James Roday Rodriguez, co-star of the hit ABC drama A Million Little Things, says hes not a pusher when it comes to sharing his views on veganism. Scan this QR code to download the app now. With the release of Psych 2: Lassie Come Home on Peacock on July 15, we couldn't help but reminisce over some of the duo's best moments over the years ahead. Did you have to approach Shawn singing differently this time around? Hill is also known for his tap-dancing skills and his role as a presidential aide on The West Wing. "I want to be the best, most honest ally and amplifier that I can be for my own community and for my friends of color. The casts do usually sing in these even when they're bad singers. Maggie Lawson sings Kind and Generous with the cast of Psych at the Season 8 Wrap Party. "And I was stoked. It was a matter of execution and how we were going to answer the question, why. He just buttered all of us up and made us feel so much better about our voices than we had any right to, but the thing is he comes on and everybodys like, Oh, right, thats what singing actually sounds like.. Does every single regular cast member sing and dance in the musical episode? 8 hours ago, by Lindsay Kimble I vividly remember being completely shocked and thrown off course because he wasnt staying on dialogue, Hill told Variety editor Jenelle Riley. We were filming the season finale and we were on a soundstage, shooting late into the night, pretty delirious from said late-night shooting, and we were just cracking up and pretending to be Michael Jackson and Roland Orzabal (the other half of Tears for Fears) and singing "Shout" by Tears for Fears. Because I think that, in itself, can create so much anxiety in a human being. It was the beginning of the end for A Million Little Things, when the fifth and final season kicked off Wednesday night. Windy City Times: Hey, Dul. James Roday attends The 12th Annual Television Academy Honors at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel on May 30, 2019, in Beverly Hills, California. Needless to say, Curt Smith and Tears for Fears is a fan favorite for the Psychos. But this is the late '90s. 2. We walked all the way down, walked over to the steps; we did all of it in the time allotted and we made our day. All of the tracks had already been recorded, so we were all lip-syncing the whole time, but he was so complimentary to everybody. All Rights Reserved. The entire thing is basically a Psych-out. News that he would be missing the WWE show was broken during a promotional chat with Hill and wrestler John Cena earlier in the day. But, in reality, it was not," he acknowledges. It is important to note that it is unclear if the Reddit user is actually related to James, and therefore, if the information about the actor's heart is accurate. As to why their friendship as Shawn and Gus is so believable, Dul told The Futon Critic, "we vibe very well off-camera and that helps with the chemistry onscreen, in that we both like to have a good time, crack jokes, and sing songs from the '80s, and that helps us . Roday was born in San '", "Now imagine someone giving that advice to an actor out loud today, with the climate and cancel culture," he adds. He was then offered a chance to audition for the role of a gang member, but was then told he "didn't look Latino enough.". Now, Rodriguez is proudly playing a Latino character -- Gary Mendez -- on the ABC dramaA Million Little Things. If I remember correctly, they were gonna take it out, and then they put it back in, and then they took it out again, but they settled on keeping it.Roday: And that's how close we were to having a different mascot [laughs]. But I can call you back for this four-line role of a gang member,' which I ended up reading for. Unfortunately, the pilot was not ordered to series. James David Rodrguez was born on April 4, 1976. Turns out Roday had an appendectomy on Saturday and was unable to make the hosting gig. It takes place. Dual Spires. My father is Jaime Rodriguez from San Antonio, Texas, and I've got one whole half of my family that's Mexican through and through. During this moment on the show, fans noticed that James Roday also had a scar on the left side of his chest. Over two days in January 1972, the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin she was 29 at the time sweeps into the New Temple Missionary Baptist Church in Watts in front of a congregation and testifies to God in song. He is best known for his performance on "Psych". When you go to watch Peacock's new movie, Psych 2: Lassie Comes Home, you may notice a new name in the opening credits. Gisele Bndchen Attends the 2023 Met Gala Solo for the First Time Since 2007, Anna Wintour and Bill Nighy Make Red Carpet Debut at 2023 Met Gala, Everything to Know About the 2023 Met Gala Honoring Karl Lagerfeld, The 15 Best Mother's Day Gift Ideas for Grandma That Show You Care, 15 Best Star Wars Day 2023 Deals on Amazon Right Now. He studied theater at New York James Roday and Maggie Lawson, who portrayed each other's love-interest onscreen, developed love in real life too. It was cool having Cary Elwes as Despereaux, but I'm going to go beyond the series and into the movies and say that my favorite addition to the Psych cinematic universe is Jazmyn Simon. It's a site that collects all the most frequently asked questions and answers, so you don't have to spend hours on searching anywhere else. 