Florida has to be a leader in allowing new technologies to emerge. 25% of our users found rental cars at Miami Airport for $44 or less, Book your rental car at Miami Airport at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price. Discover Turo, the world's largest car sharing marketplace Where From Until Home Rent cars United States - Miami Beach, FL Top rated cars in Miami Beach, FL Hyundai Elantra 2017 5.0 (121 trips) All-Star Host $38/day Polaris Slingshot 2021 5.0 (50 trips) All-Star Host $85/day BMW 4-Series 2021 5.0 (80 trips) All-Star Host $299/day Will choose another rental company if visiting miami again. There was some initial confusion as to where to pick up the car, as the service provider is not represented in the Miami car rental facility but the airport transport was convenient and comfortable. DO NOT RENT FROM HERE! The transition was smooth, and while I might not have mistaken it for a brand-spanking-new car fresh off the lot, it was in every bit as fine a shape as anything I've ever rented from Avis or Hertz. It is also highly encouraged not to meet in person and instead, hosts should set up remote key handoffs via lockbox or via digitally upgrading to Turo Go if you're located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or San Diego. Dorchester Miami Beach Hotel & Suites. Even though i made a reservation, they put me on a 3 hour waiting list when I arrived to pick up the car. He covers local, state and federal politics and space news across much of Central Florida. Nobody provided any information on where to pickup/drop off the car. (15), Turo is the worlds largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from local hosts across the US,(16), Oct 25, 2021 The pandemic has wreaked havoc in the rental car industry, leading to a shortage Travelers waiting to pick up cars at the Miami airport,(17), A rental car from Enterprise Rent-A-Car is perfect for road trips, airport travel, or to get around town on the weekends. We were upgraded to a 4Runner that got us safely and comfortably 1600 miles in 6 days. They have hidden fees, security depots, and insurance requirements that are not disclosed at the time of purchased . Customers that would like to rent a car from Miami Airport will need to provide a few different documents, such as a drivers license that has been issued by the government and that remains valid for the entire duration of your rental period. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. I paid for a vehicle that was supposed to be a Land Rover Discovery or similar and I got a Nissan. $120. Dive into our unlimited Sunday brunch featuring rodizio, read more, Craving a juicy steak? I am really disappointed with you! Helpful staff who were willing to acquaint me with the car. This marks a big milestone for Turo in South Florida, as it clears the runway for travelers to book cars directly from Turo hosts and land in the drivers seat right after their flights into MIA. Its a huge business, and its very lucrative for the airport. Each day, we highlight the cuisine of a different Latin American country, and serve our takes on regional favorites for lunch and dinner. Felt real shady. Even if you're not the adventurous type, Turo offers a convenience you don't get with any of the big rental companies, and that makes all the difference. There was ONE, not two, but ONE staff working. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Email: [emailprotected] St. Petersburg, Florida 33704. Delivered to you. Whether you're looking to get out of town in style, tear out into the wilds, or just avoid the line at Hertz, Turo and its peer-to-peer model may be the solution to your woes. The rental agent he made everything seems so comfortable very knowledgeable just an amazing experience. We tried to cancel and were unsuccessful. Save yourself the stress, and maybe the loss of your cool, and try Turo out at the airport. There was 1 employee managing the desk (who was working hard), but it was too much for 1 person. Blindsided with requirement to purchase commercial insurance that was more than half the cost of the rental. and our Lost my money!!!!! Having lived in a camper van in a past life, I'm all too eager to jump at the chance to relive it whenever I can. (23), Oct 4, 2021 Whereas traditional car rental companies have locations at airports and some outposts in cities, Turos cars are available wherever there(24), Feb 16, 2022 Discover how Turo differs from other rental car platforms and how to use it including car rentals from Miami Airport, Houston Airport,(25), Paid $48 for him on top of the already charged Turo airport fees for this exact thing Using Turo is slightly more work than a rental car but there is no(26), Jan 12, 2021 Basically the Airbnb of the car rental industry, the Turo app to meet the customer