Additionally, the auto-start feature mixes the air to fuel ratio automatically very quickly. In 5 knot winds, it wasnt the wind it was the hull. The guy that runs under Clifford Slaters impressive credentials and dedication to his craft make him a trusted authority in the world of boats and fishing. Sea Fox boats are very good and reliable. My sea fox needs warranty repairs. This was usually due to poor installation or the use of bad materials. Limited Lifetime Hull Warranty. How Do Sea Fox Boats Perform when Compared with Other Brands. What it does have is a 94-quart removable cooler that doubles as a seat-but isnt a secure place to sit while running. It had a carbed 200 hp Johnson Oceanpro which was rock solid. The gel coat is isopthalic, a step above the orthothalic type seen on some entry-levels that is more prone to blistering. Not Enough Foam In Some Hulls On the Sea Hunt Owners website, the biggest single complaint has been about the level of foam in the hull, the gunwales, and around the fish boxes. Jesus made my hands very strong. With features like GPS, fish finders, and Bluetooth capabilities, youll be able to navigate and track your progress with ease. I had to keep a tube of 5200 on board just to apply to all the screws that ended up on the floor after each trip. Dont Trap Fuel in Your Boats Vent Line When installing a vent hose, avoid sags aka traps anywhere in the vent line. The gel coat in one spot by a cup holder has had issues. His commitment to staying up to date with the latest developments in the industry, combined with his deep knowledge and understanding of the subject matter, ensures that his writing is always informative and valuable. This isnt an easy process, and its not always obvious where the delamination is. Also, replace the hinges and parts that get weaker over time. Older models of Sea Fox boats were known to have broken stringers. This area will feel soft when touched, and you can use a plastic hammer to find it. Its not perfect (what boat is? WebTaking a look on the outside of the hull and seeing if the vent is even there, if it is corroded, broken, or upside down. Those are the main issues that need to be repaired. For Sea Fox, it is almost triple the norm. Therere about a dozen types of transducers working only for a single automobile or boat, and if one goes bad, itll cause havoc. But you have to keep the price in mind. 10 year hull warranty covers the construction of the hull. Sea Fox boats are durable and reliable. Does everything a 21' boat should do. I didnt like coming away with bruised ankles from the leaning posts footrest hinges or that Mercurys Smart Gauges were hard to read in sunlight. ), but for the money the 257 CC has a lot of good points. However, still, there are some troubleshooting problems that consumers should keep in consideration before, Read More Common Problems With Suzuki 115 Four Stroke outboard MotorContinue, Transducers have a revolutionary change in our day-to-day interactions with machines. The brand focuses on selling family-friendly seawater fishing boats at an affordable price range. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. I can shine a flash light in my palm and I can see light coming through in the dark. Sea Fox isnt a terrible boat, just not what you want when it gets nasty out and it I have a 2012 SeaFox 220XT with a YF150. Sea Fox boats are no exception. (Symptoms Explained)Continue, Sea hunt boat is an American boat brand that was started on its voyage in 1995 by the father and son duo Vic and Bubba Roof. He got instantly annoyed and I walked away. OK! Edited by Liz O. Baylen and Mike Benoist. You know what boat doesn't have those problems and wont break the bank? TEN-YEAR TRANSFERABLE LIMITED STRUCTURAL HULL WARRANTY: In addition to the lifetime limited structural hull warranty, Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. offers a one-time transferable ten-year structural hull warranty to a second owner only. Let me quote one person who performs custom works on Sea Fox boats. The transom also has a non-skid surface to help keep you safe while youre out on the water. The Sea Fox 368 Commander is one of the most reliable and durable boats on the market. Offering boats cheaper than most of the competitors, people often wonder how durable Sea Fox boats are. Weve gathered information on the most commonly reported Grady White problems and listed them below! April 20, 2023. Plus, the boats have a large fish box that can hold up to 30 pounds of fish and a live well that can hold up to 15 gallons of live bait. Sign in or register to get started. Use the hammer to tap around and mark off the suspect area. Storage boxes are located throughout the boat, so you can store all of your fishing gear and equipment. This isnt a brothers friends cousins roommates boyfriends opinion. Sea fox tells me that because of the, "limited lifetime warranty" that the hull splitting is not covered, I