'A Million Little Things' Season 2 Finale Ends on Shocking Cliffhanger. Rodriguez called the decision to resume using his birth surname "deeply personal," and said that he hoped his journey back to his real name could serve as a learning moment for others. One day, when James Roday was in the . 6. See what else is premiering soon with our 2023 TV schedule. "And sure enough, I did the pilot, I came up with this name that I pulled right out of a Chekhov play that I was doing at the time, and I've been Roday ever since," he says. For me, my list is essentially complete. It gives Gary permission to start living for every moment, not knowing how many hell have left. But he delivered in spades, as he always does. They begin dating in season five, though in the season seven episode Deez Nups they temporarily break up due to Juliet finding out that Shawn is not a psychic. Adaptation of U.K. Late Night Show Mock the Week for Amazon Freevee, Donald Trump to Return to CNN for Primetime Town Hall Event, Gay U.S. Marine Drama From Norman Lear a Go at Netflix, TV Premiere Dates 2022: The Complete Guide, Broadcast TV Unscripted Scorecard 2022: Whats New, Renewed and Canceled, TV Pilots 2022: The Complete Broadcast Guide, The Definitive Voice of Entertainment News. He is the son of Jim What was your favorite behind-the-scenes memory from shooting Psych the series?Dul: I'm going to take it back to Season 1. . New York, Rodriguez continued: So, the diagnosis that, Hey, this is the deal, it is what it is, you know? The short answer was no, and actor James Roday Rodriguez opened up about how his characters prognosis will affect what happens over the series final 13 episodes. In People's 100 Most Beautiful People issue (2007). s Streaming Room series, presented by software company The Trade Desk, Dul Hill Remembers the First Time He Met James Roday Rodriguez for Psych, Ron Howard and Thirteen Lives Crew on Creating the Underwater Environment of the Tham Luang Cave, The Man Who Fell to Earth Stars Chiwetel Ejiofor and Naomie Harris on David Bowie and Playing an Alien, Sean Bean, Stephen Graham Discuss Shooting Britboxs Time in a Real-Life Prison, Ghosts Stars and Creators Discuss Pulling Off the Shows Complicated Shots and Whats Next in Season 2, Elle Fanning, Tony McNamara, and The Great Artisans Discuss Season 2s Opulent Fashion and Food, Love Life Season 2 Stars William Jackson Harper and Jessica Williams on Challenging Rom-Com Norms and Depicting an Intricate Romance, Hugh Laurie, Lucy Boynton Discuss the Thrilling Challenge of Adapting Agatha Christies Why Didnt They Ask Evans?, The Best Eco-Friendly Products to Gift in 2023, Gwyneth Paltrows Ski Accident Accuser Testifies:No One Believed How Serious My Injuries Were. He is best known for starring on the USA Network series Psych as hyper-observant consultant detective and fake psychic Shawn Spencer. This platform still allows me to give thanks for all of you that remain invested in the professional choices I make. ]Roday: My favorite episode to shoot was "Dual Spires." Its why he always knew Garys cancer would come back and that Eddie would never walk again. I thought you were going to say the music video! By signing up, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy and to receive emails from POPSUGAR. How long did it take you to learn all the songs and record them in the studio? *Blackula voice* "Make em Bloody Marys." I also enjoyed watching "Office Space." Is [SPOILER] Dead? Try /r/psychology or a related subreddit for that, or /r/SampleSize if looking to take or share surveys.). July 12, . Wedding," and "Severity's Mistress." The bottom line is, I sold out my heritage in about 15 seconds to have a shot at being an actor.". He attended Taft High School. So when Rodriguez was met with the opportunity to work on the DreamWorks show, he was easily convinced to replace his last name with something casting directors could sell. As far as shooting it goes, we only got 14 days, which is the exact time it would take to shoot two episodes. I dont think any of us necessarily consider ourselves singers but we know we can kind of sing our way through stuff. They basically didn't know what to do with me," he recalled. Home | About | Contact | Copyright | Report Content | Privacy | Cookie Policy | Terms & Conditions | Sitemap. SCOTUS Now Just