at the airport or another agreed upon location. When I arrived there were hidden charges that were never mentioned when booking. Turo, the worlds largest peer-to-peer car-sharing marketplace, announces its launch at Miami International Airport (MIA). Their store is in a shady side street away from the airport. Didn't have the car I reserved or even the type of car and then charged me too much for the downgraded car. Learn more. Not happy at all,(46), (1)Convertible Car rentals near Miami, FL Turo, (2)Turo Host Delivery Miami airport Reddit, (3)Turo car rental Miami Forum TripAdvisor, (4)Enjoy sunny Miami when you choose to travel in a car rental , (5)Top 10 Best Turo Car Rental in Miami, FL Yelp, (6)Turo Review 2021: Cheap Car Rental Alternative Insider, (7)Turo Miami has always been one of Turos largest | Facebook, (8)My Turo Car Rental Review (I Actually Tried It!) Still waiting for refund.. They refused to honor the type of vehicle for the price that was the car class that we chose online. Having access to peer-to-peer car sharing at MIA is a win-win for travelers and Floridians, and a big leap toward Turos vision of enabling anyone anywhere to find the perfect vehicle for their next adventure.. If they can take payment by Android or Apple pay or type c card manually. Waited way too long at pick up. They didn't want to accept my insurance coverage even if I had proof wanted to charge me an extra $15 a day to have insurance with their associates making the total cost more expensive than other rental car companies. This marks a big milestone for Turo in South Florida, as it clears the runway for travelers to book cars directly from Turo hosts and land in the driver's seat right after their flights into MIA. Turo is a peer-to-peer service along the lines of Airbnb or Vrbo, but for vehicles. That's where Turo comes in. Very easy to get to the car. In addition to it being just plain hard to find a rental right now, prices have skyrocketed in some cases to as high as $700 per day. Add in a robust wine list and acclaimed desserts, and you have a restaurant fit for every appetite. Ended up walking out and renting at Avis instead which was so much better. Shuttlefare.com, Read Customer Service Reviews of turo.com Trustpilot. The car was not great. Also, a big issue in the legislative debates over Uber and Airbnb, with the potential to emerge in the car-sharing business, is the home rule argument. Terrible customer service and even worse communication. The rental car company at Miami Airport is open 24h a day and provides a selection of amenities for customers, such as public restrooms. The signs for the drop off area are not easily visible, i went to the third floor by mistake an was told Enterprise was on the first floor so having to exit drive around and renter the garage was annoying. GOAA has explicit rules for ground transportation operations and rules that forbid commercial businesses from operating in any way on airport property without a permit, including in a parking garage or at a passenger-pickup curb. The website (also an app) allows you to connect with individual owners who set their own prices, and to some degree, their own terms and conditions. Everything was smooth with no issues. Terrible experience and shouldn't be on your platform. After I calmed her down it was fine. Finding the rental car agency was difficult. Turo says the airport doesnt understand what is going on. Android Authority, (41)Can I Rent a Car in Miami if Im Under 21? You might luck out, but add the cost of a car rental to that. I was kept waiting at the airport for over an hour without a phone. Person in the garage claimed, that it shouldnt be there. I've tried the service twice and found it to be an excellent and affordable car rental alternative. We dont have parking lots of black asphalt with cars on them, Peacock said. Cities, counties, and other local authorities argue for local regulation, contending that they know whats best for their communities and that the Florida Constitutions home rule provisions set that belief as the intent and spirit of Florida law. There was a slow line when arrived but thats understandable but when picked up the car noticed it was barely cleaned found small toy on the back and a box of multiple pills, can imagine it was never desinfected, not even following covid protocols, had to stor at the nearest gast station to do so. I was very happy with the Camaro and am not complaining, but thought it should be known that I did get the car on the website, All I did was quickly drop off the van at Miami airport but the man I spoke with was super friendly and the location was where they said it would be, Signage to return to airport gates to pick to companions, That orher unit use ther name and do a bad job. Other people were frustrated and