Hands down I would pick Morimoto - service was amazing and i cannot describe how delicious the food was. The curry was delicious. The table placement was just very disappointing. We splurged on a Banana Foster type dessert and did not regret it. Wailea Tourism Wailea Hotels Wailea Vacation Rentals Wailea Vacation Packages Flights to Wailea Morimoto Maui; Things to Do in Wailea Wailea Travel Forum Not worth the hype, IMO. Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Of course, very expensive but we didn't care at that point. None of what he brought us were things we would have ordered, but all of the courses were amazing. Would definitely bring my family here again. Reserve a table at Morimoto - Maui in Wailea on KAYAK. california roll 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr., Wailea, HI 96753 Area Wailea Cross Street Wailea Ike Dr. Lost to the luau. Now all youre left with is a garden variety sushi restaurant. Try removing a filter, changing your search, or, 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr., Wailea, Maui, HI 96753, ten hour pork belly, rice congee, soy-scallion jus, jingle bell peppers, shishito pepper, crispy rice noodle, yellowtail on rice cooked at your table in a hot stone bowl, morimoto style chirashi - 10-12 different fish and vegetables, deep fried soft shell crab, asparagus, tobiko, avocado, scallion, spicy sauce shrimp, alaskan king crab meat, cucumber, avocado, chopped yellowtail, scallion, spicy sauce, togarashi, gin crme frache, pickled tomato, seared toro, smoked salmon, eel, tuna, hamachi, five sauces, smoked bacon, udon noodle, crispy shallot, marinated organic half chicken, roasted peppers, lobster, king crab, mussel, clam diver scallop, red miso sake broth, tajima tenderloin, hamachi maui onion, nuoc cham, deep fried soft shell crab, asparagus, tobiko, avocado, scallion, spicy sauce, caramelized ganache, cuban red bananas, lilikoi, waialua chocolate, sake caramel, 'apple banana' cheesecake, Taylor Fladgate, '10 Year Tawny', Portugal, Terra D'oro, Zinfandel Port, Amador County, "Dolce", Far Niente Winery, Late Harvest Napa Valley 2006, Ben Rye Passito Di Pantelleria Sicily, Italy 2010, toasty honey-graham aromas with a sweet chili pepper finish, fragrant chestnut and highland malt aromas with a walnut cream finish, spiced pumpkin and citrus oil aromas with a lingering tropical fruit finish. Nobody else from my party has an allergy but they were all disappointed by the food. When I asked him what that white things on top is, he answered something not understandable (I heard saffron) and disappeared from the table. Parking details Definitely on the higher end of price but we were ready to splurge and in my opinion well worth it for the food and the experience. avocado roll Thats been withdrawn. hamachi Daily 12:00 pm2:30 pm 43,313 were here. Got the ube cheesecake. A modern Japanese beach house inspired the design concept for Morimoto Maui. Private party contact Sophie Valdivia: (808) 243-4766 Location 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr., Wailea, HI 96753 Neighborhood Wailea Cross street Wailea Ike Dr. Service was excellent and responsive. saba maguro Will return next time we are in Maui. Some in our party thought while his name may be on the place and he perfected the dishes (as he does at some Morimoto's for a major fee) he might not have been behind the concept and its operations. We just couldnt wait to just finish and leave. MORIMOTO MAUI - 1919 Photos & 1047 Reviews - 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr, Wailea, Hawaii - Japanese - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Yelp Morimoto Maui 1047 reviews Claimed $$$ Japanese, Seafood, Sushi Bars Closed 12:00 PM - 2:30 PM, 5:00 PM - 8:45 PM Hours updated 2 months ago See hours See all 1929 photos Write a review Add photo Menu The luau stage had the ocean inthe background with a wonderful sunset and dancers that changed costumes all the time. The meal was truly exceptional. I mean, everything should be delicious, so why should I be told there are better dishes on the menu? Im allergic to canola oil; and when asked what could be made without canola oil, it was very disappointing to hear that canola oil is the ONLY oil used. We ended up being seated there only when I got up to inquire one more time after being seated, only to be told shed check with my server to see if it was ok with him. We had our hiking sandals on, shorts and even the same shirts. My husband is handicapped so it was helpful that they were able to transport us from the beach location to the main entrance above. We have been there several times, last time in Feb 2022 and it was outstanding. Our waiter started off with an apology for how busy he was, drinks took forever to arriveonce finally ordered. Special Mothers Day Dessert: All the high end ambience is gone. I think most restaurants draw the line about going barefoot, but that's basically it. Amazing. The food was verywell prepared and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Nicer sandals (not beach sandals) are acceptable. Appetizers: served family style to share Copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 500, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Parking details My only regret is that I did not meet Masaharu Morimoto to compliment and thank him myself. 