Mr. Fox, would you like to nominate? [Fox and Miranda come off the elevator at Wayne Enterprises, heading for a board meeting]. @BenAffleck is going to do a great job as Batman. Courts will be convened. Unfortunately, all of the effort behind the Dent Act soon fell apart with the resurgence of the League of Shadows, with it's new leader, Bane, stealing a speech from James Gordon, which he read outside of Blackgate Prison. Batman Bane : Do you feel in charge? Where are you taking us? This is essentially a logical argument. Answer him! In this next article, we break down The Dark Knight Risesscript by looking at characters, plot, and dialogue. All superheroes are black sheep. Blackgate's Tweets. Blood will be shed. Oh, you think darkness is your ally. Vengeance against the man who killed him is simply a reward for my patience. The game begins as theplayer characterdrives his car through the night, on a forest road. Je vais vous la dire, moi, la vrit sur Harvey Dent ; avec. Your punishment must be more severe. This scene is really where we see Banes plan come to fruition. I honor my father by finishing his work. Yes. He saved my boy, then took the blame for Harvey's appalling crimes so I could, to my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol. Thats epic stuff, as grounded in serious social commentary as the literature of, Every Hero Has a Journey. : Bane Were here to help. CIA Agent Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning, 2023 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. : _Chief Kaine . Miranda Tate Sometimes it seems as if Bane was ripped out of a Shakespeare play and cast out into the world of Gotham city. And do you accept this man's resignation? Your money and infrastructure have been important 'til now! For you. This scene below contains the entire sewer fight scene between Batman and Bane. As he is explaining the governments lies to them, he pulls out a photo of Harvey Dent. : : : But theres worse for Trump, for the masked menace is eventually revealed as nothing more than a lovelorn lackey of the real baddie, Marion Cotillards Talia al Ghul (the daughter of Batmans defeated rival in 2005s Batman Begins). The rich! People know that he has already defeated the Batman and understand that physically he has no equal. Gotham will survive! John Daggett Bane My mother named me Talia before she was killed, the way I would've been killed if not for my protector: Bane. The rich! And at the first sign of interference from the outside world, or for those people attempting to flee, this anonymous Gothamite - this unsung hero - will trigger the bomb. : Bane is said to have been born and imprisoned in The Pit, the worst prison on Earth, located within a Middle Eastern country.At some point, he took an interest in the wellbeing for the daughter of Ra's al Ghul, and aided in her escape when several of the inmates raped and killed Talia's mother. Hooded Man #2 It soon becomes clear that many people suffered from extreme poverty within Gotham during the crisis. a quite audaciously capitalist vision, radically conservative, radically vigilante, that advances a serious, stirring proposal that the wish-fulfilment of the wealthy is to be championed if they say they want to do good. Synced up the audio, seems so natural. Bane Coincidence or fate Meyers referenced Bane? I'm on your schedule, captain. [to Batman] [to three prisoners] Bane wont rest until his enemies feel the same pain he felt as a prisoner in what he calls the worst hell on Earth.. And we give it to you, the people., Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) January 20, 2017. A thousand violent criminals were safely behind bars in the massive prison. : It will probably be boring but you'll get sneak peaks at new artwork and story as they are added. He's always been a curious idol: within aspiration because he's flesh and blood; beyond it because he's the lucky recipient of inherited wealth. Welcome to the Blackgate Wiki. : | : So by telling them the truth, he further infuriates them and rallies them further into frenzy. Discover, share and add your knowledge! Gotham is yours. But just because they both embrace the darkness doesnt mean Bane and Batman fight for the same goal Bane fights for chaos while Batman fights for stability. : Heres a part of what Trump told the Washington D.C. crowd: Todays ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people., And what Bane said on the steps of GothamsBlackgate Prison: We take Gotham from the corrupt! For one of you holds the detonator! : Blackgate Prison, where a thousand men have languished under the name of this man. Why are you here? : : The line many recognised from the presidents 2017 inaugural speech is this one: Todays ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, DC, and giving it back to you, the people., The earlier Bane speech, delivered on the steps of Gothams Blackgate Prison was: We take Gotham from the corrupt! Actually, Bane possesses both of these characteristics. None shall interfere. : Bruce Wayne Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Bane Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce? [to Gordon] : Bane I broke you. This town has not promoted enough tourism. Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel? John Blake: Commissioner, we need to keep you moving until we can get you in front of a camera. They provide a pathetic argument; they show how much Bane actually cares about liberating the oppressed (criminals and lower class) from the corruption of Gotham. According to Banes, no one in the prison deserves to be there because their incarceration is due to government corruption. He then displays to them that this was done in order to keep their hero pure, so that they could put away half of the cities criminals under the constitutionally questionable Dent Act. Then why are you people here? [Bane wrecks the CIA plane and grabs Dr Pavel]. I am. . : Not only does he hide his master plan from the master detective Batman, he also is able to outwit the CIA. What is an Allusion? : Well, congratulations! Link for the Patreon is here: https://www.patreon.com/blackgategame "After hours of driving, getting arrested, and finding out you're no longer where you belong does take a lot out of you." Advertisement Plot Bane The Dark Knight Rises is a 2012 American superhero action film. I didnt see the light until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding! I suppose you'll just have to. It can be inferred from dialogue, that this depression rivaled that of the Great Depression. After verbally shredding Dent, Bane then visually shreds him by ripping a picture of the former district attorney. He was potent in both strategy and physical combat. The police will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. The Dark Knight Rises is a 2012 American superhero action film. And in that moment, I hope you have a friend like I did! Having something this negative associated with Dent makes Banes point much stronger. Return to your homes, hold your families close, and wait. [Sewer thugs have captured Jim Gordon, who is barely conscious] So show me his body. The quote is just the beginning of the chaos though read the entire scene below. Were going to rank the best Bane quotes in The Dark Knight Rises by diving into the mind of the masked mercenary. No. [lays a hand on Daggett's other shoulder, palm up] Both men were disciples of Ras al-Ghul and trained with the League of Shadows. As a side-by-side comparison by Deadspins Timothy Burke points out, part of the new Presidents populist message was similar to what Bane told the people of Gotham after taking control of their city. Lets be honest, it wasnt easy to hear what he was saying underneath the mask which is a shame because his dialogue was really good. More and more people are flocking to the small screen to find daily entertainment. Answer him! As the screens shut off, Bane comes in and walks over to one trader]. [hits detonator and bombs go off across Gotham]. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. : Crashing this plane with no survivors! | We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Theres even a version of the Avengers in Marvel comics that was put together by George W Bush. The inmates, once seen as enemies of society, suddenly become the oppressed, wrongly held for eight years under the name of a monster. Fear may not be the most desirable form of respect, but never the less it rises his ethos. The same is true for his mental stature. I'm Gotham's reckoning. Banes primary purpose in this speech is to destroy the reputation of Harvey Dent as a hero. Blackgate, before this speech, was a symbol of Gothams great strides against the mob and crime in general. The final half of Banes speech focuses on enticing the people of Gotham to liberate those who were put in prison by the corrupt. Thus: No, he's alone. Upon activating the app a strange message begins to play. Not long after giving this speech, Bane is hatching a plan to destroy Gotham and all its people in a League of Shadows-inspired massacre. He's dead. So it makes sense that he turned into a sadistic sort of psychopath. [to Gordon, at Blake's apartment] Bane Blackgate, before this speech, was a symbol of Gotham's great strides against the mob and crime in general.