See video at (insert link here). R107 (restored) enhanced and complemented with race parts from R512. Next update will be the evening of Thursday, March 9, 2023. In couple of last weeks I was asked few times a question about how I make my spikes. $2490 OBO. Sarns Runners Designed for DNs but at least one is in use on a Jet 14. No trailer. , I am fascinated by many things about ice sailing: the speed, the acceleration, the use of technology, and sports in nature with cold winter air. Montreal, Canada Or best offer Payment Checks or cash accepted. lgreening3@comcast.net, DN It will be my first to do after I come back home. 1465 lbs less runners & sails Built circa 1965. | FREE SHIPPING! Boat comes with 2 sails ,1 FO-1 and 1 Speed I did have a window installed by Melges, as the original sail did not come with a window. $3800 or make an offer. OBO contact Tom , $700.00 Kurt.Mihelich@m3fi.com, Renegade and DN gear- Photos: Sails Up Facebook Group In the meantime I redesigned mast hound to accomodate lead bar. Hull weight: 69.2 lb, total everything: 182.2 lb. Minnesota There is no trailer. 12 Hammock Road South Located in Cleveland. Click here for more information and photos. Midwest DN iceboaters include Bob Cave, Lou Lonnecke, Pat Heppert, Pete Johns, and Daniel Hearn. FOR US CONTINENTAL ORDERS OVER $99. New Ice Optimist Quantum Sail 2 sets of blades + chocks 262-581-5090, Class B Stern Steerer Port Huron, MI > Buy & Sell > Boats For Sale in Port Huron, MI > DN Ice Boat / Parts - $450 (MARINE CITY) DN Ice Boat / Parts - $450 (MARINE CITY) View larger image. Asking $2,200 Ullman ABSS sail with battens. We use cookies to help provide you with the best possible online experience. though used, it actually still has nice shape. 2023 Junior Ice Optimist World Champions Top 3 Ready to sail Welcome to our pricelist application. tandem trailer with crane & storage boxes. Comes with the original wood battens which are perfect as well. We also provide custom machining services for most of your light machining needs including but not limited to: Sailboats and Snowmobiles. themadges@tbaytel.net 2 sails ,good trailer. Cables and wood in good condition, the trailer needs some work but functional, the cover also needs to be mended. 3. 35 back bone plank with Struble chocks. Battens not included. I logged some wonderful miles of sailing. Missing one sail. Contact Us to Order. Wayzata, MNchristian.z.helland@gmail.com$2500 OBO, Complete A-Class rear-seat Skeeter. If anyone is looking to purchase 1D sails for the 2023 season send me a note and I will see what we can do to make that happen. Asking Iceboats and parts for sale on this page are listed by private individuals who are not affiliated with Composite Concepts.If you would like to list an ice boat or component on this page, please email to the webmaster and it will be posted. Original Sail (Needs to be replaced) Composite Concepts 35940 Carlisle StreetClinton Township, Michigan 48035Phone:586-790-5557Email: ron@iceboatracing.comDN World Champion Ron Sherrys company has both DN and Ice Opti parts available. C28 Anni Kubjas, Estonia, 2023 Junior DN World Champions Top 3 18 foot Aluminum Mast, 9 foot Aluminum Boom, Original Sail (In great shape) Complete boat ready to race. I am following global green trends. Paul 973 615 9010, I am interested in purchasing a set of DN Slush Runners. The flag is up for next Saturday's swap meets. We will try again in December or first ice in Michigan. (Two 4 eight) double-three 1, 65 twenty-seven. Kent CSI Carbon Fiber Mast w/hound bar and shrouds October 26, 2022: DN Parts in WI. )If you cannot enlarge the photos to see the tags, please call me in Muskegon, Michigan at 231 215 0764 for details. Missing one sail. IMG_4864.JPG Light enough to carry on a good roof rack Toggle menu. Gary Buyeske (920) 469-2330. We sailed one round of five class starts. $3500 The sail has zero issues, no stains, cuts, nothing. DN is the name of the boat because in 1937 the Detroit News sponsored a design contest to come up with a design for an affordable, home buildable iceboat to provide