10/10 for sure! Will be back! We enjoyed ribs, poke tacos, multiple rolls, edamame and shrimp. I've been to all three Morimoto restaurants in Vegas and Hawaii and while they all have a few unique dishes, the service is always spectacular and they are great about treating my ginger allergy very seriously and steer me towards fantastic options that can be enjoyed without ginger. The sunset views are an added bonus for thisbirthday dinner!More, Not impressed. The food was delicious and more than filling. I just wish there were some dress code about wearing baseball caps indoors. And fantastic food and drinks . tobiko Wonderful service and experience. Outdoor seating is much much better than indoors so make sure to request it when you book. The meal was one we will never forget and each course set a bar for a new level of expectation in the future. The food was great. The value was horrible. Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto creates his own modern sushi haven on the waterfront in Wailea. We tried the special desert it was wonderful. Food was delicious. 3550 Wailea Alanui Drive, Staff was very friendly but service was subpar. Cocktails like all others I have had in Maui not worthy of a second try. The chefs choice sashimi included several fish that were past their prime. Learn More There was a woman behind the check-in desk who was content to do busy work and completely ignore the guests who were waiting. Food was cold and nasty We were at a table for 2 right behind the bar, so the ambiance was not as nice as on previous visits. The same will be true for footwear. guys in long pants in restaurants are probably the waiters. Decided on a coup of miso and the fried rice. spicy tuna roll We will make an earlier reservation next time so we can see the grounds and the ocean! Chris C. said: I've been getting my sandwiches at this Kihei location on S. Kihei Rd, Haley K. said: I've now been here more then once, so this review is due. I should have just sat at the barsince it was open and didnt require reservations. My waiter was incredibly pushy. edamame I think ordering one roll each and splitting wouldve been enough for the table. I was seated at the one table outside blocked by the bar. 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr., Wailea, HI 96753. Morimoto Las Vegas Menu. Japanese, Sushi Hours of operation Daily 5:00 pm-10:00 pm Bar Fri, Sat 10:00 pm-12:00 am Phone number (702) 891-1111 Website http://www.mgmgrand.com/en/restaurants/morimoto.html Payment options AMEX, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, Visa Dress code Business Casual Executive chef Lukasz Mackowiak Private party facilities That looks so stupid. . The real standout was the sticky rib appetizers. View information about Morimoto - Maui to help decide on what to eat. fish carpaccio They took care of bill but we were looking for a nice family meal - this was not it !! Minor issue was entrees were underwhelming, but still delicious! Fantastic view and service. Cannot wait to come back. 10/10! Entree: Choice of 1: No reviews found. With uninterrupted 180-degree beach and ocean vistas are offered from nearly every seat in the restaurant and bar, further connecting guests to their environment through an intimate, relaxing experience. Morimoto Maui is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: Review: Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort in Hawaii, We traveled to Maui from Los Angeles where sushi and, 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753-9518. Wonderful service and experience. Parking and valet located within the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort The server was very friendly and had great suggestions about the menu. Sushi was the highlight. Make Restaurant Reservations. Mens may be required to wear collared shirts and dress shoes, and prohibited from wearing shorts, t-shirts or sandals. Definitely on the higher end of price but we were ready to splurge and in my opinion well worth it for the food and the experience. Go Miso Phat just up the coast for better food and bettervalue.More, Last year we stayed for 3 months in Wailea and visited almost every week this restaurant because we loved it. Available for private and semi-private events for 2-150 guests. They created a covered portion but a great view of the waterfront. Service and food were exceptional. Of course it was amazing. Get quick answers from Morimoto Maui staff and past visitors. Will return next time we are in Maui. Unique to this space is the custom corner seating, which features curved wooden exteriors and soft interiors upholstered in fabric. Dress Code. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. Specialties: Morimoto features high-quality, fresh ingredients, including locally grown fruits and vegetables, and a seasonal and ever-changing selection of seafood sourced from local waters and markets around the world. From the moment you walk-in everything is disorganized. Mahalo for a great send off to Colorado! I finally decided on the local fish. Personally, I like to bring a pair of boat shoes or canvas shoes, so I have something closed-toe to wear to dinner. The price of the food could be a little less pricey, because the portions are so small. Fish in entrees was amazingly fresh and perfectly cooked, with interesting flavors. Not so the last time I visited the restaurant. All Rights Reserved, MM Management LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Quantity of food is good just not the superior taste expected. Was expecting much higher quality fish for the location price. We went with all his recommendations and we had an amazing evening! Morimoto Maui's dress code is business casual, so guests can look and feel great. Morimoto - Maui is rated 4.6 stars by 4182 OpenTable diners. Alternatively, you may use. tai Cod wasnt as good as Nobu but that was just our opinion. We were at a table for 2 right behind the bar, so the ambiance was not as nice as on previous visits. I then hoped, that if I just remove the Maui Onion and eat the rest of the fish, I would be fine. But any way great fish food! address location 1775 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96815 (808) 943-5900 morimotowaikiki.com COMMENTS Tell as about what you wore I did not ask him for his opinion, but he felt that he had to comment on the dishes I was interested in. The table placement was just very disappointing. Yep, you're fine to go with shorts and sandals. Are you sure you want to delete this question? spicy tuna roll Amazing and authentic! My waiter was incredibly pushy. unagi Lot's of options. The tuna poke taco appetizers were really spectacular but only gives you two! It is pricey but for special occasions it is wort it. Morimoto Maui - Wailea - Maui - The Infatuation MAUI Review Morimoto Maui Japanese Wailea Perfect For: Birthdays Classic Establishment Dinner with the Parents Drinking Good Cocktails Fine Dining Outdoor/Patio Situation See And Be Seen Special Occasions $$$$ 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr, Kula View Website Earn 3X Points RESERVE A TABLE POWERED BY ebi You wont regret the sunset or food! Morimoto DRESS CODE Business Casual No restrictions on attire Jeans and tees likely OK Business casual is requested, no shorts, sandals, or athletic wear, and collared shirts for men. Morimoto Maui's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. The service, food and ambiance were on point. I wanted the beef Carpaccio, he said I should get the fish instead and get beef for my entree and if so, get the wagyu entree. I had heard a lot about this place and was hopeful for a great experience. Momosan & Morimoto Asia Waikiki Now Open at the Alohilani Resort. My wife and I went to Mama's, after doing the Twin Falls hike. Were seated outside to witness the gorgeous sunset. Morimoto - Maui is rated 4.6 stars by 4182 OpenTable diners. Does Masaharu Morimoto have a Michelin star? Lovely evening out. And they would suggest you wear "Resort Casual" or "Casual Chic". We had to double order it just to get 4 for our table. It is quite a comprehensive menu with an extensive sushi section, cold and hot appetizers, salads, soups, noodles, rice cooked to perfection, entrees, steaks, and desserts. The hotel/restaurant in general has a great vibe.More. We celebrated a Retirement with Dinner at Morimotos while in Maui. Everything was fresh and well prepared. We had to double order it just to get 4 for our table. salmon roll 808-573-1234. Our last meal on Maui could only be at Morimotos! Masaharu Morimoto Catering Please contact us directly. Recommend this place. Morimoto always serves fantastic food, with the freshest ingredients and creative presentation. We loved to sit at a table at the pool and watch the sunset during dinner. Private party facilities Available for private and semi-private events for 2-150 guests. It was divine. Standout was Tuna Poke Tacodon't miss it. Sort through reviews to find relevant experiences. salmon roll We are staying at the Andaz and we were very impressed with everything Morimoto had to offer! More often than not it's shorts and his slippah's. Would definitely bring my family here again. It was one of the best desserts we have ever eatenand we have eaten in many fine restaurants. Amazing and authentic! Fantastic service! Everything was top notch. The food and presentation was outstanding! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Appetizer ribs were good. Available for private and semi-private events for 2-150 guests. Definitely a must try. OpenTable is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services. The deep fried hoisin ribs were a huge hit with the teens and my wife and I loved the fresh fish. And share a plate of marvelous mushrooms. Additional Beer, Cocktails, Corkage Fee, Full Bar, Gluten-free Options, Non-Smoking, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Vegan, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine Featured in The location was excellent. angry chicken Appetizers were great! We dined at Morimoto specifically for the sushi, and it was delicious. Made me feel like I was being difficult and was categorically telling me that our desired location was eu g used fur staff meeting all afternoon when in fact they were just clearing away. The hotel/restaurant in general has a great vibe. was extremely overpriced and although the sushi was good and fresh, it was not worth paying their sticker prices for it. I wore jeans with a dress shirt and black leather sneakers myself. In addition I always informed the waiter about my food intolerance before I ordered. What other brands are approved? But that was a mistake, I got quite sick after that meal. The price of the food could be a little less pricey, because the portions are so small. Wailea and I reserved a table for every week. Save. I would go back again in a heartbeat despite the cost of dinner. Keep up the excellent work and we will be visiting again in the not too distant future.More, We had an excellent dinner experience at Morimoto's. Amazing. Private party contact. Location. Cod wasnt as good as Nobu but that was just our opinion. Overall I would recommend for experience and ambience. Ther service was superb. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-80650836', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Wailea and have booked several dinner reservations at some of the finer resort restaurants. Keep up the excellent work and we will be visiting again in the not too distant future. The food was tasty and overall we had a good time. Server was nice and knowledgeable. Thanks to Adam and the entire Morimoto-Maui team for providing our family with a great dinner dining experience. Service was attentive and food arrived in a timely manner. GREAT food. Overall great dining experience. +1 808-243-4766 Open for Lunch & Dinner Dress Code: Casual American Gannon's The Mushrooms were best ever had. Many of the staples from the menu have been removed (e.g. We went for a number the hot appetizers (rock shrimp tempura served in 2 different sauces, sticky housin ribs, pork belly baos) and a spicy yellowfin maki roll. If you are wondering, not every restaurant in Maui has staff that are engaging and act like they genuinely want you there and appreciate your business. Wailea Tourism Wailea Vacation Rentals sake eel avocado roll kappamaki ikura Early History of the Morimoto family. Overall good meal but not sure we would return over other choices like Nicks or Ko. Morimoto Maui's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. In the past the waiters always ensured with the cook that my food was only prepared with stuff I am allowed to eat and I could enjoy the food without any mishap. Recommend this place. Morimoto Maui, Wailea-Makena 3550 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea-Makena, HI 96753 Directions +18082434766 View Website About Morimoto Maui Cuisine Japanese, Sushi, Seafood, American, Asian Meals Lunch, Dinner Price $30-$50 Attire Casual Alcohol Available Parking Valet Free Parking Yes Takeout Yes Reservations Yes About this Business Rice was perfect. You wont regret the sunset or food! Sushi was the highlight. Morimoto // Maui Our server was very attentive and friendly. From the moment you walk-in everything is disorganized. Service was excellent and responsive. The food was tasty and overall we had a good time. Highlights : He checked on every menu item to ensure we were getting the best foods for us. Your wife should be able to gauge that ! All Rights Reserved, MM Management LLC. William our server was extremely knowledgeable about the food and chef Morimoto. While I am very excited to go back to Morimoto in the future, I would be even more excited to eat at any table where Sean is taking care of us. But unfortunately, the seating is not nice anymore, because the tables at the pool are no longer there and were not substituted by another really nice seating option. kappamaki Not even an acknowledgement to say hi and let us all know someone would be along to help soon. We dined at Morimoto specifically for the sushi, and it was delicious. Pineapple and bromeliad plants and fruits. tamago Long lag from kitchen between courses. Was expecting alot more! Wonderful menu none of our dishes disappointed. The tuna poke taco appetizers were really spectacular but only gives you two! Morimoto, who earned a Michelin star in 2008, bridged the gap between America and native Japan with his creations that combine two palates to in an impressively balanced form. He checked on