r/totalwar. You are completely right about this. You can unsubscribe at any time. No adverts like this in the forums anymore. Re-rolls are applied before modifiers (if any). Smell it. Finecast is so good, I really dont understand recast buyers ! Spikey Bits is a site about the hobby of tabletop wargaming. A dice can never be re-rolled more than once. This was my first purchase from this site, and I can say will not be my last. Their prices are so small that nobody in the world could copy their figurines. Midlands, UK Closes: May 7, 2023 Vendeur temps partiel (H/F) : Paris Chtelet, France. Ive loved games workshops products for over 20 years now but im finding it harder and harder to justify spending so much on their productsespecially after they tried so hard to stop us here in australia finding cheaper prices overseas, ill continue to support gw by buying genuine products but im not going to pay the crazy prices they want is to pay here. Pick your force, develop your army, field mighty heroes and fight for victory using superior strategy, awesome abilities, and devastating weaponry. I dont want to be pointing finger, but we cannot choose to ignore part of IP basic principles, and focus on some others. Copies from recasters, most of the time from China, are at first glance an option to acquire otherwise expensive miniatures at affordable prices. I completely agree with your statement. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/eu-study-finds-piracy-doesnt-hurt-game-sales-may-actually-help/. Many RPG fans turn a blind eye to PDFs from defunct publishers, but studiously pay for legitimate PDFs from current publishers seeing the former as preserving the history of the hobby. As in Id pay the IP holder for this if a legit copy was available, but since the company is gone/author is dead/etc. Yes, this is a business for me, my only job since 25 years, the way I have to pay my bills and keep doing what I love. Save Money On All These Alternative Miniatures. When GW sells the same models in Australia for 60-90% more than the US for no good reason it is hard to feel sorry for them. Its even happened with the newer hobbit resin models that are supposedly of better quality (its nowhere near forgeworld quality). The current situation especially benefits those people who kept their stuff in boxes rather than paint/assemble/game with them, essentially those who buy the product but dont take part in the hobby. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly. Well look no further today Jay shows you his favorite 40k adjacent models from around the web! It is not a matter of victimization or educating anyone, but it is about making all our followers understand that the illicit practices of the recasters are causing us to be little by little in danger of extinction if we continue to feed them. They tried to go public to get quick capitol and ended up eating it. Their miniatures are good-quality. Now im buying tons of big recasted models. Now lets say in this situation I have a friend who plays WH and hes a recaster, and he can get me that same army for $50. (and yes I know, I'm a pleb for useing a recast site but I'm poor so leave me be), Scan this QR code to download the app now, https://legionforge.com/the-horus-heresy.html. This scourge of the hobby is a worldwide problem. Declare targets of the charge (must be within 12"). 3d printed models: Depending on the printer and material, those strata lines can be cleaned up - and smoothed over. Thank you for looking. Blaming the pirates did not work for the music or film industries, it will not work here either. I wouldnt take a recast even if someone gives it to me for free. OUR EXISTENCE IS IN DANGER! The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Copyright 2009-2023. My FLGS is not GW. Necron Canoptek Tomb Sentinel $ 45.30 Blood Angels MKVI Heads $ 8.00 Death Guard MKVI Heads $ 8.00 Night Lords MKVI Shoulder Pads $ 8.80 World eaters MkVI heads $ 8.00 Death Guard - Legion Praetor $ 17.20 Ultramarines Veteran Helmets $ 8.00 Word Bearers MKVI Shoulder Pads $ 8.80 Ive never bought a re-cast and never will. "I used to write these guides on how . When building hydra, component order is warhammer first for cdr/ad, or tiamat first for waveclear or if ahead and want to roam, vamp scepter in hard lanes for lifesteal, would not recommend building first. We are talking about recasts: illegal copies of miniatures. Place your opponent's suspected recast models under high heat for a couple minutes and see what happens. Well-versed in the art of war female warrior. We have new vide. western companies sell out their own customers and citizens with foreign labor then cry about IP, its a joke. Ah yes, Im so sorry messer, I apologize that the serfs are becoming so uppity as to assume that they might be able to afford some enjoyment in their pitiful lives. Subscribe. After realizing that I messed up, I went back and tried to change some things up. If your opponent is upset about the time spent painting, you got him. Manufacturer SCALE 75 minis, have put their foot down and advocated an anti-piracy message into the hobby world. Warhammer Sales Assistant (part time 24hrs): Warhammer World, Nottingham UK. GW can produce, package, sculpt, advertise etc a box of Cadian Shock Troops for 20. Soon they will be 3D scanning and 3D printing and mass producing making more profit. Last update was at 2017/08/22 23:31:49, This message was edited 1 time. Its nice to see such mature topics being treated with depth. But theyre not paying hundreds of thousands of pounds for a plastic mould. Forge world is horribly over priced and shit quality. What would you do about it if you found out that the army was made of recast models? As a former game store employee I will say