winter entertainment during the depression. Includes trailer with full box that will hold 1 sail and the boom and any necessary rigging equipment. Bill Hess 3 used: $20 and cushions. On trailer for delivery. -Ken Smith. Ready to hit the ice. 1. Mostly made with carbon fiber. Fast w/good spring-rates on spring-board and runner plank. Thanks everyone for your patience. One of the reasons that the DN Ice Boat Class has become so popular over the years has been largely in part to how transportable and fast they truly are. Center plank to front runner. Located Northern Michigan (Eastern UP) Part Sales. Original sail. 941 380 0666, 2-Seater Iceboat $10,000 Last sailed in 1985. Battens made from quarter-sawn white ash, tapered to your requirements. Pickup in Oconomowoc, WI Storage trailer included, no title, no plate, not street legal but could be. Located in Northern Indiana Chocks/runners shown are not included. Skeeter sail and chrome renegade runners. Color: Hot Canary Yellow And with just a 12-15 mile per hour steady wind, the DN ice boat can reach a readily attainable 55 65 miles per hour, providing a thrilling rush of purely unadulterated bone chilling wind powered ice sailing. Contact Lou Loenneke icbtljl294@gmail .com Parts: DN Iceboat. skipdieball at gmail dot com, Yankee B Skeeter 608-334-4994. One D Speed Sail Asking $10,000. Product Search. $5,000 Very competitive Platform LOA 170 inch New! Never outside except during sailing season, if then. If you believe that sailing with 40+ kts of speed requires more aerodynamics in DN design this proposal is for you. We sail on Lake Kegonsa, Lake Monona, and Lake Mendota. Ron Sherry Composite Concepts Carbon Rocket Mast The DN fleet is certainly the most numerous boat in the world. Carrying 60 sq ft/ 5.57 sq m of sail, it offers spirited performance and very competitive sailing. Please submit 2 photos only.To submit an ad, please email to debwhitehorse@iceboat.org.DISCLAIMER: When you post an ad on any website, you will be contacted by people looking to defraud you.Read Avoiding Fraud When Selling or Buying a Boat OnlineProtect yourself and learn how to avoid being scammed. Sold Archive page. Very nicely restored & rebuilt Sail in good shape, Mast/Boom, Tiller and Steering Kit, Plank and Skates Three (3) DN Plate Runners in good Condition Boats and items that have been confirmed as sold. Start Your Hard Water Journey Today, Join the World's Most Popular Iceboat Class. 2-Booms with Sails and battens The DN is the largest iceboat class globally, so named because it was the winner of an iceboat design contest sponsored by the Detroit News in Detroit, Michigan, in 1937. Includes cover and padded seat. Its exhilarating, he said. I think one SS shroud is a bit frayed. Contact JR Francis And theres an adrenaline rush, too.. Sail is in very good condition as well as all lines Contact Lee Greening: 313 884-9059 H 313 655-8922 C Want a company that can get your parts to you quickly instead of waiting weeks and months for them to arrive? Please help save this boat. 414-350-8453, A Skeeter Sail Wanted in WI 16 1/2 ft. modified Whizz Pocket Skeeter, all West System epoxy construction, pedal and wheel steering, 13 plank, North sail, West marine cables, DN runners, Sarns hardware, full covers, includes open trailer. 414-791-3056, North SailsRyan LashawayPhone number: 419-376-4680Email: ryan.lashaway@northsails.comWebsite: https://www.northsails.com/sailing/en/od/dn-iceboat, Performance Sailing Products4LIYC DNer Geoff Sobering has thrown his hat into the ring of the ice boat supply business. $3000 OBO, The one-design DN ice yacht is easy to transport, light, and relatively inexpensive. Kenyon Aluminum Boom DN Iceboat Parts and Equipment Class Description The International DN is the largest class of ice boats worldwide. Excellent condition. 