It has gotten worse recently to the point that 3 garments are completely destroyed by rust stains. My husband travels for his business so Im typically left to contend with these sort of issues and did a pretty good job if I may say so myself but I dont think Im quite ready to replace a top on my own. Really!? I am upset that I spent so much money on the LG and even recommended it to friends and have to deal with this issue again!! Also didnt know about the Class Action Suite. Once all of the ice has melted, reconnect the water supply . Product Information. The rusted areas are now flaking off leaving actual holes around the bleach area! would never but another one. Choice magazine, in independent tests of popular LG fridge models in 2010, found the energy consumption in two models was higher than claimed by LG. Today it is much worse there and now in other areas of the Top Cover (part #MCK62185501). Ruining close and now is starting to make a hole all the way through. Purchased LG 5.2 cf top loader WT5480CW, rusted where water/soap comes out and has ruined clothes, with chunks falling into the clothes. Most of our loads use an oxy clean non cholorine bleach. is now outsourcing their HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO!!! Now, after only 5 years, my washing machine is leaking water because of the enormous rusting .actually pieces of rust are coming into my washing machine now. Im having the same problems as others have mentioned. Any suggestions on treating the rust area? Its poorly designed, thus LG error.. I called as soon as I noticed but was told to be careful with bleach. I find using a very mild laundry detergent (I use Earth Breeze) helps and it seems hot water makes it worse. I have had rush from the dispenser for over 4 years. LG doesnt care about the consumer. I have the LG rusty machine too. My lg top loader has rusted where water comes in and bleach dispenser. LG should reimburse or provide a repair for something like this IMMEDIATELY! How do I get the casing replaced. LG doesnt stand for Lifes Good in my book. We will put a bead of silicone in the crevasse Horrible washing machine. Im experiencing the same thing. Please read my reply to Others concerning this Issue!!! Thanks! Is there someone that is responsible to repair this problem? My washer is also rusting! What a disappointment. If you do not use the correct materials when you making the machines dont make them!!! It starts at the bleach dispenser and spreads from there. Same story, rusted within 3 years and when contacted LG they said rust is not covered under any warranty. I am having the same issue with the rusted bleach dispenser. Mistakes happen but its time they own up. The cost was $749.95 not including tax, so not an inexpensive machine.. During the first or second year, the top began to rust around the bleach dispenser. Its now dropping into my clothes while being washed. It says since there is no strong water flow in top loaders (at bottom of tank) so the flakes stick and as the weight deposits increases (not sure what that even means, lol) they come off and get into laundry. Their customer service told me they would do something about this and never bothered to call back. Please add me to the Class Action Suit when it is back on. Maytag lasted over 15 years of use for 4 adults and 2 dogs before the motor died, but it never corroded like this fancy LG. Now I have discovered that the washing machine is leaking from the bottom of the machine and soaking my tile floor in the laundry room. Seems very poorly made, as before we had another brand with no issues at all for 20+years. Mine began about two months after I bought it. Here I am 3 years later with the same issue. Decided to see if there was a recall and then found this! asks from Mount Laurel, NJ on February 23, 2015 9 answers. Rust all around the bleach dispenser and underneath it. I had paid more for the LG thinking I would have a quality product not so am trying to get with LG for their disposition but after reading the comments appears they take no responsibility for the their faulty products!! I have had numerous items ruined by rust stains. They ignore my emails, or say that they cannot help me. We have never had this problem before and are extremely disappointed with our LG washer and we have the matching dryer. Lost me as a customer for life, and I will be sure to share my experience with my friends and family! The area around the bleach cup is completely rusted out on our otherwise perfect washer! I also purchased an extended warranty and was told by an LG representative that rust is cosmetic and not covered. The bleach cup should have had a larger lip around it. There is no shred of doubt in my mind that LG knew about these issues and didnt fix them. I have an LG washing machine that has been rusting around the bleach dispenser, for over one year. It has gotten worse and worse. Ive ruined more linens and whites with rust stains before I realized what was causing them. We purchased the washer in July of 2019 and bought the 3 year extended warranty. We swap tops out when the rust starts again. I cant