have no warranty - my problem. I would not hesitate buying one if they would raise the t-top. With the Sea Fox 257 CC, though, you pay a low price yet still get some attractive amenities. Our test numbers back up the 257 CCs excellent range-460 statute miles while cruising at 32.7 mph and 3500 rpm. Several methods can be used to repair delamination on a sea fox. Another customer thinks that Sea Hunt boats are way better than Sea Fox. This system adds strength and rigidity to the hull, which helps to prevent flexing and damage. I purchased boat from this dealership and my trade in has not been paid off. Pensacola Fishing Community and Forum Featuring Helpful Forums, Links, News, and other Resources. (Explained)Continue, Suzuki is the largest corporation for manufacturing a full line of outboard motors. Time will tell if they have gotten their act together, but for now I'm a happy customer. ME MAN! I'd buy another one. My trade in was sold two/three weeks after they took possesion of the boat. Subscribe here to get the latest updates news on all things fishing and hunting right to your inbox, Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. Not the Sea Fox per se, but it's generally a starter boat so those buying them have little experience on the water, and that translates into googanism. T-Top height shouldn't matter. The two things I already knew. Can't have people moving around while the boat is moving or you'll be playing with trim tabs a lot. I had one years ago and the ride was pretty rough, but what really sucked was picking up all the looses screws after each trip. There are five 6 stainless-steel cleats, with only one at the bow, primarily for the anchor rode. Their hull design is trademark protected and registered in the Library of Congress, this speaks volumes about their quality. And it was cheap! Neither the dealer, nor the customer, nor any service, sales, and/or warranty representative of Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. is authorized to waive and/or modify these conditions or limitations. With his extensive knowledge and expertise in boats and fishing, he has become a recognized authority in the industry. A common problem that Sea Fox owners have is the wiring. For more details regarding warranty transfer, contact Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc.s customer service department. It appeared that the boat had been used because of the scratches on hull and console, different cushions and fish smell in the live well. The good news is that gelcoat can be easily repaired with a little sanding and buffing. We aren't talking about sailing in this thread, lol. 1. Some say that you can face multiple instances of broken stringers and grid separations. That said, its important to remember that older boats will likely require more maintenance than newer models. I bought a Seafox 187CC Last May. Somebody said it's an entry level boat, and that's correct, and I don't mind flopping a bloody fish into it like I probably would for a boat twice the price. A tackle stowage compartment with room for three tackle trays is built into the helm just underneath the AM/FM/cassette player. IMHO the Seafox line is an entry level boat that you will grow out of. The 257 CC reminds me of a toy Tonka truck. I spent $ 50, 000 & I am receiving no warranty?!?! We fished off of Hampton, at the CBBT. In addition, using a dehumidifier on your boat while in storage will also help to prevent growth. The Gelcoat is a clear coating that is applied to the boat to protect it from UV damage and fading. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. The solidly made T-top also sported an optional electronics box ($750). This 10-year LOA: 32 ft. Beam: 10 ft. 8 in. In fairness, though, we had no electrical problems during our four months of testing. The cockpit floor is nonskid and self-draining. If you want to stay in the bay and hit the sandbars, go ahead. One day he will listen to me. Sea Fox boats are good and reliable, and they come with Yamaha outboards. They have also started to offer a warranty on the stringers so that owners can feel confident that their boat is properly built. They will be happy to help you with the repair process. People often wonder if Sea Fox boats are good and reliable? TEST BOAT POWER: Twin 150-hp Mercury Optimax V-6 outboards with 153 cid, 3.50 bore x 2.65 stroke, swinging 143/4 x 19 three-bladed aluminum props through 1.87:1 reductions. okay that is what I wanted to know thank you for your input will not get a seafox! This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. With the fill port cap off. OPTIONAL POWER: Twin Mercury outboards to 400 hp total. I work for Sea Fox Boat Co. and would be glad to be of Have you seen the new SeaFox? The guy that runs under your kites, 75% chance a sea fox, the guy who's car ends up in the drink at the ramp, 64.2% chance a sea fox, the guy run aground 82% chance sea fox. I looked at one a buddy bought. Among these problems is Gelcoat blistering, a condition in which the resin separating from the fiberglass cloth can lead to structural and cosmetic problems. Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. reserves the right to change or improve the design of its boats without obligation to modify any boat previously manufactured. I have a buddy who is looking at a 266 with 2 150 yamahas and he ask me to see if I could get some feedback from anyone on the forum. I LOVED the price. He's only 5'5". Stringers are an important part of the hull and deck support. When I finally received the boat and went to view it at the dealer, the cushions were different from what I saw at the boat show, much cheaper looking. Comparing both, he liked the 2008 model more because of its better hull construction. So, if you own an older model Seafox boat, dont worry too much. They are offering boats with good build material and specs at a very reasonable price. A new layer of gelcoat can be applied to the boat but it is a very costly and time-consuming process. Because of this, some boaters expect them to have more problems than other boats. Sea Fox boats are built with tough, marine-grade fiberglass hulls that are designed to withstand the rigors of saltwater use. Llam inmediatamente el Mar Zorro y ellos me dijeron, "stos son nuevos cojines, los viejos estn agotados" Cuando tomamos el encogimiento envuelve lejos del barco, haba rasguos POR TODAS PARTES. Standing flat-footed at 62, my head was level with the bottom of the portmost launcher. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. If you dont want opinions, the internet is not for you. It's an entry level boat. The boat does it's job. Are Sea Hunt Boats Good & Reliable Enough To Own? When compared to other center console and dual console boats Sea Fox performs exceptionally well. I've never posted on a forum before but thought it was necessary to The 257 CC proved to be a deft-handling boat for a 25-footer, a fact we established during an afternoon of aggressive tubing. The 368 COMMANDER is also fitted with a GPS system, which is perfect for navigating unfamiliar waters. It wont rattle. :shrug. The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customers satisfaction. His articles and books are widely read by fishing enthusiasts and professionals alike, and his insights are highly valued by those seeking to improve their skills in the field. Overall, the Sea Fox 257 CC is a great boat for the price. Web0:00 / 1:33 SeaFox Hull Truth JSW Powersports 1.28K subscribers 1 Share 4.3K views 11 years ago This video is copyright to SeaFox. (c) Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will not be responsible to repair any condition or replace any part, (1) if the use of the boat is continued after the defect is or should have been discovered; and (2) if such continued use causes other or additional damage to the boat or component parts of the boat. The hull-to-deck joint is sealed with 3Ms 5200 sealant and screwed.The hullsides and deck never flexed or rattled during our season of use. The hull-to-deck joint is sealed with 3Ms 5200 sealant and screwed.The hullsides and deck never flexed or rattled during our season of use. Such a level of depreciation is not seen in other brands. The transom and the deck are reinforced with Klegecell composite panels and the plastic fuel tank is glassed in place. Stress cracks can occur almost anywhere, from around screw holes to the middle of the deck. not starting out just wanted to know thank you. This is especially true if the boat is left in the sun for long periods of time. (Symptoms Explained). Fit and finish left alot to be desired. This can cause the hull to swell and eventually lead to delamination. It requires repairing the Gelcoat after a certain period of usage. $82,700. The hull construction and most parts of the interior are strong enough to last several years. There is a reassuring fact that has made lots of people invest in this brand. Sea Fox is now offering a lifetime warranty for their hull in the latest models. Older models are covered by only 10 years. Just a simple question. Any boat without proper maintenance will have problems. After taking the boat to the dealer three times for many stress cracks, they took the boat back to the factory to replace the hull because my hull was splitting, it took 8 months to get the boat finally back, and the boat came back a mess! Their goal is to build, Read More Are Sea Hunt Boats Good & Reliable Enough To Own?Continue, Hydra Sport Brand is one of the most innovative builders of center console fishing boats, and even the brand has delivered some most unique boat models with its 3500 VX and 4100 boat models. I can tell you one thing for certain. Produced by Will Reid and Michael Simon Johnson. Sea Fox boats are known for their excellent resale value. This can lead to cosmetic damage as