unhappy. (which is not true as Florida does not have a requirement). Tried to cancel booking via phone and it didnt cancel so I had to cancel again via link so got charged $100. It has lots of toll roads. Car was smelling with cigarettes so we requested replacement, and we got lower standard dirty inside (but not smelly) car instead. As an alternative, some travelers are looking for cheaper car rentals or last-minute options via peer-to-peer rental services. By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Were not going to tolerate it, said GOAA Board ChairmanFrank Kruppenbacher. It should go without saying that no one ought to rent (or drive) a vehicle outside of their comfort capabilities. Turo allows vehicle owners ("hosts") to rent out their own vehicles on the Turo . The agent advised they dont extend amd I would need to return rental and then start over in rental process. Hidden insurance fee for all drivers. net. Enter an airport or city. Granted, this is a special occurrence, and so long as you're not renting a classic vehicle with a manual transmission, you probably won't be put to the test. Orlando has offered Turo the chance to apply for a permit to operate as a rental-car company. Dried vehicle after washing Less sales pressure at the counter, Long line at the counter, at least an hour wait. Check Flight + Hotel Packages on Priceline. But he left open the possibility. Award-winning Chef Richard Sandoval's restaurants feature a recurring theme: the mixing of Latin ingredients with global techniques to create original menus. Forcing to take an unnecessary insurance (SLI) for 30$/day (even after presenting our private us car insurance with apparently to low coverage). If you buy them, we may get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our partners. This did not make sense to me and would be an inconvenience. Use this handy guide to MIA from AutoSlash, the #1 site for cheap car rentals. The conditions of the car was very deteriorated, The process of checking in and out is not efficient enough. Charged me an extra $100 without my permission. There are cars available on Turo at convenient locations near hundreds of airports. Best of all, I was fully prepared with all my insurance documents to prove that I had car insurance (to avoid their $49/day) car insurance charge (yes, that's a real number) and they still charged me $12.99 a day for "Owner car insurance administration charge". You can find Turo's full policies and tips for staying safe here. The airport shuttle took over an hour to pick us up for the five minute drive off site. On dec 30st there were 4 people!! With Turo, you can participate in the world's largest car-sharing network. We ended up cancelling and spending less on Ubers for the three days we spent there. Some companies at Miami Airport will allow you to drop your vehicle off even outside of business hours. In Orlando, Peacock said, the airport has been running sting operations to catch its car-owner clients. Specialties: Toro Toro cultivates dining into a unique, and sexy experience that speaks to Latin America's celebration of food and Miami's lust for life. Book #miamibeach #southbeach. I do not want a credit card. Turo has also updated its policies and guidelines to help ensure safety. $25.00. You can also now earn a little (quasi-)passive income renting your own wheels out, too. Hotel. We have to be open to new technologies, especially in our largely taxpayer-funded platforms.. With this launch, MIA joins a dozen Florida airports offering designated areas for peer-to-peer car-sharing exchanges to its passengers. And the secure offered by Allianz didnt apply to me. Rude service, barely speaking English. (1), Sep 25, 2021 hey guys, I live 45 mnts from Miami airport sometimes I have to deliver a car at 6 am or 12 am, its exhausting. The CDC has stated that fully vaccinated people may safely travel in the US. Nothing. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. In some cases, police have swooped in with citations in hand just as renters were picking up cars. Search and find Miami Airport rental car deals on KAYAK now. If you want to make sure that you dont get caught in any traffic, try to avoid picking up and returning your vehicle during rush hour, which usually falls between the hours of 7 and 9 am and 3 and 7.30 pm. Peacock also charged that airports may be shortsighted, perhaps irresponsibly so, when they invest huge sums, as GOAA currently is doing, in expanding rental-car facilities without first seriously considering how emerging business models like car-sharing could impact the future. The would not accept my auto insurance card, they wanted the declaration page. FIRST AND LAST TIME WITH THIS COMPANY. This works efficiently at airports, where millions of people are getting off airplanes and