this: the amount of players that get discouraged from even trying to enter the hobby because of GWs prices makes me sad (it is a lot). What companies are u using for recasts? Otherwise leave that unchecked. You say illegal a lot. The vast, vast majority of the models I buy are genuine GW products, but there gets a point where Im not going to spend 30 for each and every additional model in an army, which become often unusable in game as rules get re-released with almost each passing year. I would say though that what you talk about is a different topic to what we are discussing in this post. They should suffer! Finally, are you sure you arent a recaster? How can anyone claim the second company is not greedy, and yes the second company gets targeted by pirates and the first doesnt. GW going out of business would be the best thing in the world for the hobby. Sorry, I do not. After what number model those artists are paid ? Did you complain about the Starbucks/Amazons/other tax dodgers? How do you spot a recast on the table top? Free To Play Warhammer Combat Cards Jun 3, 2021 Just out of curiosity, what about recasts of long out of print miniatures, or miniatures from defunct companies? Another army made unplayable. I know I've been sold knock offs two times. I/ve got some Dropfleet Commander kitbashes now. You give that profit to someone that doesnt pay tax in this country. You are absolutely right and I agree with you (but I like, and buying, many expensive figures). Many crewmens myths tell of venerable war engines, otherwise wrecked, unleashing a final miraculous act of vengeance. RELENTLESS 1CP/2CP Ill never buy legitimate versions now with the re casts being so good from where I get them from. Welcome to CDR s Yard eBay Store. CDR. Thats despicable. There are sticky areas and others that are shiny showing where the resin has not properly cured because of a bad preparation mixture. There was something about those little-colored blocks that started it all Twitter @catdaddymbg, Get ad-free access to our hobby videos, a monthly crate of miniatures, and support some of the best creators out there for as little as, If you buy something from a link on our site, we may earn a commision. why is it that if I spend 70 on a primarch from forgeworld, I have to send at least 3 or 4 of those parts back to be exchanged because of mould slips or just general terrible casting and I will likely have to return one of the replacements they send me too. Believe it or not, this industry grows out of passion and love, the same we pour on every project on our workbench. Lies offer no shield against it. There is online payment and worldwide shipping. If I had to choose between paying my electricity bill or having a dread saurian , its crystal clear. Famous search engines of Chinese products show easily references of companies like Andrea Miniatures, Nocturna Models, Young Miniatures, Knight Models, and many others. If you say because of the recent boom of recasting being available you would expect GW to be affected in some way? Most sources of CDR are multiplicative, except Swiftness, magic stream and judgment. These New 10th Edition Warhammer 40k Rules Look Strong: Ep. Cant have it both ways, either strict on piracy or not. Ill just download the PDF for free. Last update was at 2017/08/23 02:35:20, This message was edited 1 time. BEST LAW ENFORCEMENT CLOTHING IN TOWN. It's hard for me to take issue with recasters. Colour and appearance of metal varies in genuine figures. I have a motto I live by it.regarding others if you lie,you can cheat,cheat you can steal, steal you can.lets just say theres many cases of some folks needing something bad ,dont have the money and try and steal for itthings escalate and then murder becomes involved. Core/possible items on riven: Hydra Goredrinker (only mythic for bruiser, dusk/eclipse/prowler are situationally possible for assassin riven) She has seen and killed so many enemies, that The War has turned into The Game for her. Whats the actual law being broken when purchasing a recast? Im having to search now forgeworld has stop so many horus heresy models. I dont buy recasts, and I dont buy from companies that charge more than I think is reasonable. Lets say I want a cheap 1k starting army, but Im a college kid who cant justify the outrageous cost ($250 minimum, plus the hobby equipment and paint for at least $300 min). Can never be used to attack units within the firing units Engagement Range. Bosch DVR4C Series Digital Video Recorder 80gb. Synth Wizards Episode 10: Don't F**k With Cats Synth Wizards Episode 9: Holy Grail: The Yamaha CS-80 Episode 8: The Elusive DX1 Episode 7: Syntars, Keytars, & Orphicas Episode 6: Jupiter under Pressure Episode 5: 30 Years to NAMM Episode 4: Desert Island SQ-80 Episode 3: Hot Rod Odyssey Episode 2: Juno We Could Make It Do That? They tried to grow way too fast and their main game had waaay to many units and thus huge costs to cover it. Recast popularity reflects that or they would not keep popping up. Ive never bought from a recaster, but I know many who do. Seriously, those copies are better quality than originals looking only on those pictures. We arent saying you shouldnt buy alternate versions of models that you can use in your tabletop games. Kill Team 2020 Painting Challenge #killteam2020: The End, Checkpoint Kill Team 2020 Painting Challenge #killteam2020, The Last Stand of the Crimson Fists the creation logbook, New 40k Kill Team 2020 Painting Challenge begins #killteam2020, Warcrow 2019, IV edition of the Infinity: The Game painting contest, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Games-Workshop-Warhammer-40k-Space-Marine-Commander/107298737?