommend you utilize the services of an insured professional. All that youre trying to do here is make sure that the room is not cluttered with extra wireless units and that your commands are clearly registered in the system. Very frustrating. TRIED TO SET IT UP. bjpierron/SmartThings-Alexa/blob/master/devicetypes/bjpierron/simulated-alexa-switch.src/simulated-alexa-switch.groovy If thats the case, then Alexa wont be able to control the room lights. Normally, Alexa devices update themselves during off-hours. Why is Alexa not responding after I renamed my device? If someone turns the light switch off, no power is getting to the bulb. Open the SmartThings app. But then can fail to do so if there are system errors. Alexa can only control smart devices that are switched on. Then, select Network Settings or similar. Then we can figure out what steps you need to take, because I think you have mashed together a couple of different solutions for different use cases.. It will adjust to the basic pitch and the frequency of the system. Verify the manufacturers app still works. Its only sending messages in to the hub, its not getting instructions back. Check your app store if theres an available update for your Amazon Alexa app. In some cases, Alexa devices cant receive stable WiFi due to connection interference. Which it is. Your two use cases are very different, so lets just start with the first one, changing the volume on echo. WiFi routers and most smart devices have a 2.4 GHz frequency band. However, if your plug is unresponsive, there are two ways that you can use to update the firmware on these plugs.