827 Texas Ct. O'Fallon, MO 63366. I will bring the them to the World Championship. $1500 OBO. 35 mast Solid Wing Iceboat Boat is Race Ready and in beautiful condition, Inland Renegade sail- $600 Contact Bob Rast Time to get your first boat. Dan 732-673-7702, Sherry Carbon Whip mast. Southern WI Iceboat in Boats For Sale Posted City Price Antique DN Iceboat #175 - $1,900 For sale: Antique DN Iceboat. Mast, boom, sail, springboard. Sold as a group of three (3) for $3,500.00. Sorry, my free time is limited so no project boats and money is limited because my wife has to approve the purchase. Or email chel.c73@gmail.com, Vintage Skeeter Great beginner boat or a boat just for cruising. All items can be loaded to head west to Madison/GWC next week. Report Contact Poster by Email. Located in Fontana Wi. Complete with masts, rigging, runners, planks, steering. Custom runner sharpeners for DN, Nite, Renegade,and Skeeter iceboats. In Oconomowoc, WI area, Contact us today to place an order for the fastest DN iceboat sails available.Ullman Sails Detroit24422 Sorrentino CourtClinton Twp, MI 48035Phone: 586.792.7212Fax: 586.792.7279email: mboston@ullmansails.com, Windward BoatworksSuppliers of custom gear boxes for DN and Nite iceboats. Contact John Stanley Harken Blocks classic stored inside good condition -Aluminum mast Mast & boom are wood. 2 x 36 inserts (1/4, 90 degrees) 2 masts: One shown and McCormick race mast (from R512). - Order . This way, an individual can easily spot errors and initiate changes before [] or email tcp808@sbcglobal.net, Boom $150-11/16x11x78 n.mabboux@gmail.com, DN Sherry Clone 2004 Located in Camden, ME There was lots of sailing and tunig. $64.99 CAN. It all but eliminates mast inversions, is very clean aerodynamically and allows full articulation at the shroud attachment. Ready to sail. $790 OBO. Madison, WI If you want to build your own mainwing and flap Im selling complete rib kits for- $170.00. 432-433 DN (06-15) PN160808 R1 | Published: 7/15. The name stands for Detroit News, after a contest sponsored by that chain in 1937. All DN Sails are built and designed by Mike Boston. Located in Northern Michigan Go to DOWNLOAD menu at the top. Two vintage DN ice boats. I am sorry to report that the 2023 Central Regatta is still postponed. Mother Nature has decided to put a bunch on white stuff on our beautiful ice. Total: $0.00 CA. EAST - THOMPSON, CONNECTICUT New England Ice Yacht Club Swap Meet Saturday, October 24 10 AM Denville, NJ ***** some of the parts on the boat in this picture do not come with the boat. DN for sale in Grosse Pointe Park, MIHull probably built by Gougeon Brothers (per Ron Sherry)Aluminum Spar w/new halyardSpar CoverRunners just sharpened by Ron Sherry (never on ice)Complete boat ready to sailAsking $2,200, Contact Lee Greening: 313 884-9059 H 313 655-8922 Clgreening3@comcast.net, DN for sale in MinnesotaComposite Concepts/Sherry Clone 2004Complete boat ready to race.Includes:Sherry Rocket mast, blunt nose runners, Ulman ABSS sail, mooring cover, full trailering cover, etc.Minneapolis, MN$4,200Contact Rob at: revansm1@gmail.com. Stored inside every year in building shown. Madison, WI, Text Six zero 8 two one three 55 five seven, Nite built by S&R in 2015 . 2-Complete runner planks and hardware, refinished $400.00 SOLD! Contact Michelle at Located in New Jersey Ullman F-O1 sail with battens. Boat is like new. Madison, WI, SOLD! The DN is the largest iceboat class globally, so named because it was the winner of an iceboat design contest sponsored by the Detroit News in Detroit, Michigan, in 1937. Repainted like new. Excellent boat for light air. 2-Tillers refinished with all hardware DN hull numbers, boat names, country flag graphics, and custom graphics. As most of you know by now we have had a lot snow here in Michigan. 4. (807) 577-2109. Long cockpit and great for someone 180-200lbs. December 3, 2022: Stern-Steerer in MN, SOLD! 3. The hull is a beautiful mahogany color with blond trim accent and in excellent condition. Always kept inside, heated storage. Specifications & PlansRules of Ice SailingYearbookChampionship HistoryInternational Rank ListVideos. Loenneke built glass wrapped ash and cedar strip plank w/Struble chocks.Sherry Carbon Quil spar w/ Forstman boom, Harken blocks & tapered sheet.Package includes Sarns swept-back plate runners (w/ option to upgrade to Sherry 3/16 carbon inserts)Sail is your choice of North Speed or North Power.Boat and gear all in beautiful race ready condition, located in Lake Geneva.Price $6900 and is negotiable.Contact Lou Loenneke @262 903-6464, Selling Skeeter Ice Boat and Trailer.Very fast Skeeter Iceboat includes everything, trailer, sail, runners, and newer cover, etc. Sail number 275 Betty Marquis Inside Part Sales +1 (636) 812-3330. bsmarquis@avmats.com. There are a number of makes and models in use but if I may say so, this version is pretty sweet. 