get my clothes clean because it is spraying rust out on my final rinse. Would have been cheap for them to have painted it right to begin with. EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY FOR THE MONEY SPENT! It started years ago (cant really remember how many). It seems we cant resolve the problem so we have done our best to cope with it. My bleach dispenser is rusting out and falling off and the all along the top of the inside of the washing machine the foil is starting to peel off..Ive done everything right including leaving the lid open so it can air dry and its still peeling off..I hope somethings done about this..LG Products are cheaply made and over priced!! I SIGNED UP FOR CLASS ACTION SUIT BUT IN REALITY THAT MAY OR MAY NOT EVER HAPPEN. Can I join this suit also? I will never buy a LG product again! I I have the same rusting problem I bought my washer in 2012 model number WT5001C and it has all the same rusting problems on the top that I can see. [59] In 2004, LG made 4A-rated water efficiency claims for numerous washing machines before they were certified. I would like to participate in the class action suit. It formed on the edges of the corner where you pour the bleach. 256K views 9 years ago LG has issued a recall for over 457,000 of their top loading washers. Having the same problems as noted in this article. i also so have rust around my lg bleach dispenser i has ruined alot of my cloths ! Clearly, the area was not properly protected from the water coming through the water supply line to the bleach cup. I ran my hand along the bottom of the top and could feel a thick layer of rust and pulled back orange fingers! We are now needing to buy a new one ASAP. I have both LG washer and dryer. My LG washer is also rusting around the bleach dispenser and the rust is corroding the whole underside of the top of the machine. Mine too! This washer started this problem after one year. Others are stained but not all over the garments. I feel like I am going to have to replace my washer before it quits working just because of the rust! I am sure LG knows this is a Quality Issue. We investigated our machine further and after removing tub noticed the tub hub on top of outside tub was horribly corroded. I wish everyone the best of luck with their issue and hope I can get mine resolved quickly. On my LG WASHER the area around the bleach receptical has rusted and so has the bottom of the washer front. I am because it is time for the consumers to see how these companies blame the consumer for their cheap products that were used. 02:04. . The washer still works fine, but this is a terrible problem and. My LG washer Bought in 2016 has rusted at the mouth of the bleach dispenser. Same issues have sanded and tried sealing several times now its completely through the surface, NO MORE LG for us. Same issues with my LG, please keep me posted and add to lawsuit. Beginning to notice degradation near the hinges that hold the lid. I have the same exact problem. Clothing & linens ruined. i also have the same problem how do i join in the class action. Our is rusting what a big disappointment, never will I buy any LG products the sad thing is, its only us who are retired that use it. I was just checking to see if this is cover under warranty but the warranty has expire. It is leaving rust all over my clothes. I do not know what to do at this point. Thats almost 20 years ago!! I was stuck with this issue and what an eye sore. Electronics at 800-243-0000 and they are WORTHLESS (not to mention time consuming.as I was on hold for 30 minutes)!!! Clearly, the added mess or extra cleaning process defeats the purpose of any washing machine, let alone LG, and extremely disappointing. I am now into the 3rd hour since going at it with my dremel because no matter how much I sprayed air, suctioned with the shop vac, etc, there continued to be huge flakes of rust and literal piles of fine rust dust all around the top of the basket. Rust all around the bleach dispenser. I would also like to join the lawsuit. I have done every thing I know to stop it. We have an LG dishwasher that is so loud we have to leave the room and time when we run it. I was not aware of a class action suit until just now. Its a fancy hitech washer, ideal for washing without any detergent and water!! Cant believe there was not a voluntary recall about this defective washer. Same problem, the rust is so bad now, 5-6 years later. I have the same issue with rust. We all cant be having the same issue. Rust all along the top inside. This dispenser top is not meant to be removed- the holding clips break easily. Plaintiffs are represented by Timothy N. Mathews, Benjamin F. Johns, and Zachary P. Beatty of Chimicles & Tikellis LLP. The LG washer class action claims that the rust starts around the bleach dispenser on the washing machine top. Piece of garbage. I will never buy another LG. Is there anything we can do to make LG responsible. I cant believe they havent recalled it and the class action suit was dismissed. I thought they were reputable but the last 4 appliances I bought using their recommendation were junk. I