He might enjoy a taste of siwo kn/a dark sugarcane syrup, or his pipe with some tobacco. Coordinates: 1452N 532E. There are more Ghede spirits than could ever be counted. HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email. There is one thing, however, that each African Traditional path has in common: the emphasis on the guidance of the priesthood and the adherence to the rules that govern the service of the spirits. MT KAFOU. Likewise, giving him an Eleggua head is inappropriate and he does not come as a child, so giving him toys is likely to get a raised eyebrow and a hand-off to the Marassa. Songs for them reflect this aversion to polite conversation such as when we sing: Si koko te gen dan li tap manje mayi griye Like, if someone approached me with a disaster stemming from missteps with Kafou, I am unlikely to be willing to offer advice without at least laying down some cards to see what exactly was done and speaking to Kafou on my own to see if this is something that can be mitigated and if I am the right priest to do the mitigating. Oh woe. Photo: Igor Kvochka, CC BY-SA 4.0. 5 out of 5 stars (256) Sale Price $9.09 $ 9.09 $ 15.15 Original Price $15.15 (40% off) Add to Favorites Voodoo Veve Pendant Choice of Sobo and Bade Kalfou Ogou Feray Loco Oshun or Sekhelo . Largely, it springs up from false equivocation (Legba is Eleggua, Kafou and Legba are twins/brothers) born from the idea that since Legba and Kafou embody similar jobs they are the same and, in some subtle ways, a colonized idea of what Vodou is, drawing from racist tropes made popular years ago. If its not what he wants, its still on him. If you have concerns, questions, desires then you can turn to Ghede, and take him aside at the ceremony, and you will get a well thought out and truthful answer. Like, if someone approached me with a disaster stemming from missteps with Kafou, I am unlikely to be willing to offer advice without. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. He goes by many, many names that denote his standing or the particular face/personality/affinity he is coming with, and he is most often greeted as Papa, an honorific in Vodou that denotes respect and the place a lwa holds in the religion and in the hearts of the svit/servant. Being a liminal amorality, he is happy to stretch into rites that conceive of spirit relationships in different ways that a Ginen-based priest or lineage will. It can be hard to conceive of until you meet him, but he is a spirit who stretches across multiple explanations of who he is; a divinity and a place all in one. If Maitre Carrefour is feeling tricky, he may point you in the wrong direction or make you lose your way. Eshu Elegbara (Leg ba; Elegba) is a solar spirit. When I was at the very beginning of my participation in Vodou and was trying to understand how Kafou could be grasped (not understoodtrying to understand him in totality is a mistake), my mother said something profound: if Kafou is unhappy with you, you have nothing. In all these faces, Legba has humanity which translates into a feeling of familiarity. Legba can be approached by anyone, initiate or not, because he sits at the gate in this liminal state that is both in and out. Koetting, Vodou Songs in Haitian Creole and English Benjamin Hebblethwaite, Hoodoo and Voodoo Secrets of Folk Magic, Rootwork, Witchcraft, Mojo, Conjuration, Haitian Vodou and New Orleans Voodoo Mari Silva, The Voodoo Hoodoo Spellbook Denise Alvarado, Roots of Haitis Vodou-Christian Faith: African and Catholic Origins R. Murray Thomas, A Guide to Serving the Seven African Powers Denise Alvarado, Hoodoo, Voodoo and Conjure Jeffrey E. Anderson, Faces of the Gods: Vodou and Roman Catholicism in Haiti -Leslie G. Desmangles. Powered by Shopify. Colors: Black and Red Offerings . A rather infamous story about Legba can be found in, When we move deeper into ceremony, Legba does not fall to the side; he is sung for each time a ceremony moves into a different rite or, Mt Kafou (sometimes seen as Kalfou or Matre Carrefour in French) is a lwa who is the actual embodiment of the crossroads. Peter Stone uses the finest quality Sterling Silver in all our jewelry,offering you unsurpassed beauty and value with our exclusive designs!See the Peter Stone Difference for yourself.Details :- .925 Sterling Silver- Pendant size 2.58 cm. He is the son of Eshu and the twin brother of the sun god, Legba. Kalfu goes by a few names: Kalfou, Carrefour, etc. During slavery in Haiti, white french masters forbade the slaves from pursuing Vodou as a religion and anyone caught practicing anyreligion other than Catholicism wereseverelypunished. You are assured that Ghedes answers will always be honest because Ghede can not lie. AMKR's operations control all of the mineral rights and surface rights needed to mine and process its estimated 2019 iron ore reserves. ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih ("AMKR") holds mineral rights over 1,383 hectares to support its operations located roughly within the borders of the city of Kryvyi Rih, 150 kilometers southwest of Dnipro, Ukraine. Again, this is Ghedes expertise, and once he has had is fill of food (and no doubt while he is still drinking, dancing and singing) he will take care of it, if hes asked just right, and given what he needs. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . The population of Kryvyi Rih is about 636,000 (2016), the area - 410 sq. Louisiana man drop dead moments after calling woman a Voodoo n*gga b*tch! Met Carrefour, also known as Maitre Carrefour, Met Kalfu, and Kalfou, is a lwa of the crossroads and so all things go through him, including all other lwa. The community will work but will not risk Kafous displeasure by bringing spirits past him. Kafou is viewed as a strong, young, muscular, tall and handsome man; whereas his twin brother got old from wisdom. H. Receive our latest updates about our products and promotions. Met Kalfou Sterling Silver Pendant TPD2827 More and more Ghede are added by Baron by the day, but some of the most common served in our Hounfo are: Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Initiation into Hounfo Racine Deesse Dereyale, Waiting At the Gate: Getting Started in Haitian Vodou, End of Year Cleansing: The Christmas and New Year Baths, Haitian Vodou and Transgenderism/Transsexuality. If someone just says Legba, they are likely referring to the more Rada (generally cooler and more stately) Legba called at the beginning of every ceremony, but Legba is legionthere is Legba nan Nago, Legba nan Petwo, Legba nan Ibo, Legba nan Kongo, Legba nan Sinigal, and on for most nations of spirits (Nasyon Gede does not have a Legbathey are their own Legba, which is another topic for another time). Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. Examples: JUPITER, JUP, JUPI, Also known as Kalfou, Kalfu, Mait Carrefour, Maitre Carrefour. FREE Returns . Kafou is the twin brother of Papa Legba, and him too control the crossroads; but unlike Legba, Kafou is very Evil and only allow the crossing of bad spirits. Community is important. This is the main characteristic that differentiate the Vodou that is practiced in Haiti and in Africa. When I have been present for work done with Kafou, it is like feeling this massivething just unfurling itself and watching you. Gran Bwa represents the rich earth . Beyond that, if you do not have the license to seek out and ask Kafou for his assistance at a crossroads, you have no way to make sure that what shows up, if anything, is what you are naming it. Legba sits at the gate, but he is not the gate itself. He can close all things in all ways until he is placated, and that can be a lengthy and costly process. Contains spam, fake content or potential malware. Legba and Kafou are brothers or twins or the incarnation of the astrological symbol of Gemini. Note: this is posted over at my Tumblr, where I do a lot of Q&A and interactionfollow me there for more regular updates. As the spirits of death they are also great healers, and if it is not someones time to die, they can heal a person no matter how close to death they may be. Lorem Ipsumis simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Why do we use it?It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. He controls all the evil spirits of the dark. H Where does the misunderstanding come from? Please mention Godchecker.com when praying to the Gods. It is important, no matter which path you are called to follow, that the advice of a priest or priestess of that path is sought. https://forms.gle/p5iiRrWMT6LmCmGf9 Wanna work with me? Each crossroad represents what choice we must make in the moment and what choices are created when we set our feet to one particular decision. Met Kalfou Sterling Silver Pendant TPD2827, Peter Stone uses the finest quality Sterling Silver in all our jewelry,offering you unsurpassed beauty and value with our exclusive designs!See the Peter Stone Difference for yourself.Details :- .925 Sterling Silver- Pendant size 2.58 cm. We might walk down a road only to find it deeply undesirable or filled with brambles we cant fight through, and backtrack to find the crossroads of our past decisiononly that is has changed and the roads stretching out from it are no longer the same as they were. Takes over the nightshift from Legba, and they do not get on well. This Niger location article is a stub. where is all the lysol? Various versions have evolved over the years, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like). It is a rarer occurrence to see Mt Kafou come down in ceremony because he is a force to be reckoned with. He is, however, usually a spirit of last resort. Met Carrefour's offering includes gunpowder, candles, the colour red, and rum mixed with gunpowder. For me, I maintain what relationship I have with Kafou by a) not bothering him and b) approaching him on his terms, which is engaging how I have been taught to. Fete Ghede at Hounfo Racine Deesse Dereyale, 2010. This is Kafou. It is the biggest city of Ukraine, which is not a regional center, a large industrial and cultural center. He goes by many, many names that denote his standing or the particular face/personality/affinity he is coming with, and he is most often greeted as Papa, an honorific in Vodou that denotes respect and the place a lwa holds in the religion and in the hearts of the, Additionally, there is a Legba for almost every. The witching hour. Spirits in Vodou are known as Loa; Catholic Saints lithographs are used to represent them. We cross thresholds and find that a door may close behind us while others open faster or slower, depending on factors we might find out of our hands. ; If you feel you need him, it may be advisable to request the services of a reputable Vodou priest or priestess (houngan; mambo) to intercede for you. Within the African Traditional Religion of Voodoo, Vudu, Vodoun, or Vodun all magic passes through the crossroads and since Met Carrefour is the lwa of the crossroads all magic passes through him. Carrefour is the sun at midnight and the moon to Legbas noonday sun. He can be an excellent resource in opening the door for someone who wishes to participate in the religion, if it is indeed the right place for them. Met Kalfou Veve Bronze Pendant ad vertisement by RadiantIndigo Ad from shop RadiantIndigo RadiantIndigo From shop RadiantIndigo. Papa Legba is a trickster: Maitre Carrefour is a trickster . Ghede delight in telling jokes just like this song, the kind of jokes that would make even a sailor blush! The phone code - + 380 56 (4), the postal codes - 50000-50479. We do it, and it inevitably throws us for a loop when the spirits show us our lack of understanding. One of the most important lwa in the reglemen of Haitian Vodou is the Master of the Crossroads, Met Kalfou. He is weakened by sunlight and strengthened by moonlight. Lots of things will be happy to take those offerings and muck around in your situation with no ritual obligation to do the work or speak the truth. (LogOut/ He is often envisioned as a young man or as a demon; his color is red and he favors rum infused with gunpowder. If a vagina had teeth it would eat roasted corn Javascript is switched off in your browser. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Is it going out of business? To purchase such goodies we suggest you try Amazon, Ebay or other reputable online stores. A mistake in his salute can open the door for him to strike back for care not being taken and proper respect not being shown. Advertisement for Famous Products Co. Van Van Oil, Excerpt from Drums and Shadows, Mary Granger, Ancestor Workshop with Houngan Liam and Houngan Alistair, A Glossary of Terms Found in the African Derived Traditions, One African Traditional Religion is Not the Same as Another. He is the director of magic both good and bad. The Ghede Lwa. 97 views, 2 likes, 2 loves, 0 comments, 2 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Felix Botanica#1: SOLD custom made met kalfou statue and altar for any custom orders DM or call 323)564-1787 10201 state. Met Kalfou is the master of the Crossroads. A mistake in his salute can open the door for him to strike back for care not being taken and proper respect not being shown. The black pig is sacred to him. He is not without his price, though, and he can be absolutely impossible to deal with if he is displeased or feels he has been cheated or not paid for his favors and blessings. Met Carrefour's offering includes gunpowder, candles, the colour red, and rum mixed with gunpowder. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. Hes the rather nasty younger brother of Ghede. Met Kalfou is not . This is the main characteristic that differentiate the Vodou that is practiced in Haiti and in Africa. Carrefour is sometimes classified among the Barons, in which context he is Baron Carrefour (French) or Bawon Kalfou (Kreyol). Legba is served at the door or the gate and, in ceremony, is saluted in a particular way that draws his influence into the temple. With all of that in mind, I am not afraid of Kafouafter all, he is key in the creation of a priestand I dont think people should be afraid of him. Met Carrefour can also open the crossroads leading a person to destruction and can cross a person's luck. Posted by hougansydney.com on Sunday, October 5, 2014. Like Loko, he is the loa of healing, knows the secrets of herbal medicine and the secrets of magic hidden in the plants. Imagine your unhappiness if someone shoved some peanuts M&Ms into your pocket. H Hoodoo, Conjure, Witchcraft, and Rootwork, https://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Met_Carrefour, About Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers. When he arrives, he may talk or occasionally he rolls around on the floor in a ball. A rather infamous story about Legba can be found in Mama Lola: A Vodou Priestess in Brooklyn by Karen McCarthy Brown. He is notoriously temperamental, like many of the Petwo lwa, and can be quick to offense and exacting and thorough with his consequences. When we move deeper into ceremony, Legba does not fall to the side; he is sung for each time a ceremony moves into a different rite or nasyon of spirits. He is a great, powerful, and potentially dangerous spirit: never summon him for trifles. If he doesnt want it, its just there and he pays it no mind. He is not an evil spirit per se but a hardened, tough one. December 24, 2012 // 0 . It can be hard to conceive of until you meet him, but he is a spirit who stretches across multiple explanations of who he is; a divinity and a place all in one. He is closely associated with black magic. This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin. Directly to your inbox. He is the lwa of the night. ); cigars; lace his food generously with hot sauce, cayenne, or habanero powder. HaitianGirlTries@Gmail.com STAY CONNECTED Twitter |Instagram | Facebook : @TheeMlle Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/theemlleInstagram: http://www.instagram.com/theemlleFacebook: http://www.facebook.com/theemlle Equipment I use:(these are affiliate links)Camera :Canon T5i - 18-55 MM STM LENShttps://amzn.to/2QlwYepLighting : 18' Neewer Ring Light https://amzn.to/2ZnBkWCEditor : Final Cut Pro X // iMovie [MAC]https://amzn.to/2Q0ww6cF A Q :Name : Yvana RomelusStage Name : Thee MademoiselleNickname : Shortyy/VavaEthnicity : Haitian Birthdate : 1/5/95Location : NJEducation : Bloomfield College Alumni 2017-ENG:Communications | Concentration - Broadcast JournalismBachelor of the ArtsFull Sail University Alumni 2019-Public Relations Master of the Arts PO BOX?Yvana Romelus OR Chronicles of a Zoe162 Elmora AveSte #224Elizabeth,NJ 07202 If someone just says Legba, they are likely referring to the more Rada (generally cooler and more stately) Legba called at the beginning of every ceremony, but Legba is legionthere is Legba nan Nago, Legba nan Petwo, Legba nan Ibo, Legba nan Kongo, Legba nan Sinigal, and on for most nations of spirits (Nasyon Gede does not have a Legbathey are their own Legba, which is another topic for another time).