every menu item to ensure we were getting the best foods for us. Many of the staples from the menu have been removed (e.g. Service, food, ambiance! (808) 243-4766 Pork was over cooked and our server didnt notice no one ate it. Entree: Choice of 1: Aloha. We had help with our order from our waiter, Ryan, because we are gluten and dairy free. Good attentive service too. Daily 5:00 pm8:45 pm. saba In 1920 there were 68 Morimoto families living in Hawaii. How common is cheating in your school? To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Definitely a must try. What about sandals (nicer flip flop style)? Morimoto // Maui (808) 243-4766 Parking and valet located within the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort 3550 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, Hawaii 96753 Get Directions +1 808-874-8000 Open for Lunch & Dinner Dress Code: Casual Japanese Morimoto Maui 1 Miles Beachfront dining with sushi & other stylish Japanese creations from Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. As for "approved brands," I would say Reyn Spooner, Newts, Tori Richard, and similar, would be fine. William our server was extremely knowledgeable about the food and chef Morimoto. View Website. Is there a measurement I should use to determine if they are too hairy? At each moment he went above and beyond any level of expectation. Our meal was extraordinary, this was in large part thanks to our waiter Sean (Shawn?). Obviously this place was expensive. The waygu carpaccio was marinated steak that was cooked, and overcooked at that!. We sat outside, but the table stuck behind the bar so we had no view to have a nice sunset dinner as planned. Wonderful dinner. I saw no sunset. Celebrated a special birthday and it was so worth it! Our waiter Mick ensured another memorable nightMore, Ive been to many of the Morimoto locations around the country including this one at the Andaz on Maui. Lovely evening out. About Morimoto Maui - Morimoto Maui GIFT CARDS AVAILABLE! Chefs Dessert offering of the day. I used Tommy Bahama as an example because it defines a certain style of dress not a brand requirement, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. It took our server a long time to take our orders and refill drinks. If you have none of that and arriving from upper Alaska it gives you a good excuse to go shopping on your first day too. Nothing special. That had 4 pieces which I highly recommend. Special Mothers Day Dessert: More about Casual Dress. OR Celebrate Mothers Day with a special Morimoto lunch accompanied with a glass of sparkling wine or a handcrafted sparkling spritzer. Not even an acknowledgement to say hi and let us all know someone would be along to help soon. Service is still good but youre better off adjusting your expectations or going elsewhere. I finally decided on the local fish. In the past few days, weve run into several other couples (one of whom resides on the island) who told us that their experience was the same as ours and that indeed the quality at Morimoto has taken a severe turn for the worse! Obviously this place was expensive. Absolutely amazing! Long lag from kitchen between courses. Dining style Casual Elegant Cuisines Asian, Japanese, Chinese Hours of operation Dinner Daily 5:00 pm-9:00 pm Phone number (808) 922-0022 Website http://www.morimotoasiawaikiki.com/ Payment options AMEX, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, Visa Dress code Resort Casual Executive chef Satoshi Kawaguchi Private party facilities OR Certainly good but not worth the $300.00 spent. A pergola offers protection from the natural elements where teak wood tables in the outdoor terrace mirror the interior restaurant design. We were lucky enough to sit outside and watch the sunset over the water. 1,222 reviews #21 of 34 Restaurants in Wailea $$$$ Japanese Seafood Sushi. Gorgeous views, spectacular sushi, truly outstanding quality in sashimi grade fish and selection. My only regret is that I did not meet Masaharu Morimoto to compliment and thank him myself. Mahalo for a great send off to Colorado! 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr. (Wailea Ike Dr.) Wailea, HI 96753. Our server, Sean, was amazing as well with spot on recommendations across the menu. Top notch service and a special mahalo to him! I have moderately hairy legs. Bit overpriced, but everything is here. Mediocre food and nothing special! Morimoto Asia Waikiki DRESS CODE Casual Dress No restrictions on attire Jeans and tees likely OK The dress code is business casual to Semi-formal. Then I thought, well the Ishi Yaki Buri Bap sounds good he replied with thats just table-side fried rice. As a woman, being told by a man what I SHOULD have was very offsetting. Not sure whats happened there, but is not the same serve as before. Our server was excellent! I ordered the pork chop and applesauce entree, only to be told to slow down on eating the edamame because it would be at least 45 minutes for that entree!