28. 35 mast Call text or email 2 Planks North New Jersey Choice of Rast or Sherry C2 carbon mast IMG_4861.JPG Wedges are used to tune runner planks position when mounted to the hull. Welcome to our pricelist application. 1. 419-392-4411 Located in Brick, NJ Needs a good home. These have been in storage for a while but are in good shape. I added a new cover a few years ago made of Sunbrella which is in great shape. Plank flexibility fine for this 180 lb amateur. We can make a custom Gougeon Style tiller made from 3mm baltic-birch plywood, fiberglass, carbon fiber, or some other material Call or email Dave for a price list. Springboard for added length and control. Wood. Sherry runner aligners with bag $350.00 The 16 foot (4.9 m) mast supports 60 square feet (5.6 m) of sail area. Located in Janesville, WI, Nite $1400. Beam, plank, mast. Please give a general geographical location. Tool-Free Hound Hardware. Experience Club racing and Compete in Local and International Ice Yacht Regattas. gjdudeck@gmail.com call/txt 906-297-2500, Gee Whiz II Carbon Fiber mast, wooden boom, Harken blocks, etc. Northwind Ice Boats 80 Twin Fawn DriveHanover, MA 02339(781) 826-8004FAX (781) 826-2474Steve Duhamels company offers a complete line of DN parts and gear. Includes full cover in nearly new condition and trailer set up to transport the Arrow and a DN with masts, planks and sails. -Flush mount adjustable mast step The McCormick family has been sailing ice boats with the Four Lakes Ice Yacht Club for over 50 years. I think one SS shroud is a bit frayed. Click here for more information and photos. Via Ken Smiths Facebook page: A brisk first day sailing ALC at Ivanpah, CA. This jack is a real back saver and it is adjustable to work on DNs, Nites, and just about anything with a plank.Complete set of plans: $10.00Kits which include the plans and all the wood parts cut to size: $35.connor_m@sbcglobal.net. Located in Kenosha, WI. Be ready!! billhess@mediacombb.net Rigging with quick pins Original Fiberglass Hull with Mast bulkhead rebuilt (plywood/West System/glass) Additional: Spring-board w/ rudder yoke & chock and runner plank, chrome plated rudder yoke & chock (from R512). Price $1,200, DN Hull for sale Texts preferred: 563-419-fourseven9eight Report Click here for more information and photos. -New paint job flag blue marine total boat wet edge paint. Mast & boom are wood. Composite mast, mylar DN sail, 36 Sarns Plate runners, 9 super chocks. The DN has evolved into the worlds largest iceboat class with active sailors in 18 countries. $775, DN Runner Plank Birch Runner Plank built for 180lb sailor. Quantum Sails Zenda Melges is ready to be able to be able to help the iceboating and land-sailing community of sailors with new sails, battens, covers and other racing materials.melges.com262-275-1110 ask for Harry Melges, Andy Burdick or Jim Gluek. billhess@mediacombb.net, Nite #44 excellent condition. Perfect beginner boat has all the parts and it sails fine but not as fast as it could if someone tuned it up right. Sitka spruce board for DN sides 24 feet by 6 by 5/4. Please leave a message and I will return calls Built by the Pewaukee Syndicate. Located near Ann Arbor, Michigan. SOLD! The DN is 12 feet (3.7 m) long, with a 21 inch (53 cm) wide cockpit and an 8-foot (2.4 m) wide runner plank. $4500. Next update will be Thursday evening after 8pm EST. Plank studs furnished, but not installed. Additional pictures are available. 