can guarantee you this will be my last LG washer I will ever purchase. We are having the same problems with our LG washing machine. I have tried to do a claim through LG it been 2 months and nothing has happened . We have the same exact problem with our washer too in Sturbridge, MA. Need to get top replaced. But it kept rusting, and now it looks terrible and I notice rust flaking off in the dispenser. I did not know there was a class action suit against LG. We bought it in 2012. Pun intended! I was so afraid the rust was due to our water but now Im thinking that LG is just terrible. Just noticed th rust issue on my washer also LG. It is falling into my machine and causing stains on my clothes. Unfortunately the tops do not fit properly and the repairman scratched the front housing all the way down to the metal. The dispenser is rarely used but still is rusting out. Bought in 2015. Not only rust issues. I find this totally unacceptable for a machine in this price range. What junk! LG has the very worst customer service I have ever encountered. Please help! Called lg and they said since it wasnt still under they wouldnt be able to help. So I am a nurse and I purchased over $500 in white uniforms at the uniform store put them in my LG washer top load and sure enough rest spots on every single white uniform running everything I didnt attribute it to the bleach dispenser I thought it was from the water heater plumbing or some other issue and now after its probably been a year I put it together by looking in googling and seeing other people with these issues and now the bleach dispenser literally collapsed and my washer is just slightly over seven years and LG wont stand behind it they said its only a year parts and service unless I pay For a technician to come out plus they have to have $125 upfront so I told him no Ill join a class action lawsuit this is a common issue Ive had washers last beyond 15 years so Im never purchase another LG washer and now I cant even use it because the dispenser collapsed and its blocking the top. I followed their manual to the letter and Now I know they believe me to be an ignorant and stupid consumer. Such a good working, good size machine for me and its got this paint bubbling rust coming out on top. We have the LG refrigerator we purchased nine years ago and it quit on us as well needing a new major part which costs $350 . These things just seem to disintegrate before your eyes. Same rusting problem around the bleach dispenser with our washer. I am having the same issue with rust around the bleach dispenser. LG Class Action Says Washers Rust Defect Ruins Clothing, April 27, 2023 | Roundup Class Action Investigations, April 27, 2023 | Personal Injury Investigations, Roundup users may develop cancer, including non-Hodgkins lymphoma, Nursing home neglect and elder abuse lawsuit claim review, Essential: Remember your cookie permission setting, Essential: Gather information you input into a contact forms, newsletter and other forms across all pages, Essential: Keep track of what you input in a shopping cart, Essential: Authenticate that you are logged into your user account, Essential: Remember language version you selected, Functionality: Remember social media settings, Functionality: Remember selected region and country, Analytics: Keep track of your visited pages and interaction taken, Analytics: Keep track about your location and region based on your IP number, Analytics: Keep track of the time spent on each page, Analytics: Increase the data quality of the statistics functions, Advertising: Tailor information and advertising to your interests based on e.g. Rust around my LG top loader. Granted it still works, but how long until it crumbles the rusted parts. They replaced the top and now the new top is rusted out. Even if I buy replacement parts, the problem will happen again and again. The one that was here just today say that they have a class action suit right now on their condensers in their LG Refrigerators!! Could someone comment here and say if they know of anything being done about the LG rust issue. How do I join the class action? My machine also started rusting at the bleach dispenser and is now rusting all around the top of the machine. Today I noticed the area has a significant sized hole around the bleach dispenser causing a handful of metal shards to get in my washer mixed in with the clothes. It started rusting within only a few months. Am waiting to hear back from them. How do we participate in this class action suit? In our lab tests, Top-Load HE Washers models like the WT7900HBA are rated on multiple criteria, such as those . My washer also has the rust issue and I want to join the lawsuit. It is absolutely horrible to spend Top Dollar on a supposed High-End Washing Machine only to have it LITERALLY fall apart in front of you. I am just so upset. I cant use my washer at all! I emailed them before reaching and reading this. Were having the same problem. I have the same issue. Our LG washing machine purchased in 2010 has been one of the best washing machines except for the fact it started rusting within the first