Another Congressional Committee, Trump Ramps up Attacks on DeSantis: 'Dropping Like a Rock', Russian Strikes on Pavlohrad Aim to Hamper Ukraine's Counteroffensive, Greg Abbott Criticized for Response to Texas Shooting: 'A New Low', Democrat Sold First Republic Stock, Bought JP Morgan Before Collapse, Conservative Influencers Struggle With Countering Biden's Messaging. Psych is ready for its musical spotlight. One of us does spoken word . I hope we are all having these conversations in our lives. He counts "Psych" as a high point in his career. "I just hope it's something that can be amplified. It definitely breaks the ice. That perspective where things like cancer, depression and paralysis are not temporary battles to overcome, but rather lifelong issues is one that A Million Little Things creator DJ Nash has felt strongly about with this series. The reason the show gave was her affair with Lassiter, which was, of course, against department protocol. He had to be Psych serious. around three years after the events of the show's finale, "The Break-Up". Be safe and enjoy loved ones. James Roday is an American actor, director, and screenwriter who has a net worth of $3 million dollars. It's long overdue. Dule Hill, Kurt Fuller, Kirsten Nelson, and James Roday. A subreddit devoted to all things Psych. The a cappella group helps. "That's it; they're done. The size and placement of the scar on his chest matches one from that type of operation. We started teasing it at Comic-Con [first in 2012 and then earlier this year] to make sure there was an appetite for it and I think it was pretty clear early on that yes, we have the greatest fans in the history of fandom to come out like Hey, guys, we want to do an episode where we make lunch boxes, they wouldve thought that was awesome. On the other hand, it was so edifying, listening to my father talk about what it was like to be a brown person growing up in this countryand in Texas, no less. Creator Steve Franks Stars James Roday Rodriguez Dul Hill Timothy Omundson See production, box office & company info Watch on Prime Video S1-8 included with Prime More watch options While it does not appear as if James has never publicly opened up about the scar, there are reports that he had open-heart surgery when he was 22. The comedy detective film, which debuts on NBCUniversal's new streaming service Peacock on Wednesday, follows the TV series' usual lead characters, Shawn and Gus. It was so utterly ridiculous and it just got me right back into what Psych is so much stupidity and hilarity and it was a lot of fun to shoot. He recalled auditioning for a DreamWorks pilot and nailing it, but his last name again caused problems. The size and placement of the scar on his chest matches one from that type of operation. With James Roday Rodriguez, Dul Hill, Timothy Omundson, Maggie Lawson. After arguing (and learning that Maggie's cancer had returned, aggressively), Gary decides to prove his commitment to her by showing her his scar from his mastectomy. The episode aired on December 15, 2013. The episode was directed by Matt Shakman and written by Bill Callahan and series star James Roday Rodriguez. Steve had been pitching aspects of the musical from season two. Its pretty tongue-in-cheek what we do, and I think it was fun for him to come in and not be as serious, even though he kinda had to be serious. In the musical? Twitter: @insidethetube, Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day, Inside the business of TV with breaking news, expert analysis and showrunner interviews. Since Shawn had exposed them, she had to be transferred. However, in 2013, they broke up without going into details. Rodriguez said those realizations made him question many of the decisions he's made as an adult, starting with his reason for changing his name in the first place. Shawn has an appendicitis attack and goes to the hospital. (Writer's note: In case you're unaware, Shawn is OBSESSED with the band Tears for Fears in Psych, so when he finds out that his episode nemesis Declan Rand is hosting him at his house, Shawn looses all of his marbles. Kids love watching adults act like children. And that was it. We were all sort of like before he even got there OK, this is Anthony Rapp. You're just saying that to get me in your movie - I've told you that I'm done with being humiliated by you #PsychOs https://t.co/zOsLNpsFSe. Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Irwin Estvez, while his father, who most people know as Martin Sheen, was born Ramn Antonio Gerardo Estvez. Had it repaired and is the picture of health today," the original poster responded. "If you don't deliver, it's not going to work. Privacy Policy. "Dul: It was so*Blackula voice* "Make em Bloody Marys." His mother Irene Rodriguez, is of British descent. Its his baby. Be sure to catch this dynamic duo and the rest of the fabulous cast in Psych 3: This Is Gus, now streaming on Peacock. These were not stories that were shared around the Christmas tree when I was a kid," Rodriguez said. Rodriguez is one of the many celebrities who have changed their names in an effort to catch their big break. Kirk Douglas, the actor and son of Russian immigrants, was born Issur Danielovitch and changed his name early on in his career after film execs told him his name was too Jewish for Hollywood. James Roday and Dule Hill sing the Psych Theme song during the Psych College Tour at the University of Georgia in Athens I can't excuse the decision because of youth or naivet or ambition. Copyright 2023 Distractify. Read Next: WGA Calls for Strike to Begin Tuesday, Slams Studios for Creating Gig Economy That Aims to Turn Writing into Entirely Freelance Profession. Is there a genre you still hope to tackle on Psych? He has acted in several theatrical productions, Advertisement. Consider yourself warned! Psych: The Movie is the first Psych movie and premiered on USA Network on December 7, 2017. It was a weird, twisty-turney casting process, we were looking at all genders for Mr. Yang, at one point we thought it was going to be Rutger Hauer from Blade Runner, and it couldn't be further from that. Were there other big spectacles that you liked performing? Nov 24, 2022. Then digital angels stepped in, and glory, glory, hallelujah! In Season 1 of A Million Little Things, Gary meets Maggie (Allison Miller) in a support group for cancer survivors. Each episode of A Million Little Things has the ability to break viewers' hearts into a million little pieces, as the popular ABC series has garnered a reputation for being emotional and heart-warming. The strikes left 34 people injured, including three children, and caused widespread damage. 45 Photos That Prove Psychs James Roday and Dul Hill Are Shawn and Gus in Real Life. "I vividly remember being completely shocked and thro The first season centered around a group of friends including Eddie Saville (David Giuntoli), Rome Howard (Romany Malco), Katherine Kim (Grace Park), and Gary Mendez (James Roday Rodriguez) in Boston as they grappled with the suicide of Jon Dixon (Ron Livingston). Reporting on what you care about. "Some kind of heart surgery? Its not like we got extra rehearsal or development time or any of that. 3. He credits, in large part, actress and animal-rights activist Alicia Silverstonea longtime friendwith guiding him toward a vegan lifestyle. Psych: The Musical, written and directed by creator Steve Franks, puts BFFs Shawn ( James Roday) and Gus ( Dule Hill) at the center as they're tasked with tracking down an escaped madman . Offers may be subject to change without notice. I dont think the expectation is that the Psych musical is going to be Rent, so I think as long as we didnt completely humiliate ourselves and it is funny and it is in the tone of what we do, wed have a fighting chance of pulling it off. And I hope we're all chasing the best versions of ourselves moving forward.". Thrives on New Orleans Saints football, The West Wing and taco trucks. "On one hand, it's unfortunate that it took the world turning upside down for that to sink in. I'd describe 'Psych' as 'Real Genius' meets 'Django Unchained.'. Also, the Yin/Yang episodesand the "quarter-black" episodesthere are so many. To be able to do the video was awesome we had the entire cast together and I think it was the only day we had everyone together on set. All Rights Reserved. He studied ballet at a young age before understudying for Savion Glover on Broadway for Bring in da Noise, Bring in da Funk. Jamaican Inspector Man is the one track that didnt make it into the body of the show, but then we tagged it at the very end as kind of like a Psych-out, so its that one. A post shared by Dule Hill (@dulehill) on May 30, 2017 at 9:52am PDT, A post shared by Psych (@psychonusa) on Apr 23, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT, A post shared by Dule Hill (@dulehill) on Mar 26, 2014 at 7:58am PDT, A post shared by Psych (@psychonusa) on Jul 12, 2012 at 9:18am PDT, A post shared by Dule Hill (@dulehill) on Jul 23, 2016 at 11:02am PDT, A post shared by Dule Hill (@dulehill) on Feb 13, 2014 at 10:24am PST, A post shared by Dule Hill (@dulehill) on Jun 14, 2017 at 2:02am PDT, A post shared by Dule Hill (@dulehill) on Nov 12, 2017 at 7:19am PST, A post shared by Dule Hill (@dulehill) on Nov 25, 2013 at 8:55am PST, by Monica Sisavat Rodriguez, who began production on season 3 of A Million Little Things, and Hill, who is planning for the upcoming reunion with the cast of The West Wing, commented on the saturation of content across platforms and how it has not necessarily translated to finding opportunities for employment more easily. What was your favorite episode of Psych to shoot and what was your favorite episode of Psych to watch?Dul: Roday would know the specific name of the episode, but I really enjoyed filming the one with Blackula.Roday: That episode was aptly titled, "This Episode Sucks."Dul: It was so. I can't excuse the decision because of youth or naivet or ambition. Get the daily inside scoop right in your inbox. 