considering their options from there: taxi, Uber, bus, traditional rental cars, or cars from someone they met on the internet. Everyone was very friendly! Email us at reviews@insider.com. Theyve been doing that in Florida for about six years now. (44), Explore the highways and byways of Myrtle Beach in Malias Chevrolet Malibu on Turo, where you can book the perfect car for your next adventure,(45), Zillow has 293 single family rental listings in Tampa FL matching. No hidden surprises or charges and the pick-up was easy and flawless. This was a scam. Got a choice of the color of the car, My car options were limited to the very similar car. In essence, our $343 rental was upwards of $500. $25.00. The Miami International Airport (MIA) Rental Car Center is easily accessed upon your arrival by taking a connecting shuttle bus from the MIA Mover station, located on the 3rd level between the Dolphin and Flamingo garages. Allow our personalized menu & service leave a lasting impression on your guests for your event. Were thrilled to be launching at Miami International Airport and expanding our presence in the Sunshine State, said Turo CEO Andre Haddad. Those pesky extra fees. My reservation said I got all ensurance we needed, and because of it and the competitive price I decided this time to make the reservation with you!!! GOAA has declined, charging that the company is, in fact, simply running a car-rental operation. In a state with 120 million tourists, we should focus on the desires of the tourists coming here. That brings the total of rental car surcharges to $4.50 per day plus 6 percent sales tax. Car was dropped off an hour late and we were charged for an extra day, Customer service was great. Granted, just as with Airbnb, you'll see some variation on a case-by-case basis. I paid for a mustang(similar car) and got a Camaro. Whether youre looking for an exotic car to drive along the beautiful South Florida coast or a family-friendly SUV, Turo has something for everyone. So I didnt take the car. It has become a real issue, and were probably going to move to the next step, which is litigation., They sent us a cease-and-desist letter, and we responded with, Surely youre confused; thats not what we do. We rented car in Miami. You end up at fly-by-night joints like this. im still learning as a host(2), Apr 21, 2022 Answer 1 of 2: Any one have any experience with Turo? Of course, those who have a little money to burn could also pick up a Ferrari in California ($539/day), but insurance through Turo on such premium cars will run you upwards of $100 per day. Drive-up and leave the key in the vehicle. In front of us is undoubtedly the(13), If the host lives closer to your drop-off location than the airport, Im not sure why renting a car before the Turo app was seemingly in the dark ages(14), Aug 3, 2017 Skip the rental car counter and book anything from daily drivers to pickup BMW M4 Luxury Car Rental, Luxury Cars, Turo, Large Cars, Bmw M4. Shuttlefare.com, (26)Read Customer Service Reviews of turo.com Trustpilot. Book your trip today on Turo and enjoy the ride! Discover Turo, the worlds largest car sharing marketplace. Drop-off was quick and easy and I didn't have to worry about missing my flight despite being strapped for time. As you start approaching the airport, there will be signs that will help to guide you to the return area. Airport terminal hours are(31), Nov 24, 2020 People are turning to rental cars in droves, which is driving up demand and diminishing availability. Neighborhood. $90.00. GOAA has sent Turo a cease-and-desist letter. The staffing!! Heard plenty of people getting upset with the employees over not having the car they reserved, paying more than anticipated, etc. The zest of downtown and the heat of the city are rooted in Richard Sandoval's contemporary Pan-Latin concept where shareable plates, carefully crafted cocktails, and a daring ambiance encourage guests to get a little closer. sightDOING, (9)Car Rentals in Florida from $5/day Kayak, (10)My experience with Kyte, the rental car startup that brings the , (11)The Airbnb of Cars: Use Turo to Save on Your Car Rental, (12)Turo: 5 Things To Know About the Cheap Car Rental Service, (13)Pros and Cons of Turo Car Rental for Travellers, (15)Pin on Miami Luxury and exotic car rentals Pinterest, (17)How to Deal With the Rental Car Crunch The New York Times, (18)Miami Car Rental Cheap Rates | Enterprise Rent-A-Car, (19)Turo Art (@turo.arturo) Instagram photos and videos, (20)$37 Car Rental Turo Reserve Expedia, (21)8 Things You Need To Know Before Booking with Turo, (22)Rental Car Shortage Workarounds Consumer Reports, (23)8 Turo Alternatives For Renters & Owners Ridester.com, (24)Turo Car Rental Review: Everything You Need to Know, (25)Turo Review: Is It Worth It? (27)Renting Your Car on Turo: Can You Earn $700 Monthly Income? Turo is revolutionizing the transportation industry and has seen tremendous success due to its user-friendly mobile features that make the peer-to-peer car sharing process a breeze. Upon pick up, we noticed accident damage along the passenger side of the vehicle. If you need a rental car for just one day, Turo is definitely cheaper, with car rental options that start at just $25. Hidden fees. The company allows private car owners to rent out their vehicles Is Turo cheaper than renting? NEVER in my long history of renting cars have I ever been forced to take the insurance of the rental agency and/or show an insurance ID when I declined such insurance. Email him at [emailprotected]. See all Turo car, van, and camper rentals, The Ocean Handbook: The Ultimate Handbook of Nautical Knowledge, Learn more about how our team of experts tests and reviews products at Insider, Learn more about how we test kitchen products. My advice is that the rental car companies start like the airlines giving more information about the places to get a car and to drop off. It was simply an amazing experience. You cant drop your keys off without standing in a 30m line. Skip the Convertible car rental counter in Miami, FL book and drive cars from trusted, local hosts on Turo, the worlds largest car sharing marketplace. About Orlando International Airport (MCO) delivery Turo has a delivery agreement with Orlando International Airport (MCO) This agreement includ. Drop off was incredibly ambiguous- took me 10 mins to find another renters employee and confirm the drop off procedure. Review your eligibility for Turo Go, and see how to host effectively using Turo Go. These guys ware your time at the airport. Depending on what your preferences are, there are quite a few different models for you to choose from for your car rental at Miami Airport. Car rental companies are paying Orlando International a projected $99 million in fees this year, the airports second-biggest source of revenue behind airlines fees, and not by much. Let AutoSlash Track Your Car Rental for Price Drops. Florida Politics is a statewide, new media platform covering campaigns, elections, government, policy, and lobbying in Florida. While this gets resolved, it may be smarter to choose non-airport locations for Turo exchanges to avoid any potential hiccups. $120. They do that because you know you're in the middle of nowhere at their storefront. Ease of pickup and return process. Plug in your email address or sign up through your Facebook or Google account, put in a few personal details, and you'll receive a confirmation email to prove your identity and eligibility as a driver (license required). Got a great car at a great price. simply a means of getting from Miami International Airport down to a beach house rental in(6), Miami has always been one of Turos largest markets, and its only getting Bad experience I rent the car for unlimited mileage and the host was calling(7), Oct 27, 2021 Find out what its like to rent from a private owner through Turo app. Is Toro Toro currently offering delivery or takeout? Agreement guidelines and restrictions Miami International Airport MIA allows dropoffpickup at Dolphin Parking Garage Flamingo Parking Garage MIA Palm Beach International Airport. Finding the return was equally difficult. Give the car another pass with the owner or the representative present, hand over the keys, and you're all set. Expensive daily rate for the tolls activation (15$/day + tolls, 20$/day with tolls included, we got discount 15$/day with tolls included). So was a terrible experience, Terrible! The context of the battle broadens to the potential rivalry of traditional rental-car companies versus operations such asTuroandGetaround, much as the business community and regulators have seen high-profile disputes in the past several years between traditional taxicab companies versus Uber and Lyft; and traditional hotel companies versus Airbnb and HomeAway. This is a discount car rental. Looking two weeks out at rentals in San Francisco, for example, Turo's rental prices start at a $25-a-day 2010 Mazda 6 (plus insurance, but more on insurance below), while, due to the surge in demand currently, an entry-level rental at Hertz in San Francisco will run you $149 (and you're not guaranteed the vehicle you select at checkout) before getting to insurance. Save up to 40%. Standard $22/day. The owner of this particular vehicle did just that, and while I was embarrassed by the moderate disarray of things, he in turn told me I was the cleanest renter yet. I would be afraid if it was early in the morning or late at night being there. While This was the most inexpensive car rental we could find at the time there was a reason for it. Was close to an hour before the shuttle picked us up to go to the car rental place. The people were quite friendly and the car was Ok. Cleanish but well worn. When we arrived in Miami, they had no cars available despite us having reserved and paid. The staffs was excellent, but there was long line up due to a IT system failure. unprofessional airport crew got food delivered while i was picking up my car walked away like i wasnt . 