couple of years we purchased it. We purchased It in 2012. I feel this was a bad design by the manufacturer who makes no warranty for its products! Which I NEVER use. It is rusting where the spray comes out on the final rinse. I have the same issues, and it wasnt because of bleach splash. We have to replace the machine. My LG is rusting were the water spout and the bleach cup is and is flaming off into the tub, it stains clothing and looks terrible! Is there a diy to remove the rust? Although we stopped using the beach dispenser, the problem continues to grow. Please let me know how I can add my name. I am totally disgusted with this product. This same thing has happened to my washing machine! Wikipedi Piece of utter JUNK. Once it begins, the rust inevitably spreads throughout the top of the washer to the point that rust seeps into the laundry bin and stains clothing during the wash cycle, the LG washer rust class action lawsuit states. My LG washer top rim started rusting within 3 years of purchase and I was told by LG they didnt cover cosmetic issues with the machine. Now I see that this is a standard problem with the LG washers. Also having this same issue. Sounds so familiar! Mine too, its SO BAD. I am having the same issue. I have pictures of the clothes damaged. Me too. My husband bought my LG top loader in 2012. Inside is rusted out! NOT SO!!!! I dont use bleach. Its been rusting a few A years now. Its now rusted out not only around the dispenser but spread all over the inside top of the lid and down into the drum. Bought our LG Washing Machine Model WT4870C in June 2013. According to the LG class action, the LG washer rust stems from a manufacturing defect associated with the top loading washers' tops. They want us to pay for any repairs. The screw on the lid rust also!! Will never buy another lg product. Its disgusting. More often than not, rusty stainless appliances are the result of incorrect and overzealous cleaning by owners. v. LG Electronics USA Inc., Case No. Im so FURIOUS w/ LG. They move forward and changed the design but didnt compensate those of us with this issue. I need a new washer asap so I dont know if you need anything from my before I go ahead and replace this machine. I have a LG top load washing machine. The rust is increasing rapidly, at location I can see. If you know of anything I can do about this big eye sore, please advise. After reading this I am now in disbelief. The judge who dismissed the class action was probably paid off by this corporate giant. Same problem with my LG. Rust began showing up about 3-4 years afterward. I fear my machine will rust out before the rest of the machine wears out!!! Information contained in service manuals typically includes schematics / circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams, block diagrams, printed wiring boards, exploded . Also, have taken photos of rust corrosion for documentation. Im with you. I live in California. Initially, I wasnt sure what was causing it but I definitely know now. i just purchase this Duowasher at costco thinking it was awesome to have a lower washer for small loads of laundry. I first noticed it around the top ring about the tub, an dafter seeing a tv news report on the LG washers bleach dispenser, I pulled the plastic dispenser out and it is starting to rust under the plastic dispenser also. We have same LG top load washer problem. Ya. I turn, these flakes stick to the parts of the washing machine. Featured Video. They blame it on the consumer. Samsung has received 733 reports of washing machines vibrating excessively or the top detaching from the machine's chassis, according to the CPSC recall notice. This is crazy!!!! Is it too late to get involved with the class act? The machine is spotless otherwise. Our LG top loading washer started to rust around the bleach dispenser within the first year of owning it. ft. Ultra Large Capacity High-Efficiency Top Load Washer with WaveForce, Model # WT5070CW can be ordered from from our Authorized Parts Distributor Affiliate: Encompass Parts Distribution 775 Tipton Industrial Dr. Suite F Lawrenceville, GA 30046 Sales: 866-779-7906 Fax . Ive had my LG top loader since 2012 and have sent several emails to LG regarding the rust around the bleach dispenser. I also have a lot of rust around the bleach dispenser. How can I be a part of this class action????? Top Class Actions is a legal news source Paint peeling off, rust and other areas of bubbling paint. Will never buy an LG again ? It has spread half way around. How do I join the class? Some rust has gotten into machine and stained clothes. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Same here. This shouldnt be happening and LG needs to take responsibility and make this right with their customers. That only lasted a few months before the rust started coming through. And for about a year, the washers worked without any issue, but then it started to rust. Both washer and dryer have flakes of white paint coming off ! Plaintiffs allege that the metal tops are poorly sealed which leads to the leakage of water and formation of rust. Has anyone else had the problem with holes in their clothes? Same here, had the top replaced under warranty after les than a year of ownership and the new one is just as bad. My wife and I enjoy using the LG graphite top load washer and front load dryer. I went to that website but could not see the LG rusting casesaw a mildew case. I would also like to join this lawsuit . Figures! What does it mean that it was dismissed? These are expensive machines. This is happening in broad daylight right under our noses. LG is still top rated by Consumer Reports, but appears to be the front loaders. I bought my LG washer in 2016 thinking I was buying a top of the line washer instead its turning into a rusty piece of junk! even though she is going to say shes not allowed to do that, that is not true they can give their first name and their ID NO.They are highly trained on how to get around your issue and will even lie and say that they will look into the issue and call you back or their going to have to escalate your call to another dept. Never had a rust issue. Please put me on the list. You can change these settings at any time. I am having the same problem but never knew the spots on my clothes was a common problem until i googled it..what to do? I bought mine in 2014 lg top loader and it rust around bleach cup also the control board went also in 7 years. This machine is a huge disappointment! You can see, in the corners, where the lid closes, that the coating they used is peeling off and exposing the rust. So upset. There must be something we can do. Having the exact My LG top loader is completely rusted all around the bleach tray it has been getting worse and worse for the last few years and as of today the metal has rusted so much the entire tray has fallen through. We have had many color items of clothing ruined because of this issue. I have been on an ongoing battle with LG regarding this same issue. I also paid a pretty price for this machine, now I feel I need to replace a machine that is still working great except for the problem with my clothes getting ruined. I have stopped using the bleach dispenser and the rust did not stop. Please let me know if there is another class action lawsuit. I bought the extended warranty but when the tech came he said it was cosmetic and they would not repair or replace. Good bye LG. Horrible! I had a kenmore for 20 years plus and no rust. He and I went back and forth for 30 minutes about the COLOR! Rust is getting on the clothes. I seldom use bleach. Weve had our LG washer for 12 years and its deposited rust stains on clothing, most of the top area is rusted, especially around the soap and softener dispenser, we have bits of rust flaking off into the utility tub when it drains, and now some rubber type stuff is flaking off in small bits all over everything. Same rust problems starting at the bleach dispenser . Now, Im seeing rust spots on ALL my clothing. 4/12/2021 Greenworks Electric Pressure Washer. I WAS GREETED BY A LOVELY LADY WHO HEARD ME OUT AND PUT IN A WORK ORDER FOR SOMEONE TO COME OUT AND ASSESS. The bleach dispenser is a plastic insert which fits into the metal top of the washer. I feel I have been scammed. I would be happy to join a case action. The LG technition came out for the water pump told me to call back Best Buy So Im trying to get this resolved???? I would like to join a class action suit if another arises. It Started around the Bleach Dispenser Years ago and has spread through out the entire Machine. Have to replace now because my clothes are spotted with rust stains all over. I like my machine, but for sure wont purchase this brand again. It gets better. My husband and I bought my top loader LG washing machine in 2013 and the whole top of the wash machine Around the bleach cup and the detergent cup is rusted out, I would just like mine to be repaired .. Im happy with it it other than the rust issue. My lg washer is rusted where the bleach goes. Not a chance! I cant believe there was no recall on this matter. Im very disappointed in the quality of this LG washer. I will NEVER by another LG, ever. On the left side of the washer where the Bleach Fill/Drain is located, it has rusted completely out to the point that rusted metal pieces are building up around the drum and some getting into the laundry. Mine has rusted so bad its going to rust through pretty soon. My LG washing machine started rusting about 2years after l purchased it. I always find water in the bleach dispenser after doing a load of laundry. Do what is right LG!! I have rust on my lid and on my bleach bin. HI EVERYONE I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. I am disgusted by this. LG Waveforce Washing Machine Rusting Top Replacement Save $1000 Bugman Vlogs 582 subscribers Subscribe 114 Share 19K views 2 years ago ARTHUR DIY washing machine top replacement due to rusting. I how of a washer doing the same. I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it . Will never by LG again. Actions does not process claims and we cannot advise you on the will read this and find our experience helpful before buying and wasting money on LG WT5101H like we did.