3. Next update will be the evening of Thursday, March 2, 2023. Boat built by Gary & Harry Whitehorse and Paul Krueger in Madison.Detroit, MichiganMake an offer.313-570-9700, Yankee iceboat Stinger Located in Southampton, NY (eastern Long Island) One of two Bite Me boats (when hiked BITE ME is visible on the bottom of the boat in all caps) Meticulously restored by Keith Kennedy of NJ. A standard Gougeon Style tiller made from 3mm baltic-birch contact Kurt at 414-477-8320, Race Ready Sherry Clone hull Very good condition Rocket DN Iceboat Mast February 17, 2023: Stern-Steerer in WI, SOLD! Built for 140lb sailor. Texts preferred: 563-419-fourseven9eight $790.00 La Crosse, WI 8 months ago Kent CSI Hull Shroud Set Compressed Strand 3mm S/s, F/s Extreme W/thimbles, Shroud set Compressed Strand 3mm s/s, f/s extreme w/toggles, Mast Hound Backing Plate T Fitting Style), Fuselarge plate set old style for two stud plates, Rear block adjustment tube mounts to hull;rod ret/blocks, Mounts on rear hull to raise sheet line blocks, Short bob stay cable connects to hull ahead of plank, Short bob stay cable with Compressed Strand wire, Bob stay cable bracket standard or Dyform cable, Euro style mast hound spreader slotted Strap, Shackle(for boom outhaul to sail connection), Sta-Master adjustment wrench; light weight aluminum. $7500 DN sailing has taken me around the world and introduced me to life-long friends the very best people on the planet. DN Iceboat Deck Layout | Harken Shop By Product Categories Small Boat Blocks Big Boat Blocks Complementary Hardware Travelers & Genoa Leads Mainsail Handling Headsail Handling Winches Hydraulics Mooring Solutions Spare Parts Accessories Hoister Harken Canvas Show All 16 mm Fly Soft-Attach Blocks Micro Carbo Air Blocks Small Boat Classic Text or Call Matt @ 608-322-5353 All original steering and hardware included, but not installed. buzzwats@sbcglobal.net, NITE Sail Includes: Race ready. Iceboat JackAs seen at the November swap meet in Williams Bay. 2. The end result is their line of extremely durable, competitive DN racing masts available at affordable prices. Custom Runner Sharpeners available too. All hardware included and ready to sail located in Lake Geneva. Based in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, the Harkens are naturally ice boat skippers. Elkhorn, WI $1500 or best offer. You just got to love it! Comes complete & ready to sail. Located: Rumson, New Jersey. Congratulations to Tomek Zakrzewski P55 for winning the Gold Fleet of the 2023 IDNIYRA European Championship sailed on Lake Kertuojai, Lithuania. DN Iceboat Products: Standard Products: . $300.00 Banks Speed sail with battens $500.00 We still have ice in the Northern regions of Michigan yet there is still a lot of snow on it. More photos available . New or Used, Supplied Parts or Complete Kits, DIY plans, books and videos on the subtle Art of DN Ice Yacht Construction - You can all find it here. Aircraft hardware to securely attach a Struble Hound to your mast. Your Shopping Cart. If you make the effort to learn the sport, you can achieve results at any age, any gender, or any size. Why and how to tune the plank and how to use wedges? Western Michigan or southern Wisconsin If you are looking for a gift for an iceboater, check out Gretchens website. We have them for sale- Call or email for pics and price! Andy also built a nice gin pole which makes it a whole lot easier to step the mast which can be a chore if youre alone. Never used. 18 foot Aluminum Mast The other weight goes to the hound. [2] The boat weighs around 100 lb (45 kg), and is piloted by a single helmeted sailor. For now, stay tuned & keep your stuff ready!! The DN is most popular iceboat in the world. Or email chel.c73@gmail.com, DN Hull and plank Complete boat hull, plank, mast, boom, runners, sail w/ battens, sail bag, stays, sheet, tiller assembly, cockpit cover. $11.50 per board foot. 4 foot extended bow plank for front runner (smoother ride) $10,000 obo Curtis Plank (#23) with Struble Chocks glued on (excellent alignment) glass wrapped Ash top and bottom plates with white cedar core. New items are starred. Email or call us for a complete listing of all services offered.