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami, FL 33131. Cookie Notice rental staff was very hard to understand, so many add on were needed it almost doubled the quoted rate. but when I got to the rental; they wanted to charge me with an extra $49 - $90 day rate just for the ensurance; then tax; then the tolls; etc; etccompletely out of market!!!! Shuttle service was excellent. Pros: More affordable and convenient than most (if not all) vehicle rental agencies, Cons: Like Airbnb, quality control is tough (but improving), one-way rentals usually aren't possible. Scam. The owner arranged to pick me up with Gretel (the stunningly pristine specimen of an automobile you see above) so I could prove my capabilities with a manual transmission. Android Authority, Can I Rent a Car in Miami if Im Under 21? I attempted to change the car in Ft Lauderdale and the customer service was TERRIBLE. Because Miami is such a large and sprawling town, driving is typically the quickest and easiest way to travel between neighborhoods and head to your destination. This time its about the emerging car-sharing business and whether it represents the next-big-thing or a loose operation devoid of regulatory oversight that consumers might expect and local governments might feel responsible to provide, and at the potential expense of the highly regulated, traditional rental-car companies. Privacy The car was broken, every time I turned it squeaked so loud sand when I used the break, gas cover broken, was very small for a full size suv could not even fit 7 passengers comfortably forget luggage. If you've ever picked up a car rental from the airport, you're surely acquainted with issues that often pop up like long lines, faulty reservation systems, or just a super long walk from the terminal. Miami is a bustling city that is commonly frequented by both business travelers and tourists, meaning that its roads can often be congested. I can't help it if Miami is full of deadbeat drivers. Im standing in a suburban street, a 10 minute Uber ride from San Francisco airport. I paid for unlimited tolls, but device transponder was not in the car, and person I found in the garage had very different information, that person at the counter. The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority aggressively pursues, promotes, and protects what it calls the Orlando Experience, demanding high levels of quality product, appearance, and customer service from its business partners. Open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Offering inspired takes on steakhouse fare with diverse Latin American flavors, he's brought Toro Toro to the top of Miami's dining scene. I think we have to give airports a wide berth to do the right thing, Brandes said. Car Rental MIA: Flying into Miami Airport? Turo Car Rentals Is Having Its Moment Live and Lets Fly, How to Rent a Car Without a Credit Card Scotts Cheap Flights, Make Thousands Each Month Renting Cars with Turo, Car Rental Alternatives During COVID-19 Pandemic, Miami International Airport (MIA) Car Rental Guide AutoSlash, 5 Smart Rental Car Alternatives You Might Not Know About, Miami car rental. Miami is the city to rent a beautiful car and feel great driving it. When you first pick up your car, take note of where your fleet is located, as this will be where you go for your return. Publisher: Peter Schorsch @PeterSchorschFL. The Staff showed poor customer service. Feast on our express lunch salad bar with read more, Enjoy Toro Toro happy hour from 4PM - 7PM Monday - Friday read more, As per their website it's every Tues-Sat from 4pm to 7pm. Our car was wet and full of water stains from car wash. Intermediate $17/day. Car rental options on Turo range from a standard Honda to the latest Tesla to a retro camper van. In general, statehouses across the country are considering legislation that would affect peer-to-peer car-sharing. There are a few streets that are known for becoming particularly busy, including Interstates 1, 112, and 195. Instead, Turo offered to help GOAA create a new business sector permit plan for car-sharing, with commensurate fees to compensate the airport for the negligible impact Turo users may have at the terminal, according to Peacocks July 17 letter to GOAA. Both experiences were delightful departures from absolutely every vehicle rental experience I've ever had and proved why Turo is an excellent alternative to standard rental car options.