well as structural problems if left unchecked. The stainless-steel As to the porpoise at speed, I notice it'll trim out and no porpoise. A second one up here would make tying off in a slip a lot easier. However, proper maintenance and repairs could have prevented this from happening in the first place. Something is wrong here.. Mako Boats Reviews: Are They Good And Reliable? Plus, the boat has a stereo system with Bluetooth connectivity. Hull crazing is a spiderweb-like pattern of cracks that can appear on the surface of the hull. No rigging tubes, wires hung or layed in the bottom of the hull. So you might want to stay aware regarding how to tell if a transducer is bad or not. Hosted by Sabrina Tavernise. Clifford Slaters impressive credentials and dedication to his craft make him a trusted authority in the world of boats and fishing. The hull isnt a pounder and it doesnt surprise you with odd quirks in a turn. Stay away from this company! The hull is reinforced with a full-length stringer system. It would help if you first examined the bulkhead to properly diagnose stress cracks in your Sea Fox. Well God definitely didn't make a Sea Fox, and I'm quite well aware of gravity's effects, if the hull is designed properly, it won't slap, but you may not know the difference or even what a quality boat looks like if you're defending a sea fox. Especially the Suzuki 115 4 stroke outboard motors are designed to maximize fuel economy and performance with its largest reduction gear ratio for top-end speed and quick acceleration. Most of the customers are happy with the features and specs of Sea Fox boats. Yamaha is a well-known and respected brand in the boating industry, and their outboards are some of the best on the market. And Mercurys Smart Gauges were difficult to read, even more so after bashing my head on one of the optional T-tops rocket launchers. The idea is to let the first owner take the hit of depreciation and you get a great boat without spending much. The transom core may be cracked or broken. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. (d) Based on the dealers knowledge of Sea Fox Boat Company Inc.s warranty policy and/or consultations with Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc., the dealer will accept the claim and arrange for appropriate repairs to be performed, or deny the claim if it is not within the warranty. A good area will have a solid tone, while a delaminated one will sound dull. I like them. I am running into a wall with an issue that I have with my 2020 268cc Commander. Plus, you can stay connected to your friends and family while youre out on the water. I have an 06 20' which I use in the lower Keys. Bubbafett, when were you looking and how old were the boats you were looking at? The series aims to determine the best new hull shape with shape variations that can run at high speeds without any pre-planning. Check us out on Instagram. Is anyone having trouble with experiencing hull cracking problems with their Seafox hulls I have a 2001 192 Center Console Bay style. Manage Settings Those who are not hardcore fishermen will surely like the specs and performance of a Sea Fox boat. It is not a piece of official information but a calculated assumption after reading hundreds of user feedback on different models. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. STANDARD POWER: Single 225-hp Mercury EFI V-6 outboard. The build quality is average; not great. Older Sea Fox boats were notorious for this problem but it has been fixed in newer models. Wed settle for the salty sea axe class. The electrical is meager at best. Rinker Boats Reviews: Are They Good and Reliable? To be clear, any sea fox is much nicer than my boat, I have none lol. It held up fine during the season, but could lead to problems down the road. Fuel: 311 gal. Boss had one, it was a POS, then again the guy never did a **** thing to take care of it. As does the console with a head compartment that provides plenty of room for sitting. Either contact your local dealer or mail to the company. En la JAN 2009 compr un Zorro del Mar 236 Consola Central en la exposicin del barco. With his extensive knowledge and expertise in boats and fishing, he has become a recognized authority in the industry. It is just a matter of time. This versatile fishing boat is perfect for all levels of fisherman. Lots of anglers prefer this brand and like to buy a used model to save some money. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. I tried to warn him. 2. Stringers Coming Loose. (Explained), Common Problems With Suzuki 115 Four Stroke outboard Motor, How To Tell If A Transducer Is Bad? They are built to last and can withstand almost any type of weather condition. Apr 20, 2015 (Edited) I have a 2003 seafox 237 with twin 90's. One of the most important aspects of a boats durability is its hull. Sea Fox boats are some of the most reliable boats on the market. A proper survey is necessary to determine the extent of damage and what needs to be done. You can visit different forums and read the reviews of industry experts. Cant beat the price. Waiver of any portion of this limited warranty shall not be construed as a waiver of any other portion or all of this limited warranty. This is usually due to water getting inside the hull and causing the layers to delaminate. The helm bench has a flip-down footrest and a nice wraparound rail to give standing passengers something to grab. (The optional CD player costs $350. It has similar styling to the Sea Fox, with a Euro-transom and a head in the console, but its built with a little more finish-details that appear in areas such as the anchor locker, wiring, and battery mounting. Sometimes warranty would cover it but it was a big inconvenience for the owner. Sea Fox boats are very popular among boaters and fishermen alike. ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. Sea Fox boats are entry-level boats. Electrical connectors are prone to corrosion and can cause shorts in the system. Its built with a rugged fiberglass hull that can withstand even the roughest conditions. I know it depends on the motor but how is the boat itself? Sea Fox boats are unquestionably excellent and dependable vessels. Cundo yo por ltimo recib el barco y fui a verlo en el comerciante, los cojines fueron diferentes de lo que vi en la exposicin del barco, mirar mucho ms barato. However, the following are some of the more common problems to look out for or to consider before making that purchase: 1. I like the family features: big console compartment and transom door. Claim it and get a lot of features. I tried to tell him yesterday. No matter what the size of your Sea Fox boat, its guaranteed to be durable. Max Power: 700 hp. My buddy ended up selling it. Despite being good in overall build quality and performance, the Sea Fox boats dont have the resell value like its customers. Yes, Sea Fox boats are still in production. The cover also has a built-in tie-down system to keep it secure while youre on the road. seafoxboats.com. Sea Fox boats can last a long time if you take good care of them. My other boat is a 25' Hydra Sports. Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. shall in no way be responsible for any repairs not PRE-AUTHORIZEDby Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. or repairs performed by a repair shop not PRE-AUTHORIZEDby Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. One serious problem was that it was nose heavy when not carrying a load of SEALs and equipment. The selling dealer or Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will repair or replace the fiberglass hull if it is found to be structurally defective in material or workmanship within the first 10 years after date of delivery to the original retail purchaser. To see more, watch the video of the Sea Fox 328 Commander test ride. The boat tracks straight at idle speeds, which helps while trolling. Hull delamination was a common problem with Sea Fox boats. Stress cracks can also be caused by the hull flexing. When you are riding on the boat in rough weather, the sound of slamming hard by big waves may force you to think that it is going to break into pieces. I like the lifetime hull warranty. This means that they are not the most expensive or luxurious boats on the market. This process uses atmosphere pressure to scrimp the laminate. If you notice this, you should call your boat dealer and ask for advice. For any boat you need to look from bow to stern maybe get a survey if used. I drill holes in them, crawl thru them, and re-rig new electronics lights act on them. Why Your Car Runs Worse After Changing Spark Plugs? Part of the deal was that they would pay off the boat 30 days after I took delivery of the new boat, which I Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. Large well-built parts, no bells or whistles to break off if it gets banged around, and lots of fun to play with. Cliffords passion for boats and fishing is evident in his writing, and his readers appreciate the depth of his expertise and his ability to communicate complex topics in an engaging and accessible way. First, if you cant remove it, you can use the vacuum bagged, Depending on the age of the sea fox boat, delamination can occur in the transom core. The company has a good reputation for building high-quality boats that are designed to last. Many products featured on this site were editorially chosen. This complaint was posted by a verified customer. It was the 26 ft, had twin Zukes. WebWhat you really need to do is actually look at a SeaFox and make an informed decision from there. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. So what separates this boat from the $90,000 center consoles of the world? I thought it was an ok boat. You should also know how to deal with stress cracks in the gunnels of your Sea Fox boat if you have them. When one is considering buying a brand-new boat, Sea Hunt offers the most options within the budget. (e) The dealer will contact the Sea Fox boat owner regarding instructions for delivery of boat or part for warranty repair if it is covered by the limited warranty. But if you take good care of your boat and keep an eye out for problems, you should be able to enjoy it for many years to come. Some of these options include a trolling motor, fishfinder, and GPS system. If you take good care of your boat, it will last for many years to come. Fortunately, Sea Fox has addressed most of these issues, and newer models are built using more durable materials and better installation techniques. Very thin hulls, I have a buddy who bought a 2013 22' viper model and through the anchor locker you can actually shine a flash light and see it through the hull. Even older Sea Fox boats can be kept in good condition with relatively little effort. Continue with Recommended Cookies. No yealing. The settlement with Dominion Voting Systems was a final twist in a case that exposed the inner workings of the most powerful voice in conservative news. I also make my living working on them and for the money are well made!. And in some cases, the stringers are even backed by the manufacturers warranty. Do it right on deck with the standard raw-water washdown system. A Bonnier LLC Company. Whether youre an experienced angler or a beginner, the 368 COMMANDER will be able to meet your needs. I fished on one for a tournament for two days. It required Gelcoat repairing. Also came with a very nice Suzuki 115 4-stroke and would not hesitate to recommend the NEWER Sea Fox boats. First, if you cant remove it, you can use the vacuum bagged technique. I especially liked the recessed hydraulic trim tabs. I have a 2003 seafox 237 with twin 90's. This is a very costly repair but with newer Sea Fox models, you wont have to worry about it. One common problem that Sea Foxowners have is stress cracks on the gunnels. MSRP: $255,000 (w/ twin Yamaha F350s) Sea Fox Moncks Corner, South Carolina 843-761-6090. This was a common problem that happened due to the wear and tear of the boat. Sea Fox boats are designed for durability and long-term use. There is a reassuring fact that has made lots of people invest in this brand. When I walked into the boat, I didnt know if I was on a boat or a jump house. But it has a speckle-finished sole compared to the Sea Foxs molded diamond-pattern nonslip, and the Dusky has a rougher ride because of its flatter running surface. Within 6 or 7 years, the price of Sea Fox boats can fall up to 70% of its retail value. The good news is that Sea Fox has fixed this problem in newer models by using a different type of stringer material. Its not a deep-vee that does the You can use Sea Fox boats in open water without worrying because they are made for both freshwater and saltwater use. Once youve determined the extent of the delamination, you can discuss the recommended repairs with your marine surveyor. You can hear the water slap echoing from the bow to the stern and it can slam really hard in rough water and sound like it's about to break in two. Web1. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. The stringer system also helps to reduce noise and vibration, making for a more comfortable ride. Still, many people often ask whether they can trust the brand and are Hydra sport boats reliable enough to invest their, Read More Are Hydra Sport Boats Good & Reliable Enough To Own?Continue. A follow-up survey will ensure that the, In some cases, severe delamination is easy to spot. Clifford has made it a point to regularly visit popular fishing destinations such as Florida and other places in the USA to stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques in the field. LIMITED GENERAL WARRANTY: In addition to the above hull warranties, Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser of this boat, if purchased from an authorized Sea Fox dealer, that Sea Fox Boat Company, Inc. will repair or replace any parts found to be defective in materials or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of delivery, subject to all limitations and conditions contained herein. If they are not properly secured, it can cause the deck to become unbalanced and start to sag over time. With the hole facing towards the sky allowing water to get into it. I love it and have had no major issues with it. They are built with high-quality materials and craftsmanship. Mar 6, 2007. Yes, Sea Fox supports all of its customers by ensuring necessary parts for their older models. The common failure, Read More How To Tell If A Transducer Is Bad? Cheap is an understatement. But when it came to the detail work, Sea Fox said whoa. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. They used to be prone to breaking due to wear and tear, which caused the top half of the boat to be completely re-built.