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1239&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=1019313&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113137378&wl11=online&wl12=107298737&wl13=&veh=sem, The Campaigner Blog Archive This past week on the tabletop, https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/eu-study-finds-piracy-doesnt-hurt-game-sales-may-actually-help/, The King Sculpted by Piqui, Tiny Leads, 50 Articles and Tutorials to Do not Miss from 2016. NetzlofDesign Structure Decals. Not me. Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is a fast-paced turn-based strategy game set in the grimdark universe of the 41st Millennium. Last update was at 2017/08/23 00:14:14, This message was edited 1 time. Obviously, as you will see now, the original copy hasvery good quality in every detail. You have entered an incorrect email address! There are few 100% reliable ways to identify a recast, you can only do it on balance of evidence, like an eBay seller shifting dozens of the same unusual casting, and general things that seem suspect. Recasting isnt a side effect of greedy companies, I have known some companies unable to meet rent and worse still some have gone out of business. I havent bought any GW recasts yet but I support it because if it eventually hurts GW enough that they reevaluate their business practices and lower their prices, that will bring more people into the hobby and overall gaming will be better. Use this Stratagem when an ASTRA MILITARUM unit from your army completes the Set Overwatch action. At a glance, recasts appear quite similar, but when looked at closely, important flaws become evident. The quality is fantastic and worth the wait. King Brodd $210. If you are honestly trying to peddle such nonsense as recast being better than originals you are either seriously deluded or an outright liar! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. New 40k, AoS, & More: GWs Release Preview LATEST, Orks & Christmas Bundle White Dwarf November 2018, GW Confirms Old World Coming Soon With a New Square Base Size. Wargaming online store offering 20% discount on tabletop games, miniatures, terrain, scenery and paints. As you see, this is nightmarish no matter how you look at it. If we demand fairer prices and go outside their control, it is because they are not catering to the majority of their customers. Each time an attack is made with this weapon, that attack automatically hits the target. In addition to this, the flat parts are not flat by any (ANY) means. However, it is unknown if sellers have been similarly notified or if there is just a lull in listings. Who does GW employ? One other thing, while r/yoyhammer gives out advice- be very careful with your questions. even once all my returns have been replaced by forgeworld the model is still of a lower quality than the recast. Big mistake to highlight just one country for recasting. Wage war on the battlefield with Goblin Gaming now! sterreich - Deutsch. Anyone wanting 5.11 items embroidered, please contact us at orders@cdcrclothing.com . The main attraction of 40k is the miniatures, but there are also many video games, board games, books, ect. We see three key points to avoid these false copies: And if after reading this article you want to do something positive about this, its quite easy actually. Totally agree with you, its morons like them who are putting a nail in the coffin of our hobby, I bought a recast by mistake off eBay, I thought I was buying a genuine Pegaso figure, when it arrived I knew instantly of the mistake Id made, everything that is bad in a casting was plain to see, the main thing being it should have been cast in white metal and was instead a poor resin cast instead, thankfully eBay took action and swiftly booted this pirate off. . I wonder If anybody writing that ever have ever hold Forge World model. Raging-on-the-Inside Blood Angel Sergeant. The first company produces models that are far better sculpts and casts than the second. 113 comments. 2.8k. Engaging with Warhammer can be very educational, and . I have also had some which are close if not flawless. In this role, you will be monitoring websites and sales platforms to identify infringements and counterfeit products and then you will follow a structured process for removing those products, reducing counterfeit products available across all sales platforms and websites. There are MANY legitimate streaming options that are legal and same for MP3s. New JOYTOY Black Templars Sword Brethren Action Figures Hit Pre-Order! Of course, cheaper things are always more attractive, but it comes back to the principle of supporting your local business. then those models end up being resold to people on ebay and those are usally ones you see in bulk packages on ebay with out the boxes and sheets. At CMR Products there is Trains! Without remorse, there was a supplier that recasted the catalog of Games Workshop and Forgeworld reselling it at a ridiculous price. These artists work hard. Continue browsing in r/totalwar. Ought I go back to whipping them, or should they be permitted to return to working in the fields? Its about supporting companies that support your interests by creating models and figures you enjoy. if you have any amount of your purple bar, you can shoot and drain the bar. Try again. Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Spikey Bits is a registered trademark of Purple Elephants. For the sake of this report, we have acquired a couple of Chinese illegal recasts as well as their respective originals, and we are going toshow you in detail why there is no point at all in buying these pieces of bad plastic. And its not Hollywood that is getting killed. Prices go up. Patrouille : Ligues de Votann 125 . The resin *can* be toxic, but buying from larger recasters is safe. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars creating their cast presses for the units. But what about the giant press they had to design and manufacture. Just as with Lietpold, the amount of resin and burrs it has is endless, making it especially difficult to find out what belongs to the model and what is left over. Warhammer 40k is a franchise created by Games Workshop, detailing the far future and the grim darkness it holds. Synth Wizards Episode 11: String Machine Madness! We pay so that the company we like so much is able to surpriseus again in the future with yet another piece to continue enjoying our hobby. And we wouldnt want you to go through that. Just saying individuals like that who do that have no moral compass. Assume all my mathhammer comes from here: We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't. Rackham died because they didnt know how to run a business. About 8,000 points of Black Legion Gallery. The cost of your model is not only resin, but a sum of the voice, buy from a recaster and you are a thief like the recaster itself. Greg Smith, omg, really ? All names, trademarks, and images are copyrighted by their respective owners. Judge yourselves. Gift List. So I've been looking at a recast website linked here: https://legionforge.com/the-horus-heresy.html . Recasters are selling multitudes of more models than the actual creator. Ajouter au panier. I have no problem doing a massive company like GW out of 40 quid. DVD prices havent gone down. Quality and durability is a real issue with their resin, Ive had several LoTR finecast models break on me while gaming far too easily, usually on fine detail or blades thats near impossible to effectively fix. Mainly because it is ILLEGAL. What do you think of the latest Warhammer recaster to get shut down by Games Workshop ? I have about 400 original models and tons of scenery stuff etc so ive spent a fortune. Its come to a point that, as I said before, this damage can only be prevented by us, the consumers. And a very recent case of IP theft in Spain as you mention has brought this into the spotlight, but we havent found the time yet to properly talk about this very important matter. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Clade Vanus Infocyte Assassin $ 18.90 New! Sacrifices must be made on the field of war, and ruthless officers willingly give the order to unleash firestorms even at the risk of their own troops lives. It leaked that it costs Games Workshop about $5-$7 per a box of Marine Tac squad. One must ask whats in the customers best interest? In the case of this piece, originally from Forgeworld, I had a small problem with the recasters. Is it okay to create my own miniatures if they are not a product that Games Workshop creates or has any copyrights on? Nice article, only preaching to converted. Please add us to your favorite seller list. We havent got a global Netflix style service with all movies available. The Crimson Court $40. I now rely on trade forums to find slightly reasonably priced models. Note that if you make a custom unit set (using the unit_sets table), you can replicate the vanilla rank 7+ groups by checking "use unit EXP level range" and defining the inclusive range, say from 7-9 or 4-9 or whatever. But good way to name and shame yourself, although I doubt there is any shame there. Maybe it will work for them but I think they are pushing away many potential newcomers to the hobby which is the future. I love the crocodile tears about the indie companies. Well-versed in the art of war female warrior. Cdr works by not draining your bar completely when you use your active ability. Illegal sellers proliferate on second-hand portals, ebay, e-mail contacts and even mobile aplications for peer to peer trading. Recasting is a side effect of greedy companies or individuals that take hobby members for granted. save. China warhammer manufacturers - Select 2023 high quality warhammer products in best price from certified Chinese , suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com. Liste de cadeaux. Their pricing model hurts the growth of the hobby, it doesnt promote it. In truth, the only way you can spot some of them is to put them beside the real thing, often before they're assembled and painted. An Arkurian Stormhammer is equipped with: lascannon; 7 multi-lasers; Stormhammer cannon; twin battle cannon; adamantium tracks. Take these smaller companies making stunning models for half the price or even less, how is that possible? It glues together very easily with super glue, and the detail is as good as the pictures make it out to be. Thought for the day: Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. You stole the rights to that model. Some of the casts I have bought would struggle to be used as scenery they are that bad. I do not buy such copies for moral reasons, but I will not buy original figurines. The elitism of GW is a prime example; They go so far as not allowing official models in their store tourneys, even when a reasonable counts-as. You retard, that was already included in the measurement. Games Workshop wont disappear. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. share. They were producing beautiful miniatures (crazy complicated game) but they were cut the margins too thinly. GWs greed and extortionate prices. Squats went 20 years ago because no one was buying them. Box 2225Southern Pines, NC 28387United States of America. So recast companies will push this margin further and further. Try to pay a good concept designer, a good sculptor, a good painter for box art, than doing promotion, pay tax, location, bills and what else and dont forget you need to have profit for time and risk you took. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development.