11 hours ago, by Monica Sisavat Are Dule Hill and James Roday friends in real life? Let's Doo-Wop It Again: Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar. The beloved "Psych" duo James Roday Rodriguez and Dul Hill recall their first chemistry read, which through Hill for a loop. "And that became the explanation. Steve basically locked himself in his office at the start of the season while we were shooting other episodes and had this ready in time for the two-episode block it took up. I also enjoyed watching "Office Space." By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. In Season 1, Gary was in remission from breast cancer, which is far less common with men than with women. Shawn and Gus sing A-has classic Take On Me for their first round audition on American Duos. Heres how it works. When the host of the charity event is shot, Shawn has to work the case from the hospital. They said, 'You might want to give some real consideration to changing your name. All Rights Reserved. That film turned out to be Primal Fear, and actor Ed Norton was deemed the lead. ", "The last thing I would ever want in a million years is for anyone to feel like I'm co-opting a movement to point a light at myself," he continues. which include "The Three Sisters," "Twelfth Night," "A Respectable Formatted as a musical, it aired as a two-hour event, using up episodes 15 and 16 of the season order. 7 hours ago, by Monica Sisavat Hill's credits include roles on iconic shows including "The West Wing" and "Psych," but his career as an actor began when he was a child, appearing in the Broadway musical "The Tap Dance Kid,". ", 'Psych 2' First Look: Watch the First 4 Minutes of the Movie Sequel, James Roday and Dule Hill Offer First Look at 'Psych: The Movie' and Poster (Exclusive), EXCLUSIVE: James Roday Talks Breaking Barriers in AIDS Comedy 'Pushing Dead' and Reveals He's Ready to Revisit, By signing up, you agree to our What song do Shawn and Gus sing in American duos? People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. 9 hours ago, by Victoria Edel He starred in the film. James Roday Rodriguez, co-star of the hit ABC drama A Million Little Things, says he's not a "pusher" when it comes to sharing his views on veganism. Because James has largely kept his personal life private, fans of the actor have found out information about him through other means. So once the songs were written, Cohen created his usual computerized versions, and had the cast record vocals over those tracks. playerId: 'fdaee7b3-292f-4a85-89bb-29a56b567de3', It basically blew up my own relationship with my race, my sense of who I am when it comes to my relationship with that half of me.". That, in and of itself, is reason enough for me. It brought me back to what we did with Psych the series and turning these different escapades into song. The bottom line is, I sold out my heritage in about 15 seconds to have a shot at being an actor," Rodriguez said. )Roday: It's always fun getting the gang back together, because while some of us see each other pretty frequently, it's very rare that all of us are together at the same time. . Rodrguez and Deborah Collins. PHOTOS: Broadway Musicals That Have Sung Their Way to the Big Screen. However, Rodriguez and Hill, who both served as producers on the show, with the former writing and directing several episodes, said they were grateful fans were able to access the movie easily through the platform and continue following the characters lives. Texas native James Roday Rodriguez has made wise choices: to root for the Tennessee Titans (formerly the Houston Oilers) and the San Antonio Spurs (not the Dallas Mavericks); to take on the. Link a reference to it if you don't mind. What episode of Psych do Juliet and Shawn start dating? Viewers noticed that actor James Roday had a large scar on his chest, and some wondered what it was from. We wanted to do something that felt appropriate to Psych, and appropriate to Steve, whos a musician and a songwriter. But now I'm going to go back to the name I was born with. . Did James Roday have a heart operation? Q&A: Psych Creator Fulfills Musical Dream: Ive Checked It Off My Bucket List, The entire thing is basically a Psych-out, Roday jokingly tells The Hollywood Reporter, referencing the bloopers that air after each episode. It was pretty ambitious. Over the years, the actors have formed a strong bond, with Dul often calling James his brother on social media and James being a groomsman at Dul and Jazmyn Simons 2018 wedding. The size and placement of the scar on his chest matches one from that type of operation. 14 hours ago, by Pallavi Bhadu As opposed to that, You know what? Its the most epic Psych-out of all time.. In an interview with TVLine published Tuesday, 44-year-old Rodriguez explained why he took on his Mexican-American surname again. Everyone knows that. He does share photos and videos of his on-screen love interest, Allison Miller, but the two have never indicated that they are dating. At the end of Season 2, Vick announced that she would step down because her position as Chief was not solidified by the mayor, but she received a call from the mayor soon after, effectively giving her the position. . Most of the cast was game, although Corbin Bernsen refuses to sing in the episode when his character is given the chance to contribute to a tune. (Writer's note: The pineapple is the official Psych mascot and there's a hidden pineapple in every episode of the series. The 44-year-old Psych actor spoke to TV Line about why he originally decided to change his name from James Rodriguez to James Roday after he started to audition for acting roles while studying at . The boys were singing in-between takes , and they were really good, says Franks, a musician who wrote and sang the shows theme song. Estimated Net Worth. Theyve been the best group of family that I can ever have asked for we could have asked for. the user asked. keep things in tune on-screen." Then we were like, "Wouldn't it be funny if they were a duo?" They gave us the blessing to go off and do this but only in the context of our normal season. Over the years, the actors have formed a strong bond, with Dul often calling James his "brother" on social media and James being a groomsman at Dul and Jazmyn Simon's 2018 wedding. I hope we're all learning s**t that we thought we knew but didn't know. If the rest of AMLTs final season is filled with more experiences like the one in the premiere in which Gary and Danny (Chance Hurstfield) paid a visit to the secret lover of Garys late fathers war buddy I think were in for an emotional ride. More than 15 years after its premiere, fans can't get enough of Psych and its . Thats the craziest part of the TV schedule. What was your favorite episode of Psych to shoot and what was your favorite episode of Psych to watch?Dul: Roday would know the specific name of the episode, but I really enjoyed filming the one with Blackula.Roday: That episode was aptly titled, "This Episode Sucks. Yes, he had a hole in his heart when he was a kid. I said to Dul, "C'mon man, we don't need to wear those suits, it's going to be bulkyjust man up, dude. Formerly known as James Roday, the actor is now incorporating his legal surname and will go by James Roday Rodriguez. And I hope we're all chasing the best versions of ourselves moving forward," he said. Thats some really solid man-on-man action that I will be thankful for as long as I live. . He decided to change his name when three years later, he was told at yet another audition that his last name was costing him potential jobs. So, we had to shoot all of his scenes via "The Zoom" as is common nowadays. Rodriguez said he wants to be an ally for his community moving forward. When Rachael found out, she broke up with Gus. Were there songs that didnt make it to air? "The point is: Now is the time to dig in and seize the opportunity, collectively, to just be better," he says. The Hollywood Reporter is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Do Men Still Wear Button Holes At Weddings? And I think it will mean something to him. And I just hope it's something that can be amplified. Cookie Notice The actor opened up on his decision to go by . So, Dul opted not to wear the suit, and when he came up for air, the look on his face [laughs], no words needed to be spoken. "The first audition I ever had was for the lead in a major movie, and the casting director said to me, 'You're so great, but I don't think I can call you back because your last name is Rodriguez. That number just gets me every time I see it. Plot Summary The episode opens at a benefit for Right Now, a Santa Barbara community outreach program that helps at-risk youths get out of gangs. It's been six years since USA Network's Psych went off the air, but the friendship between the show's stars James Roday and Dul Hill is as strong as ever. I think we used everything. This will undoubtedly have an effect on Gary, as he and Maggie prepare to welcome a baby boy, and James Roday Rodriguez talked to TVLine about the characters state of mind, saying: I say this bearing the responsibility of a dramatization of something that so many people have actually had to deal with for real, which affects families and loved ones and everything: I do think that there is a bizarre, perhaps somewhat macabre level of security in just knowing that I dont have to cross my fingers and hope for an all-clear every six months.